• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Names & somethin thats been buggin me

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ulive4silver

ok we all now that in the organization, everyone's name has its letters reordered with an X added in it, fine. but here is something that has been buggin me. When it comes to Xemnas' name, he took Ansem with an X, instead of his own name, Xehanort. Now the we know there is Ansem the wise, but the other Ansem is Xehanort's heartless, he went around telling people he was Ansem, just as King Mickey explained. Why wouldnt he take his real name to use for his Nobody name, but instead take his heartless name? can someone answer this for me?

Fʀᴀᴎᴋ

There are two ways of looking at this:

1) If you check out the Secret Ansem Reports (#3 to be specific), you'll see that Xehanort was publishing his personal reports under his mentor's name. Se even before become a Heartless and Nobody, the apprentice was using the alias. Thus the name he rearranged was not his Heartless' but his Alias before losing his heart.

2) If he changed his name in the first place as Xehanort, why would he take it back after becoming a Nobody, since nobodies keep the memories of their past lives?

ulive4silver

Fʀᴀᴎᴋ;4709436 said:

1) If you check out the Secret Ansem Reports (#3 to be specific), you'll see that Xehanort was publishing his personal reports under his mentor's name. Se even before become a Heartless and Nobody, the apprentice was using the alias. Thus the name he rearranged was not his Heartless' but his Alias before losing his heart.

2) If he changed his name in the first place as Xehanort, why would he take it back after becoming a Nobody, since nobodies keep the memories of their past lives?

ok for the 1st part, thanks for clearing it up, but for the second part, if that is the case, what is the signifcance of the X in the first place? the only name that shows up with an X in it, especially being at the beginning of the name, is Xehanort. You can rule out X=10, so every member has an X in it, for there are 13 members + Xion. I think the reason why they are using X is for the rememberance of Xehanort, whether its the regular Xehanort, or the Master.

Fʀᴀᴎᴋ

Well there are many symbolical reasons:

-The Heartless emblem has a red thorny X on it, which can be represent the person's memories being removed from the heart (personal interpretation here). From CoM we know how strongly linked to the heart memories are and how they migrate to the body once the Heartless is created and loses its sense of self. This forms the Nobody. Thus, adding an X to the rearranged name of an individual is like adding memories to the altered version of a person: the Nobody.

-If you remove the X in Xehanort and reassemble the name, you get Another or No Heart. In other words, when you remove someone's memories, you create Another being (the Nobody) which does not have a heart, but instead is a duplicate with the removed memories.

I could go at this forever but I think this summarizes my point.

boo_shoe2000

Because his real name is gay. And Xehanort already had an X so he just agreed with his heartless to find an alternative name and they thought Ansem with an X = Xemnas was cool..........................until they found out that it can be inverted to Mansex. That's the reason they wanted Kingdom Hearts, to change their names.

D∆NTE

Cod 6 online profile (lizymans)

I think that Frank is right.

common thread between all of the members is the "X" that appears within each of their names. As revealed by Tetsuya Nomura, the director of the game, by removing the "X", the remaining letters form an anagram of the members' original names from when they were humans. For instance, "Roxas" is an anagram of "Sora", and "Xemnas" is an anagram of "Ansem". Xemnas' true name is Xehanort; his name is an anagram of 'no heart' or 'another' with an X added. Xion, being an artificial Replica, had no original name. The name "Xion" came from her label as Replica No.i of the Replica Project.

Such thoughts made many fans anxious to try and figure out for themselves the rest of the Organization's members' names. The name of the Nobodies' "other" appears before them in translucent, rainbow colored font (similar to the one shown at the intro to "The World That Never Was"). Then, an "x" drops down and the letters re-arrange themselves until they form a new name. It is also suggested that Xemnas is the one who performs this ceremony. Many have suggested that this isn't true, as Xigbar was the one to find Marluxia and name him, but if one listens to the dialogue between Zexion and Xigbar in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, it is apparent from the way Xigbar does not know how to pronounce Marluxia's name that he was not the one to name him, rather just found him.

This might help you a bit.

tomasmccann

Awards
(hooded man) - I've been to see him, he looks alot like you.
Roxas - Who are you?
(hooded man) - My name is of no importance.
Roxas - Oh, go on, tell me!
(hooded man) - Ok... I'm Hxexoartn.
Roxas - WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back