• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Namine Post-Re:mind?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
LOL, why are you soley blaming Xion for that? Roxas had flashbacks of HPO and still has ice cream with them at the end, it's not like they didn't address that. Axel's story with Saix, his old friend, reached closure as well. How did their connections with Xion make them a blackhole? She doesn't even appear until 90% of the game is over and outside that one flashback before Toy Box she's ignored. Namine got way more attention from the guardians then Xion did, they just couldn't get a body to her during a war with the Xehanorts. Riku and Sora even wish they could help Namine over fighting Xehanort, but that came first.

This argument of Xion ruining Axel and Roxas's relationships makes absolutely no sense to me. Yeah Lea not caring about Kairi is bad writing for sure and I joke about how he has his real friends back so why care about her. I mean if you are going to blame Xion for that then Roxas is just as guilty.

I love when people read into things because they get triggered over one character.

I've said plenty of times that RAX itself is a blackhole and that trios need to have a torturous death into nonexistence because I feel they've been nothing but a detriment when it comes to the vast cast.

The two male characters have expanded their bonds with others beyond RAX, and therefore, beyond Xion. What I stated is exactly that. Never did I say she's to blame or whatever you're mad about. She's the only who doesn't have a concrete relationship outside of RAX, unless you count Riku. It makes sense Xion's stuck to RAX. Axel/Lea has legit interacted with everyone sans Terra and Aqua. I didn't mention Roxas because Roxas also has HPO, Naminé, Sora, but at least they bettered that in the DLC, and there should have been more going on with Ven. We never saw Roxas reunite with HPO, never saw him reunite with Naminé, we don't know how he views Riku or why he's running around with him. We're just left to assume.

And no. Reflecting on Roxas' connection to HPO and Naminé passively and those scenes not amounting to anything other than a quick, cheap attempt by Nomura to show he hasn't forgotten he has other friends (the same thing with Kairi and Naminé) isn't exemplary writing. It doesn't provide any proper resolution due to lack of depth and payoff, making those scenes ultimately valueless. He only put effort with Riku Replica because of his sudden boner for the guy for whatever reason.

And watch. We're going to pick up the next game acting like everyone always cared when there was unimpressionable reactions to deaths and disappearances. Like that happy joy joy ending with beach and ice cream.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I love when people read into things because they get triggered over one character.

I've said plenty of times that RAX itself is a blackhole and that trios need to have a torturous death into nonexistence because I feel they've been nothing but a detriment when it comes to the vast cast.

The two male characters have expanded their bonds with others beyond RAX, and therefore, beyond Xion. What I stated is exactly that. Never did I say she's to blame or whatever you're mad about. She's the only who doesn't have a concrete relationship outside of RAX, unless you count Riku. It makes sense Xion's stuck to RAX. Axel/Lea has legit interacted with everyone sans Terra and Aqua. I didn't mention Roxas because Roxas also has HPO, Naminé, Sora, but at least they bettered that in the DLC, and there should have been more going on with Ven. We never saw Roxas reunite with HPO, never saw him reunite with Naminé, we don't know how he views Riku or why he's running around with him. We're just left to assume.

And no. Reflecting on Roxas' connection to HPO and Naminé passively and those scenes not amounting to anything other than a quick, cheap attempt by Nomura to show he hasn't forgotten he has other friends (the same thing with Kairi and Naminé) isn't exemplary writing. It doesn't provide any proper resolution due to lack of depth and payoff, making those scenes ultimately valueless.

And watch. We're going to pick up the next game acting like everyone always cared when there was non-reaction.
Easy there, I'm not triggered or mad! I'm just trying to understand your logic and you explained. I apologize I came off angry towards you, that was not my intent.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Oh, alright then. Sorry if I came out defensive but you know.

All's good.
To continue, I don't think it's the trios fault Roxas didn't get to interact with his other friends. What should have happened is Roxas and Namine should have been revived at the midpoint of the game. I've had this stance since KH3 started. The start should have been Ven and Aqua. Midpoint Roxas and Namine. The KG war Terra and Xion. Had they spaced these all the characters would have more breathing room instead of being bombed by them one after the other. Roxas could have had those interactions you wanted and Namine could have been out of Kairi before the Keyblade War and help from the side like Yensid and Demyx did. But at this point wishing for that is just a pipe dream as what's done is done.

Then again Roxas being revived late means he skipped that horrible Terranort scene and I'm happy about that. The second worst scene in the game after Kairi's death.

Veritas7

Where do people get RikuNami from lol? Chain of Memories? Didn't KH II establish that Namine likes Roxas in the same way that Kairi likes Sora?

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
To continue, I don't think it's the trios fault Roxas didn't get to interact with his other friends. What should have happened is Roxas and Namine should have been revived at the midpoint of the game. I've had this stance since KH3 started. The start should have been Ven and Aqua. Midpoint Roxas and Namine. The KG war Terra and Xion. Had they spaced these all the characters would have more breathing room instead of being bombed by them one after the other. Roxas could have had those interactions you wanted and Namine could have been out of Kairi before the Keyblade War and help from the side like Yensid and Demyx did. But at this point wishing for that is just a pipe dream as what's done is done.

Then again Roxas being revived late means he skipped that horrible Terranort scene and I'm happy about that. The second worst scene in the game after Kairi's death.

That's a fair enough assessment, and I really don't disagree. I still hold that trios should be gotten rid of, but the entire situation in KHIII could have been salvaged with decent writing and pacing. I just didn't like feeling so empty without seeing the process that gets us to the beach scene, let alone the next game, considering we have a legit gang now in Twilight Town whose reunions we didn't witness. Then there's the odd one year time skip.

But alas.

I can't imagine Nomura willingly making Roxas job, lol. That would have been funny. Though in the DLC it was ridiculous that two veteran wielders (Roxas and Xion) couldn't deferred Xemnas and Kairi suddenly comes in and has his blades disappear. That was such complete bs and came off forced. I digress though, it's Nomura. There are better, believable ways to do damage control.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
That's a fair enough assessment, and I really don't disagree. I still hold that trios should be gotten rid of, but the entire situation in KHIII could have been salvaged with decent writing and pacing. I just didn't like feeling so empty without seeing the process that gets us to the beach scene, let alone the next game, considering we have a legit gang now in Twilight Town whose reunions we didn't witness. Then there's the odd one year time skip.

But alas.

I can't imagine Nomura willingly making Roxas job, lol. That would have been funny. Though in the DLC it was ridiculous that two veteran wielders (Roxas and Xion) couldn't deferred Xemnas and Kairi suddenly comes in and has his blades disappear. That was such complete bs and came off forced. I digress though, it's Nomura. There are better, believable ways to do damage control.
Now to be fair RAX have assimilated Isa, Olette, Pence, Hayner, and now Namine into their blackhole, so they aren't a trio anymore. They are the Twilight Town gang either that or RAXINHPO lol. TAV is the only trio left since SRK haven't been one since DDD. That is of course not counting Sora, Donald and Goofy's trio.

As for the damage control with Xemnas, it is my headcanon that Roxas merely wasn't used to his new body when he attacked Xemnas first. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. It helps me sleep at night when I think that Roxas (With two keyblades and Xion) couldn't break Xemnas's guard but Kairi could lol.

Awards
According to Xion's character file Namine is in Twilight Town. It's also speculated she is performing the memory scans of Roxas and Xion. She likely lives in the old mansion as she does have a room there.

Huh. I pictured Namine moving to Destiny Islands with the destiny trio. She'd get the island life she wanted but without taking Kairi's spot. Her character file was all about a fake memory of DI that she remembers fondly. If anything, the mansion is just a reminder of her life of servitude. At least that's how I made sense of her immense disappointment after Sora told her to restore his true memories.

Last edited:

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Now to be fair RAX have assimilated Isa, Olette, Pence, Hayner, and now Namine into their blackhole, so they aren't a trio anymore. They are the Twilight Town gang either that or RAXINHPO lol. TAV is the only trio left since SRK haven't been one since DDD. That is of course not counting Sora, Donald and Goofy's trio.

As for the damage control with Xemnas, it is my headcanon that Roxas merely wasn't used to his new body when he attacked Xemnas first. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. It helps me sleep at night when I think that Roxas (With two keyblades and Xion) couldn't break Xemnas's guard but Kairi could lol.

Thank the Lords for that one. But knowing Nomura he'll do some other trio bs. He already did it with Isa and Lea, which came utterly out of nowhere and was incredibly unnecessary. I never thought there would be a contrived, forced addition to a duo other than Xion, but then Subject X happened and took first spot.

Honestly, I get the feeling Nomura knows the narrative is bonkers in some respects so he just adds stuff in because he wants to or think it's ingenious and doesn't bother with the bigger picture. It's a place for his insanity.

Back