• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Namine Question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

khspartan14

From the way I've understood Namine, she's a nobody created from Kairi's heart, and Sora's body & soul. My question is, if Roxas had to return to Sora because he was half his body, why would Namine return to Kairi instead of Sora, when she is made from him?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
The answer to that, my dear, is quite simple.

No one knows.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
If I have to make a guess, I suppose it was because Namine came from Kairi's heart after all, and she simply returned to where she belonged.

And unlike Roxas, it's not that Namine is created directly from Sora's body; his body was used as an intermediary to facilitate the birth of Namine. It wasn't Sora's. She's... an enigma, really; it seems that aside from Kairi's heart, she came out from nothing.

khspartan14

If I have to make a guess, I suppose it was because Namine came from Kairi's heart after all, and she simply returned to where she belonged.

And unlike Roxas, it's not that Namine is created directly from Sora's body; his body was used as an intermediary to facilitate the birth of Namine. It wasn't Sora's. She's... an enigma, really; it seems that aside from Kairi's heart, she came out from nothing.

I wish they said that Namine had to return to Kairi for whatever reason. Namine just merges with her, and if Namine hadn't, would there have been a problem? And does Namine appearing in 3D imply she's somehow trapped in Sora's heart? Cause it goes from her to Xion to Roxas, the latter of whom are trapped.

Last edited:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I'm not sure, but I really doubt that Namine is trapped in Sora's heart. After all, we saw her merging with Kairi in KH2 in that scene in which she slowly fades away when they were escaping, and then again near the end of the game in a metaphysical state of being before retreating into Kairi.

If Namine was somehow trapped in Sora's heart, then we should have seen her when Riku dived in, but no. The only ones present were Roxas, Ventus, Xion, and Ansem the Wise.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I'm sure they'll come up with a reason eventually, but up till now Naminé had to return to Kairi because...reasons. Since Naminé seems to be a product of Kairi's heart to some extent, my guess is that she took some of Kairi's light, but that wouldn't be substantial enough that Kairi would need her back. I guess it can be chalked up to Naminé's nature. It's not so much that Kairi "needed" her back, but being some form of "Nobody", it was Naminé that had to return to Kairi to be whole. That's my guess anyway.

khspartan14

Gosh, I never realized how confusing Namine is.
She is so mysterious, she'd be the perfect thirteenth vessel. Time travel back to Castle Oblivion, and Young Xehanort offers her the
Crayola 52-0029 150-Count Telescoping Crayon Tower, Storage Case and Sharpener to join his side. Her greed will overtake her, and her heart will succumb.

Rolands

I figured she was just suicidal. She never had anything; no home, no family, no friends, no joy in life. Constantly fighting loneliness and emptiness. Used and abused from the day she was born. Threatened into turning Sora, a person she came to deeply love, into Marluxia's pawn. By the time she betrayed Marluxia the damage had already been done. Sora needed to go to sleep to regain his memories, and in the process Namine would lose the only person precious to her.

She spent the next year trying to repair her precious hero's memories, surely feeling more than her fair share of guilt. For the first time in her life she was free, but she was in no position to enjoy life. No, she was too busy working to undo her mistakes, her only company being a stoic who was rarely around and a mysterious man who believed she ought not to exist. Also because of her meddling, two innocent people had to die in order for Sora to wake up.

Life had nothing to offer her, in her mind it would probably never be anything but pain and suffering. Best to become part of someone else, rather than carry on her own pointless existence. At least that way she could be close to Sora.

Last edited:

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
khspartan, you have no idea how much I want Naminé to be a vessel. It would make a lot of sense in my head (though I'd want them to save her, of course), but I won't derail the thread with talk of that. And I did state reasons why I thought it could happen in some thread here a few years ago, I think.

And technically... I don't think that was actually Naminé in Sora's dream. Rather, I think it was Xion the whole time, and Sora was just seeing her as Naminé at first.

However, there definitely is a deep connection between the two. Aside from the obvious, Naminé showed up in the Datascape in Re:Coded. And when asked how there was a Data Roxas, Nomura stated that since there was a Data Sora there had to be one of Roxas, as they make up one existence. However, there was a Data Naminé existing without a Data Kairi: probably because she is also tied to Sora's existence.

Also, this reminds me of something I've always wondered: why couldn't Naminé have returned to Sora to give him his memories back? I mean, she had all the memories he needed, and she was somewhat from him, anyway (not to mention obsessed with him). I would have liked that better, honestly, because then she would have truly made up for what she'd done, instead of screwing other people over and making them pay the price instead (if it had happened with Naminé making the sacrifice, I probably honestly wouldn't hate her so much, and they would have saved her eventually, anyway), but alas.

Anyway, here's hoping this all gets sorted out someday...

khspartan14

khspartan, you have no idea how much I want Naminé to be a vessel. It would make a lot of sense in my head (though I'd want them to save her, of course), but I won't derail the thread with talk of that. And I did state reasons why I thought it could happen in some thread here a few years ago, I think.

And technically... I don't think that was actually Naminé in Sora's dream. Rather, I think it was Xion the whole time, and Sora was just seeing her as Naminé at first.

However, there definitely is a deep connection between the two. Aside from the obvious, Naminé showed up in the Datascape in Re:Coded. And when asked how there was a Data Roxas, Nomura stated that since there was a Data Sora there had to be one of Roxas, as they make up one existence. However, there was a Data Naminé existing without a Data Kairi: probably because she is also tied to Sora's existence.

Also, this reminds me of something I've always wondered: why couldn't Naminé have returned to Sora to give him his memories back? I mean, she had all the memories he needed, and she was somewhat from him, anyway (not to mention obsessed with him). I would have liked that better, honestly, because then she would have truly made up for what she'd done, instead of screwing other people over and making them pay the price instead (if it had happened with Naminé making the sacrifice, I probably honestly wouldn't hate her so much, and they would have saved her eventually, anyway), but alas.

That'd be pretty sweet if she was, I hope there'd be a female seeker. Larxene was gonna, not anymore unfortunately. Say what you will about Xehanort, at least he is an equal opportunity body stealer. (Boy vessel Xehanort + girl vessel xehanort= New saga villain)

Ok that does make sense, but Kairi is way stronger than Namine, so wouldn't he still see Xion as Xion first?

I own Recoded, have yet to play it. Not sure if i will, or just watch the cutscenes in 2.5. But that is interesting, makes Namine seem a lot more involved with Sora than Kairi.

That'd be an awesome scene. Roxas goes in first. Then Diz, behind Namine, pushes her into Sora, completing him. That'd be on par with Recom brutality.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Exactly, Ansem is also stumped by her. The nature of what she really is may never be confirmed, as she is a true anomaly.

I wish they said that Namine had to return to Kairi for whatever reason. Namine just merges with her, and if Namine hadn't, would there have been a problem? And does Namine appearing in 3D imply she's somehow trapped in Sora's heart? Cause it goes from her to Xion to Roxas, the latter of whom are trapped.
Because Naminé was about to be murdered by Ansem the Wise. If Riku hadn't helped her escape she would have been. Naminé knew her existence was fleeting, if she had been destroyed her body wouldn't have been re completed because she had no Heartless (we now know, however, that Naminé grew a heart). Naminé truly believed that Nobodies had no hearts, and in that case the best case scenario was to return to Kairi and become complete. She knew this was a long shot, she says so herself that she thought all Nobodies were doomed.

She's not trapped in Sora's heart anymore than Aqua, Terra, Donald, Goofy, Pluto or Mickey are. That dream was about the people Sora was connected to, and the people he let down. The same people Blank Points called upon to be saved, and the same people Naminé projected in re:coded. The torment of their suffering is what made Sora fall to darkness. If Naminé had been trapped in Sora's heart, she would have appeared with Xion, Roxas, and Ventus at the end.

There was probably a data Kairi, she just never made it off the island, or Chip and Dale rigged it so she wouldn't get in the way. Data Roxas and Data Naminé were more of a result of the real Naminé's interference.

Well, I don't think this would have worked. Afterall, Roxas joined with Sora but Sora didn't gain his memories until Roxas willed it in 3D.

I own Recoded, have yet to play it. Not sure if i will, or just watch the cutscenes in 2.5. But that is interesting, makes Namine seem a lot more involved with Sora than Kairi.

Naminé's actually the catalyst for the current arc of the series from the heroes' end of things. If it wasn't for her, the heroes wouldn't know about those waiting for them who are in torment and Mickey never would have sent that letter.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
IDK... Square seems to love pretending Kairi doesn't exist these days. She wasn't even in the Journal's memory of Destiny Islands. If there wasn't even that, I doubt that there was a Data Kairi similar to Roxas and Naminé's.

Fair enough, but I still would have preferred it if Naminé had made the sacrifice. It makes sense in my head, but that's neither her nor there. We don't know if something like that would have worked, so I'm just going to forget it (though to be honest, I really don't entirely trust Naminé).

And I suppose you're right, but she also put the Bugs in the Journal and caused a whole bunch of havoc to happen before she got that point across. My main gripe with Naminé is that she seems to cause more problems than she fixes, and she always ends up screwing someone else over to help another (she screwed Sora over to help the Organization, though that wasn't her choice. She screwed Roxas and Xion over to help Sora, and then she screwed over Data Sora and the Datascape to tell Sora about those needing saving, and to make sure he could bare the "hurt".)

I could say more, but I won't, as this is starting to turn into a post about my hate for Naminé. (Well... love/hate, because I can relate/sympathize with her a lot of times, and I do realize she's one of the most interesting, important, most developed characters in the series--especially for the girls--but she just ticks me off a lot. If she finally breaks free of her mold, though, I'll probably finally love her all the time.) Anyway, just ignore me.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Namine as a Seeker of Darkness... Huh. I wouldn't mind that.

To the OP's question. I got nothing. She said once that she's Kairi's shadow, or something.
Namine is more like...a sentient image, a ripple in the water, a reflection in a mirror, and whatever other symbolic description we can come up with.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

To the OP's question. I got nothing. She said once that she's Kairi's shadow, or something.
Namine is more like...a sentient image, a ripple in the water, a reflection in a mirror, and whatever other symbolic description we can come up with.

I remember that from Reverse/Rebirth. I suppose it's slightly more accurate than Nobody considering how different she is from other Nobodies.

Gram

Banned
Awards

That's actually a rather good comparison because the root word of Namine's name means wave/tide. (or something close to that effect)

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
You're right, 波 nami means wave in Japanese. A wave in the sea (海 umi or kai, depending on the context), isn't that just fitting?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
More so when you realize the french né is the past participle of naître, meaning to be born.

Namin
é literally means born from the wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back