• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Namine's name

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malevolence

Raw Life
I know she's Kairi's nobody and like all of the other lesser nobodies there name have an X in them but Namine's doesn't.

Why is that?

Samhain

Bronze Member
Only Organization 13 have an "X" in their name. It's not all nobodies :)

Macabre

Gold Member
I know she's Kairi's nobody and like all of the other lesser nobodies there name have an X in them but Namine's doesn't.

Why is that?

She's not an Organization XIII member.
only the Org. XIII members have names with an X added to them.

And Namine's not a Lesser Nobody.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Well, technically, Namine is, but that's not a discussion for here or now.Naminie's name is different because she was a separatee charater upon creation. She had no connections to Kairi.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I don't think it's lesser so much as hardly a Nobody.

And while I do tend more and more to believe her being Kairi's Nobody was retconned (wtf Nomura wasn't even going to tell us what happened in that year gap between KH1 and KH2 as stated by he himself), I kind of like the notion that her name still symbolizes a connection between Kairi and Sora, the two she's related to.
Waves (Namine's "Nami") are the Ocean (Kairi) reaching for the Sky (Sora).

So it's not like she's named without relation, and in a way, she fulfilled the whole 'New You' concept better than anyone else did in the Organization (literally as well by recreating herself in Sora's Heart)

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
Well, technically, Namine is, but that's not a discussion for here or now.Naminie's name is different because she was a separatee charater upon creation. She had no connections to Kairi.

can someone please explain to me what a separate character is? and a Orignal Character honestly I see that I'm confused. someone want to explain that to me.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
can someone please explain to me what a separate character is? and a Orignal Character honestly I see that I'm confused. someone want to explain that to me.

Namine is an original character, seeing how she was made for KH and not another game like say Leon, which came from FF (where he is an original character).
By a separate character he means that Namine was supposed to be separate - without ties to any existing character, at least one that we met thus far.
In short - he's saying Namine wasn't supposed to be Kairi's Nobody, but her own person. a separate person.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
lol I could never understand that. lol but ok I think I know what your saying.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Naminé's only connection to Kairi is through Kairi's heart. She's not completely seperate, because she was made from two other characters, but we're supposed to think of her as her own individual character.

Think of it this way. When people think of Roxas, they think of him as Sora's Nobody.

When people think of Naminé they don't automatically think- Kairi's Nobody. Her reason for being is much more complicated than just being one person's Nobody.

Plus, when you hear the name Naminé doesn't it make you think 'No name'?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I think a great part of Marluxia's plot in CoM was based on them knowing, or at least having a clue. Naminé was born at the same time as Roxas, had Kairi's face and Roxas's colors, not to mention a link to Memories and specifically to Sora's.
Circumstances would point at one logical explanation for the most part, if we keep in mind that numbers 1-6 were AtW's apprentices at one time, and that's the conclusion AtW himself eventually reached about Naminé.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back