• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► NaNoWriMo!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

giuocob

Yeah, I know it's not November for over a month, but I wanted to get the discussion started now, because I'm hoping some people who weren't going to do it might change their minds. Besides, I'm already struggling with the idea of what plot I'm going to use.

So, who's going to participate in this insane rush to 50k words in 30 days? Hopefully I'll be able to do it, though I expect to pump out more crap than I ever have before in my life.

(For those of you who don't know what NaNoWriMo is, look at National Novel Writing Month - National Novel Writing Month)

I

The Show Must Go On
...It would take you an entire month to write out 50kb of writing? I could do that in less than a day, as long as I had an idea to write on.

Is there a specific thing to write about? I might do it if I have the time to.

giuocob

Not 50kb...50k words. As in, 50 thousand. (If that was sarcastically poking fun at my vagueness, sorry, I missed it.) And you can write about whatever you want to...just do EVERYTHING in November.

giuocob

^Thanks!

Aw, come on, nobody else is going to join the 80 thousand authors expected to participate in the Writer's Marathon this year? There's got to be someone around here...

I

The Show Must Go On
Oh, fifty thousand words... That's a lot. Yeah, I agree with you now, fifty thousand words might take about a month - I could do about seven thousand in about a day or so, but that's no where near fifty thousand ;.;

giuocob

Signups are now open! If you're planning on joining, head on over to the NaNoWriMo homepage and make yourself an account! (Also, post your account name so we novelists can keep in touch.) Mine is...giuocob.

Jopari

I'm so joining this. Mindless writing is my specialty, if anyone can tell. XP

My account name is Sanctus. I'll enjoy this.

Jopari

Yeah, I'll have to pull a couple long nights to finish it on time. But fifty thousand is reachable as long as I can resist the urge to keep changing things I've already written.

darkisaac

Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
I would love to do this, but I doubt I could come up with a good plot and rush through it so quickly, ARG! Writer's block!

Seriously though, I've been wanting to write an original Fic for a long time bt there are several problems.

- can't come up with a good, original plot.

- I'm woefully irresponsible, and rarely do I stick to things like a full-length fiction. I usually start...then after a few chapters I get lazy...

- 50 K words in a month? Maybe I could do it, but like I said I suck at commitment.

Basically my biggest obstacle is having a good plot y'know? something good to write about, a cool story. I believe if I had a good plot I'd probably commit to it.

darkisaac

Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Actually, and ironically, my lack of ideas has given me an idea...

I know crazy huh?

I won't say anymore 'cause if I decide to make a Fic out of it, then I'd be giving away the plot...

Hey, giuocob, I'm thinking about this, but, I might and I might not.

Who are those people in your sig? I think I know one of them...

giuocob

Those are the well-known Crazy Frog Brothers, who dance crazily to the Crazy Frog theme. Search for it on YouTube, it'll surely come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back