• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Necessary to play or can i skip and watch Youtube Movie of CoM?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

The13thOrder

I just bought the Kingdom Hearts All In One Package and finished KH 1 Final Mix. (I have previously in my life already played all the Kingdom Hearts games except Dream Drop Distance and 0.2)

The thing is i wanted to do a complete Kingdom Hearts play through in my christmas holidays (2 weeks) before playing Kingdom Hearts 3 when it releases in a month. Lets just get to my question. Is it really really necessary to PLAY Chain Of Memories to get the complete Kingdom Hearts experience ? The card system is just such a pain in the ass and i have tried so often but it annoys the fuck outta me i just cant play it. I have already finished the game when i was like 12 but still is it really necessary to play the game or can i just watch one of these 3 hour Kingdom Hearts youtube videos where they have all the cut scenes of the game ? Also is there a way to unlock the theatre of this game without having completed it ?

Wallflower3582

I mean, technically you could do that for basically any of the games if you're just going for the plot. It undermines some of the impact imo though, so I'd still recommend playing over watching.

You could just do it on easy mode, and make sure you fight almost all of the heartless so you keep your level up. I initially hated the card system but by the end of the game I had learned how to use it and I still love it. Using shortcuts is always important. Also, don't forget to use the enemy cards, the ones like Oogie Boogie, Creeper Plant, and Hook are all priceless when it comes to keeping your health up. If you'd still like to play it but want to get through it as quickly as possible, you could Google a walkthrough and follow it to the letter, but personally I've never liked the idea of doing that…

Veevee

Awards
I recently showed Re:Com to my friend and we watched it on Youtube. Yes, playing is always over watching, but the Gameplay drags out quite a bit and can be a little dull sometimes, so if you are in a hurry, I recommend watching the cutscenes. You are mostly replaying the same Disney worlds again with an aspect of "who are you and what am I doing here" which is kinda exciting at first, but kinda drags its feet after a while. Still, a great game, the dialogue's pretty good and the baddies interesting, so you should at least somehow consume it.

SoulXaldin

Awards
If you feel confident that you are familiar with the story beats but you need like a quick refresher, the Mementos in KH3D should do you fine. Otherwise, you’re better off playing the game.

Tempo

Awards
in a word: Yes. It is necessary. just fill your deck with easy sleights, make use of jafar genie, chuck some cure cards and 0 cards at the back of your deck for quick access in a pinch for healing and blocking enemy sleights, and learn to time your dodge rolls, and you'll do fine. it's honestly not that difficult, and there's no extra scenes you can unlock by playing on harder difficulties so you can just breeze through on beginner mode. i PROMISE it's not as bad as it looks.

but if you REALLY must skip the game and just watch the scenes, here. Watch Everglow's KH Timeline project: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhcSrKyqhfh5USKgcHjwTjeVbngw7Y0pr

i recommend watching from the beginning, but if you just want the CoM scenes then watch episode 51 (a beautiful combination of the endings of KH1 and 0.2 plus the beginning of 358 and CoM) and go from there.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I don't think it's necessary at all. Feel free to just watch the cutscenes.

nosledX

The card system annoys everyone. I mean, it's a really tough game at first sight - you just wish to play around with your keyblade and attack pressing the buttons without so much strategy that seems to lead you nowhere. But it gets better when you learn how to build your deck and the gameplay is fun after all. Fighting the Organization members is haaaaard , however, I think it's a great experience.

As for the worlds: nah, the only one that gives you a real improvement is a Castle Oblivion, the other ones are just a resized reproduction from KH1.

Other point that you should consider is that when you finished the game it's possible to play as Riku (sort of the same Sora boss-line but with a few extras, different Organization's members to fight and a way more fun deck to attack).

I've played CoM on GBA and it's being good playing de re: version :redface:

Back