• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Need help on critical mode

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: need help on critical mode

Zero Exp meams you get no experience points at all so it'd make the game a lot harder.

Usually people go for sword and ditch staff, though personally I like to keep shield and ditch staff. I prefer the boost in defense over the boost on strength, but ultimately it depends on how you play.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

If you go for the shield, you get Once More and Second Chance earlier, which helps with the later-game bosses.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

Zero Exp meams you get no experience points at all so it'd make the game a lot harder.

Usually people go for sword and ditch staff, though personally I like to keep shield and ditch staff. I prefer the boost in defense over the boost on strength, but ultimately it depends on how you play.

Everyone Hates Staff(tm).

Even in Critical Mode, the mode where you'll be using Reflect over and over, KH2's Magic just doesn't stand up to snuff.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards

Critical mode really isn't that hard. I'm up to Disney Castle and it's been a breeze so far. It's not difficult as it is tedious. You can't go "guns blazing". You have to think strategically.

For example when I'm surrounded by a group of enemies, I isolate the one that's giving me the hardest time. Before I had the ability to send enemies into the air, I would keep my distance and use magic. Now that I've gained that ability, I just go for aerial attacks because enemies can't attack in that state.

Last edited:

Dark Wing

Awards

once you get magnet burst and some negative combo abilities, that can make taking care of large groups of enemies a breeze

Gram

Banned
Awards

Doesn't Zero Exp also grant you Once More & 2nd Chance perks since you can't get them on a lvl 1 playthrough?

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

I always grab the staff (ahem) and ditch the sword. It's not so much that I dislike having good attack, I'm just a bit more of a conservative player.
I will say this for Critical, though: level up ASAP. I quickly tired of dying in 2 hits -_-

Davidsawr

Wisdom Forme can make boss fights alot easier on critical. Not all but some. It allows you to quickly excape the enemy and quickly deal damage from afar as well as spam thundaga. I never used it at all before but Ive found some use for it. Also level up your drives as much as possible before moving on; this gives you some great abilities and if you do need to use a drive the gauge will last longer.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin
the only reason im playing on critical to get the secret ending and in standard i finished everything but i still didn't get the secret ending i finished jiminy journal i finished all gummi ships in S rank but i didn't get all the treasures and i didn't finish EX MISSIONS in S rank it's hard cause EX missions i can't choose ships of my will

lol guys please tell me how cause everytime i ask about the gummi ship and secret ending nobody reply's me it's important to me

Last edited by a moderator:

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards

lol guys please tell me how cause everytime i ask about the gummi ship and secret ending nobody reply's me it's important to me
You get the secret ending for-sure on Critical, and pretty much the same for Proud. Not sure what you want to know about the Gummi Ship, though.

Xehanort-X-blade

keyblade graveyard waiting for the war to begin

You get the secret ending for-sure on Critical, and pretty much the same for Proud. Not sure what you want to know about the Gummi Ship, though.
im trying to get the secret ending on standard mode i finished everything but im stuck with the gummi ship missions i got all S rank in the mission's but the problem is the EX missions it's so hard i can't get S rank cause i can't pick my strongest ships they all have X mark how to finish them do i need all S rank in EX mission's and do i need to get all the gummi ships treasures?

Sorakh212

Awards
Only time I've ever chosen the shield was for Critical and man am I glad I did. Having Once More and Second Chance really makes a world of difference especially for boss fights later down the line. Critical was surprisingly easy for me with the exception of a few parts or at least in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back