• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Needing some hints for Mysterious Figure

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well, I searched back at least 10 pages and didn't found a MF-help thread so I decided to just make up a new one.

Backstory is that I recently finally finished Final Episode (had not much time on hand) and then reloaded my Terra-Save to take on the secret bosses.
After 7 to 8 tries I found out how Vanitas's Sentiment "functions" and let him kick the bucket.

Yet the MF is a completely different story.
Could it be that this guy is some sort of a cheater?
I mean pulling that "Magnet Rope"-move twice in a row, come on, it's impossible to survive that...

I actually got him down to about half health quite some times but then he starts going invisible, sending out those pesky laser-orbs and conjuring Meteors at the same time.

My stats are as follows:

Terra Lv. 61
Str 42
Magic 33
Defense 31

Weapon: Void Gear
Shotlock: Bio Barrage (has the lowest lock-on count, but still doesn't really work effectively against him).

Deck:
Thunder Surge x4
Curaga x4

My first strategy was to go in harassing him with Shotlocks and Sonic Blade, yet even with Bio Barrages low lock on count he's still too fast for me to get a good barrage in and Sonic Blade isn't as effective as it was against the Iron Imprisoners.
Normal attacks per keyblade (which would be actuallly neat considering Terra's power-blows) doesn't work that well either because he either stops you or ties Terra up with that white energy-rope and then starts a doom counter...

I then switched in for Thunder Surges, which make you invincible for a short duration and help greatly dealing with his clones and the tornado. They also take away at least half a HP-bar per attack.
His sword combos are actually blockable and with Renewal block saves you a Curaga, as is the x-attack.

Yet still he mainly gets me either with that stupid Magnet rope or shooting out those laser-orbs which seem to hit several times even with sliding away or by blocking with renewal block.

So, any of you fellas having additional tips how to let that critter finally bite the dust?
Vanitas's Sentiment was somewhat amusing to fight, but the MF slowly gets a tad frustrating, especially considering that he seems to "cheat" sometimes with his moves.

Supernova Zander

The Thunder Surge strategy is probably what you want to stick to, although I recommend you take 2x Curagas away and replace them with another pair of Thunder Surges, since with Renewal Block you don't really need that many, and you should probably set one of the Curagas as your shortcut for easy access. It's best to keep a hit-and-run strategy going with Mysterious Figure, using Thunder Surge mainly when he performs his X-Attack and his tornado attacks; using it when he performs X-Attack works best for myself, as you pass through it without taking damage and you can get at least two to three hits in on him depending on your distance - not to mention you can cause him to repeat the a few more times, which amuses me for some reason. To dodge his Magnet-Rope attack, I can only suggest you Slide away from him as he jumps into the air and casts the attack, that way you're out of it's range. If you can't dodge it, you're more-or-less dead, unless you strike lucky and he chooses a long-range attack like the X-Attack (Why couldn't they have added Aerial Recovery to our version rather than in FM? DX). The energy orbs, I just generally Block them, but if you have enough timing you can rather easily slide past them. Doom counters can be easily dodged with Slide as well, and if you are caught in one, just button-mash like your life depends on it. Should he begin to use Vanish, quickly use Thunder Surge and hit him, as this does cancel it out. And if he does manage to use it, just Slide around until he re-appears.

That's all I can think of that might help you really, other than not using Shotlocks, as they are a little time-consuming and leave you vulnerable both while charging it and after it's been executed; also I have to agree, he does seem to "cheat" quite a lot when he fights; the sly mother-moogle. I hope some of this helps you! 8D

Crystal

Silver Member
I think when MF is using the X-attack, it was the best time to attack him with thunder surges.
I'm not sure it works on you or not, i block when he is using the laser orbs, because when you having renewal block, you can actually heal yourself while blocking.

Stars

リク
It is actually harder to beat MF in Terra's story :mad: And like everyone said, thunder surges and fire surges are best to beat him.. And during he perform the X attack, you can actually use surges to attack him.. I don't think Shotlock works on him..for me.. but there is a video beating him by using shotlock, you can refer to it if you wish to use different strategy :D
YouTube - KHBBS - Mysterious Figure (Terra) (No Surges) (Critical)
LOL

Crystal

Silver Member
It is actually harder to beat MF in Terra's story :mad: And like everyone said, thunder surges and fire surges are best to beat him.. And during he perform the X attack, you can actually use surges to attack him.. I don't think Shotlock works on him..for me.. but there is a video beating him by using shotlock, you can refer to it if you wish to use different strategy :D
YouTube - KHBBS - Mysterious Figure (Terra) (No Surges) (Critical)
LOL

Wow..the player was good in using shotlock. But wouldn't MF will block it and heal himself since he has renewal block.xD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
First I wanna thank you all for the tips to finally floor that critter...lol.

@Supernova Zander:
I actually tried your strategy and now I nearly always manage to bring him down to half health. Yet then he always gets me because he goes literally crazy doing sometimes three attacks at once.
He always uses Vanish when I just slided away from him after a successful attack or when I am at 1 HP and need to heal.
While invisible I very often have the bad luck that he performs the laser-orbs, engulfing himself in fire and conjures a Meteor all at once...I simply can't survive such a barrage, lol.
The Magnet rope, Tornado and Doom are as of now no problem for me anymore...I dodge them 9 out of 10 times.

@Crystal:
Blocking the laser-orbs only works one or two times, then they start circling around me and shoot from all directions...I guess only Aqua with her Barrier can ignore this.

@stars: I watched that vid and it seems really worth a try...not fully charging the shotlock even seems to prevent MF from using his own Renewal block.
Yet in the video MF was quite a bit tamer when invisible, when he's in that mode at my PSP he goes nuts and shoots out sometimes even three attacks at once.
Conjuring laser-orbs and clones plus firing a Mega Flare is also no fun...*ggg*

Crystal

Silver Member
@Crystal:
Blocking the laser-orbs only works one or two times, then they start circling around me and shoot from all directions...I guess only Aqua with her Barrier can ignore this.

Aqua always having privillege in beating the secret bosses. >:D
Because she is having reflect ability.
If for strength, i always think Ven is the easiest in beating every secret bosses.

So, have you try the shotlock strategy? :D

I try it xD I don't know Seph had try it or not :3
It just makes MF goes down one hp bar, then i got kill lol

Stars

リク
Aqua always having privillege in beating the secret bosses. >:D
Because she is having reflect ability.
If for strength, i always think Ven is the easiest in beating every secret bosses.

But i found that I beat secret bosses easily with Ventus even though he doesn't have reflect.

I try it xD I don't know Seph had try it or not :3
It just makes MF goes down one hp bar, then i got kill lol

Hardly having such luck as the video owner lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back