The next issue of Famitsu Weekly will contain an interview with the developers of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. FF-Reunion has posted some snippets from the yet unreleased issue, and I've translated the entry below.
From the magazine going on sale this week, an interview with developers concerning Birth by Sleep will be published. (Maybe with Co. Director Tai Yasue or Co. Producer Youichi Yoshimoto?) Excerpts from the interview:
- “The game was going to be developed for PS2, but the a half year after the development for Birth by Sleep began, the request for Chain of Memories came.”
- “There wasn’t even a year until the development deadline. There was an incredibly absurd amount of planning and action, we thought preparing the new components would be impossible, but when the development ended, everything was included and nothing was cut out.”
- “A man was in charge of [animating] Aqua’s motion.”
- “Speaking of its scale, there was concern for the number of people able to make an HD game.”
- “As for the development of KH, certainly magic will happen in the end.”
- “When the player’s reaction is good I am happy, I can make a bond with the players. I want to do my best on the next title.”