• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Blog Update by Takeharu Ishimoto on TWEWY Auditions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Takeharu Ishimoto, one of our favorite composers from Square Enix posted a short message today on the Square Enix Music Blog regarding vocalist auditions for The World Ends With You! Below is a translation courtesy of the wonderful Goldpanner:

Thank you!
Yesterday was the first round of judging for the The World Ends With You vocals auditions.
According to what our staff has counted so far, it seems there are in total over 240 applications.
I have listened to all the songs, and I was surprised by the high quality of everyone's recordings.
The rest of the applicants who didn't go with a set piece of music chose such cool pieces and we who listened really enjoyed it, but...
....selection gave us serious trouble.
We decided on who would pass the first round, but there is still a second round to judge, so those who have not applied, please cheer them on.
We will soon let you know how we will be conducting the second round of judging so please wait.
To those who weren't selected this time, please don't give up after this, please continue to find many ways to challenge yourselves.
Above all I want you to stay positive.

Source: SQEX Music Blog

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I love reading Ishimoto's blogs. They're so inspirational!

and omg 240 applicants ;A;

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Wow so many applicants! Thanks Gexus and thanks goldpanner for the lovely translation! =D

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I have to say I'm kind of shocked they only got 240 applicants. However, that might just be because when I think of applicants for music, I think of the thousands that show up to every audition for those music shows lol xP

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Well, remember this was Japan-only, and those shows have a lot of funding behind them with an amazing grand prize.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Well, remember this was Japan-only, and those shows have a lot of funding behind them with an amazing grand prize.

lol I view this prize as more amazing, but I'm assuming that that might be only those on these forums and a few others xP

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
lol I view this prize as more amazing, but I'm assuming that that might be only those on these forums and a few others xP

Getting to record music for a video game =/= getting a million dollar recording contract that most of the primetime reality contests offer.

The amount of entries to this audition seems pretty normal; if I'm not mistaken FFIV's audition had just about the same.

zachen

Awards
This pleases me :3 I"m really glad to hear some progress is being made on the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back