• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NEW Final Fantasy Characters You Were Expecting In KH3 & Future Games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I know KH3 disappointed a lot of the Final Fantasy fans out there by having none (except a Cactuar and the constellations). However, I'm curious to know which characters were you expecting to show up?

Very early on (back when FFXIII was recent), I was 99% sure that Lightning would show up in Olympus OR somewhere in the Realm of Darkness and team up with Aqua. Aside from Lightning, I also thought Balthier/Fran would be the easiest to place from FFXII than anyone else from that game... probably in The Caribbean (that's what I was thinking when I saw The Caribbean revealed). I was also 99% sure we were going to get Noctis since Nomura apparently adores him, and I guess we did in our own KH-way lol.

Aside from those, I didn't really think we would see any other characters. I kinda expected a cameo from YRP, but since Radiant Garden barely made a cameo that became doubtful. I also hoped that Rydia from FFIV would appear, but I don't really believe it will ever happen. I feel that with Final Fantasy, Nomura would go the route the Disney side of things are, and choose the most recent stuff only (FFVIIR being a convenient excuse to push the gang in Radiant Garden more).

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Was 100 percent expecting Lighting as well. Seemed like an obvious pick at the time. Shame since I thought she and SDG would have had hilarious banter.

Aside from her Rinoa due to her Easter egg in KH2's credits.

disney233

Awards
This was a fool's dream for expectations. I'm not sure, but there were a lot of neat Final Fantasy characters I wanted to show up in Kingd-K E F K A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ss_42d28d16bf476fd061f95f5f95b965f07c39de40.1920x1080.jpg

Also Zidane but I lost that hope when Agrabah wasn't confirmed.

Cumguardian69

Awards
At the very least I was expecting zero FF characters (BBS & DDD made it clear that Nomura just didnt care about FF in KH anymore), but if I could uave anyone show up it'd be Serah, Noel, and Caius.

Actuallly....Caius would be PERFECT since death as a concept is officially in the series.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
There is a difference between who I was expecting and who I wanted to appear in KH3.

I was expecting and dreading Lightning from XIII. Noctis also seemed like a obvious choice, but unlike Lightning, I was actually looking forward to him. The only other character I was expecting was Rinoa. I was hoping she'd appear if Radiant Garden did.

Characters I was hoping to see that were new? Rinoa (again) Gilgamesh, Serah, Sazh, Balthier/Fran, Terra Brandford, The FFV cast, and Garnet. I didn't think any of these characters were going to appear sans Rinoa, but I would have liked to have seen them.

Soldier

Awards
one word,
GILGAMESH!
Jesu cripso I hate how Nomura has essentially shafted final fantasy in this series for the sake of promoting his own OCS into the series. I've said it many times before, but they honestly should've used him in KH 3. You have a bridge in Kingdom of Corona, plenty of final fantasy heroes weapons that he can "use" (create knockoffs of and use in battle) and just provide a challenge that we clearly weren't getting with the base game. After all, the one "secret" boss in the main game is a cakewalk if you know what you're doing.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I kinda wish the FF characters got better treatment. We still don’t know what they were doing 10 years before when RG fell, and also the confirmation of what Tifa is supposed to be, human or light projection.

Back to topic, I honestly don’t expect Lightning or Noctis, considering the former is the indirect representation of why his dream project got shafted (Crystal Tools, anyone?), and Noctis, because salt, though Yozora’s existence serves as an expy anyway.

Shantoto, because she’s such a mischievous little -ahem–.

Zest, or Setro, whatever who cares about the name, the original Warrior of Light and predecessor of all FF protagonists.

Cecil Harvey, a good representation of darkness turning to the light.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Lightning seemed like an obvious choice. I always wanted Serah, Noel, Caius, and Yeul to appear as well.

Gilgamesh.

BALTHIER.

I’ll always be salty Nomura had planned for Laguna, Rufus, Vincent, and freaking Irvine and just cut them all. Why can’t we have nice things?

I don’t actually want all of them now. Maybe Irvine to keep Selphie company on Destiny Islands, but I will always want Laguna in KH. Shouldn’t have ever brought Ansem the Wise back and should have made him the president of Radiant Garden, or like bring back the Mirage Arena and give it the story it was supposed to have?

I guess Rinoa. Why hint at her existence in KH2’s ending but never show her?

Lann and Reynn seemed like obvious choices for KH3 tbh. I don’t get why they bothered with the cross promotion between WoFF and UX but never bothered to do anything in KH3?

Or bringing FF7 characters back into KH3 (not Remind) to be some extra FF7R hype...

I get why Noctis was never in KH3. I think had things not gone the way they did, he probably would have made it in. In fact, I am going to theorize that the reason FF characters got cut from KH3 was because Nomura was still salty about FFXV, so he reasoned nobody would want them in. And that is why it pissed off his staff because they had been working hard on models lol

Soldier

Awards
I wasn't really expecting it but I also really wanted Chocobos. We have Moogles but still no Chocobos. Given all the mini games in KH3 one game involving Chocobos(such as racing or collecting)would have been fun
Well, Chocobos do make it into KH 1, both as a reference in the metal chocobo keychain and a gummi blueprint you can obtain from Pinocchio after you rescue him and Gepetto from monstro by going in and out of the workshop 30 times. But it's not a physical bird.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You know what, I’m going to complain a bit more about WoFF for a second.

In KH3 all of the constellations are WoFF renditions of FF characters. You mean to tell me that they could do that but not have Lann and Reynn pop in for a quick battle?

I wasn't really expecting it but I also really wanted Chocobos. We have Moogles but still no Chocobos. Given all the mini games in KH3 one game involving Chocobos(such as racing or collecting)would have been fun

Chocobos would be so nice. They could even design a really cute KH version. I hate racing mini-games but I love Chocobo Racing xD

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I think the only "new" characters I had expected was Rinoa and someone for Olympus--Lightning was the obvious choice in that case. I guess I sort of expected Noctis to be in 3, too, simply because it was the newest FF out at the time. I didn't really find out about Nomura's bitterness over everything until KH3's release and the fallout (why the FF characters were gone, why Riku's design changed so much, why Yozora even exists, etc.).

As far as what I'd have liked looking at the worlds we did get: I would've loved if Shiva was a "final" boss you have to face to exit Larxene's ice dungeon in Arendelle. Kuja, Kefka, Ultimecia, or Ardyn as a secret boss fight.

D

Deleted member 252753

I didn't/don't have any real expectations for new FF characters appearing. I agree that Lann and Reynn (plus the Tama) would be a great fit for the series.

I think it would be cool if we could fight the Final Fantasy inspired Heartless from UX, at least, the one based on Kefka especially could be an awesome optional boss fight. The ones based on elemental summons could be inserted somewhere into the story pretty easily like Tartarus said with Shiva.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Gilgamesh should've been on the San Fransykyo Bridge. Such a blown opportunity. (Also he should be in FF7R P2)

bobgoesw00t

Awards
Website
bobgoesw00t.tumblr.com
For me, I still would like to see Lightning, Noctis, Ashe, Snow, Noel and just because I of how well they would get along with Sora I have to include Vaan, Hope and Prompto. But HANDS DOWN Lightning needs to be in a game at some point where she and Cloud just kick the everloving crap out of some Heartless :D

2 quid is good

Awards
I think everyone was expecting Lightning and some expected Noctis. I think it's very revisionist to claim that it was obvious that no FF characters would be present because you can look through the posts on this very forum and others, it really wasn't obvious at all.

As for me, what I wanted and what I expected were two different things. I never thought Noctis was really gonna be in the game because *versus*, but Rinoa and Lightning I thought were shoo ins.

And of course, I'll always want my boy Vaan.

horto12485

Awards
There are a Lot of FF Characters that everybody wanted for the Future of Kingdom Hearts here are some that would've been in the Kingdom Hearts 3 and the Future...

Lightning Farron

Vincent Valentine

Zidane

Terra Brandford

Gilgamesh

Noctis

Rinoa

Serah

Kefka

Back