• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Forum Software

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Circle or Square

• Circle

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Square

Votes: 25 78.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Gah, another forum lost to XenForo. =( I always loved vBulletin. Guess I'm old-fashioned. But I don't like XenForo and the fact that minimizing sections never sticks (or is non-existent altogether on this forum), the avatars being slightly blurred, etc.

We loved vB but it was glitching and breaking, and with no support it wasn’t like we could keep adding mods without it breaking more and it just lacked too many modern functions.

Also bots. We had way too many dumb ways of stopping bots that just seemed silly when you look at how modern forums handle them on the backend.

We feel you, though.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I like these posting trophies. I'm huge on Playstation trophies so that's an automatic thing I enjoy about this 😂

Sdog

Awards
There were just too many advances for XenForo over our old vBulletin. That was so old we couldn’t change a single thing without seven things breaking.

But now we can embed tweets, people are notified of replies and quotes, moderators can send messages to people when merging posts instead of posting reminders to not double post etc. Ultimately this change was all for the best. We will miss vBulletin but we are so happy with the change.

Thank the lord for this! I was always missing replies cause sometimes I'd forget where I posted things 😅

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Oh no! Please keep giving your thoughts! It helps us to figure out what needs changing.
In that case.
giphy.gif

*laughs* I actually don't have anything else yet, but when I do I'll make sure to say something!

just paste the video url and it embeds it for you
it'll probably work for your sig too

edit, I tested it out on sigs, it works too, just past the vid url directly and it will automatically embed it
Ah, so it was just that the old way doesn't work anymore.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
WHOA
I haven't been on a xenforo forum in a long time, they've improved so much. I remember when it was just a bab.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Oh wow, this is so exciting. The forums needed a face-lift. Great work!

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Just dropping in to say I appreciate that we are moving forward with the times, even though I feel like Grandpa on his lawn screeching for the old layout. The 'like' system is a superficial modern feature that adds no weight to discussion (and may even stifle it, the opposite reaction you'd want on a MESSAGE board), so I back the decision not to implement it wholeheartedly.

I'm NOT going to miss missing out on any discussions in threads that I happened not to return to and was quoted in, engaged in.

A square frame works best for avas I think as someone who wants to make a spherical icon can easily work within those parameters. Haven't fiddled with anything else yet, so I have no complaints/feedback.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I actually kind of liked the circles, especially if we're all gonna be set to the same size. The thing I don't care for is how your pic gets kind of blurry seemingly no matter what you do, lol.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
This looks amazing! Definitely a lot easier on the eyes, and seems pretty mobile friendly. It’ll take some time to get used to the alert system whenever I pop on here. xD

We don’t have visitor messages anymore! Or I can’t find it on mobile. (I’m okay if that’s gone.) So looks like it’s 100% private messages now.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
How do you get trophy points? And I take it the reaction scores are the likes?

Whoa! It’s cool to see we don’t have to refresh the page to see new posts pop up anymore!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
How do you get trophy points? And I take it the reaction scores are the likes?

Whoa! It’s cool to see we don’t have to refresh the page to see new posts pop up anymore!

I don’t think we are gonna keep trophy points tbh, or rather not in its current iteration. I’m gonna investigate it a bit to see what we can do with it

LostArtist

Awards
Just testing the "new" multi-quote system.
Works, but it's a little hassle that it always jumps down to the end of the page for each one and what about wanting to quote stuff from multiple pages in long discussions?
omg ok so I'm not the only one who collects quotes instead of replying to them right away and then moving to the next one
and look, they already added a multi quote system that doesn't move down! and you can collect from multiple pages

now can y'all put the add multiple quotes next to "post reply" instead of "attach files"
or highlight the insert quotes button

Last edited:

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Quoting seems less intuitive, because I have to press the quote button then embed the quote that I ticked again?

EDIT: nvmd i liek (how it works with multiquote)

I actually kind of liked the circles, especially if we're all gonna be set to the same size. The thing I don't care for is how your pic gets kind of blurry seemingly no matter what you do, lol.

You can always make a circle icon though. Anyone who doesn't want that has to severely decrease their dimensions. People voting for circles are really just voting for less options. Hitlers, the lot of you.

LostArtist

Awards
Quoting seems less intuitive, because I have to press the quote button then embed the quote that I ticked again?
you could just press reply, the other option is if you don't want it to keep moving down after each quote or if you wanna go on a quoting spree across multiple pages

Last edited:
Back