• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Game Plus in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scsigs

So, I posted something similar to this on reddit a few weeks or so ago. New Game Plus. Is anyone else wanting them to put in a NG+ mode similar to FFXV's NG+, where levels stay, perishable items stay, & keyblades stay as well? Previous attempts at NG+ amounted to just some things you've picked up, like the Dream Eater recipes in DDD, or the clothing items in 0.2. I don't know about you guys, but I don't think that's enough. I like when you can carry over levels & perishable items, plus permanent items that aren't story important. Like, if we could instantly go into the game with the Ultima Keyblade &/or leveled up all the way, that'd be the ultimate power fantasy in this game. I mean, think about it. A lot of things you get towards the end of the game, like the Ultima weapon, some perishable items you can't get early on, levels, & whatever, you don't do much with because by the time you get them, the game's over. If they have to do some Dark Souls-type shit by having the enemies be stronger or something out of the gate, I think that'd be a trade-off I'd be fine with.
If they put in a suitable NG+ mode in this game, especially if they bring back that stupid mechanic where you have to play through the game at least once to unlock Critical mode, which I hope they don't, would other people be ok with it? What does everyone think?

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
As long as you can't do a playthrough on Beginner and do a New Game+ on Critical, I don't have a problem with it. I like speedrunning games on New Game+.

Scsigs

As long as you can't do a playthrough on Beginner and do a New Game+ on Critical, I don't have a problem with it. I like speedrunning games on New Game+.
Yeah, I also had that thought that it'd be cool for the speedrunners.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I would be fine with it if they make us play through once to get Critical or something like that, like yea it is nice I guess to get late Keyblades from beating superbosses and being able to use them the whole game, but I would also thus like the difficulty to be higher lol. So I guess I am a little less interested in the power fantasy aspect :p But it does have its merits.

You guys are also right, it could be cool for speed running.

Cakeberry

It would be cool if munny and equipment/perishables stayed, but levels might be a little too OP. Maybe even optional bosses only findable in NG+?Honestly, I just want some form of NG+. Did we even have that in the previous KH games before 0.2?

Speaking of 0.2, if you get to customize clothes in KH3 too, I would definitely want the patterns/accessories I've gotten to carry over.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
For a NG+, I would want mummy, items, accessories, and weapons to carry over. I suppose I would also want anything rank-involved to carry over as well. Maybe Gummi Missions. And obviously the Journal should carry over.

I wouldn’t want levels or abilities that are level-locked to carry over. Anything that isn’t level-locked should carry over, actually.

Scsigs

For a NG+, I would want mummy, items, accessories, and weapons to carry over. I suppose I would also want anything rank-involved to carry over as well. Maybe Gummi Missions. And obviously the Journal should carry over.

I wouldn’t want levels or abilities that are level-locked to carry over. Anything that isn’t level-locked should carry over, actually.
Maybe a compromise should be reached, like giving you the option to customise what carries over rather than having everything included or not. Something like a checklist that you can select what you want to carry over. I think that kind of compromise could be cool & workable.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Yes.
I love fumbling around with different keyblades and the likes as it is, I'd definitely have my fun with more of that.
I don't even need a downside, like if people abuse it, good for them. Doesn't concern me, and obviously a New Game+ Critical would either be banned or have its own spweedrun bracket.

I would be fine with it if they make us play through once to get Critical or something like that

Eh, I wouldn't know about that, not having Critical from the get go on 0.2 triggered many people.
I mean, when you think about it it's kind of an unnecessary gateway.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

giphy.gif

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Doesn't 3D have New Game Plus? So there's precedent in KH now.

I hope it happens. It would be fun if they used the whole Bronze, Silver, and Gold crowns that Sora attains after certain benchmarks like in KH2FM again, and you could re-play the whole game with him wearing a crown throughout cutscenes and everything. That would be cute.

Scsigs

Doesn't 3D have New Game Plus? So there's precedent in KH now.

I hope it happens. It would be fun if they used the whole Bronze, Silver, and Gold crowns that Sora attains after certain benchmarks like in KH2FM again, and you could re-play the whole game with him wearing a crown throughout cutscenes and everything. That would be cute.
Of a sort, but it's only for bringing over Dream Eater recipes. Nothing else,, unfortunately.

Leaferian

Awards
I thought it still brought over your currently created Dream Eaters with their affinity levels?

As for KH3, it would be nice to have a NG+. I would love it if they learned from the 'Tales of' games and have you accrue some kind of points from completing worlds, sidequests, journal objectives, etc. Then, turn around and say "You have X points to spend on things that make the game easier such as carrying over Keyblades or items, or harder such as increasing Heartless health/damage or decreasing experience recieved." That way the people who want NG+ that is more difficult and those who want it to be easier can both get what they want.

Hell, they could even do a play on the FFXII HD system and have you select NG+ or NG- with the former making it easier and the latter making it harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back