• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Genres for Kingdom Hearts to Tackle

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
D

Deleted member 246005

A beat-em up game that could set up a Bouncer crossover. ;)

Namine lends herself to stealth/puzzle-solving. She would be like the lead from Remember Me. ;)

Roxas/Xion attend Balamb Academy and you get a persona style rpg.

Last edited by a moderator:

Keyblade Knight 1st Class

Awards
I don't have any story ideas for future games but I do have ideas for genres that I'd like to see. One of my favorite genres is the classic Metroidvania and I think Kingdom Hearts could work really well in that particular genre. Another that comes to mind is a game developed by Platinum Games ( KH has always been an ARPG but something even more action focused would be awesome). And last but not least, The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem and Persona have all received a Dynasty Warriors spin-off and I think Kingdom Hearts should be next.

Sonofjafar

Awards
What if we had a game that focused on the role playing rather than the action. Perhaps you could be a version of Sora who goes through his adventures doing things differently depending on player choices

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
A full-on Gummi Ship based space shooter adventure, starring Riku, Donald & Goofy. Not necessarily a new genre for KH, but a fully expanded version of the Gummi mechanics from the main games. Multiple action courses in the same vein as Star Fox, with boss battles and courses that take you near Disney worlds from the series past. Now instead of just flying through space, you can fly through the night skies above Arendelle, or over Agrabah with fireworks, or around the rising falls and castle in Radiant Garden.

Other characters and ships could be unlocked and built, and you could have climactic boss battles against villains who have recently attained the ability to use gummi ships in lieu of dark portals, like Captain Hook, Oogie Boogie, and any other recurring foes from the past. There could be tons of mid-flight dialogue between characters over radio, just like in Star Fox.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
A full-fledged racing game, a la Crash Team Racing--with much better controls and tracks than that horrid BbS side quest in Disney Town, I mean. A fighting dissidia-esque game, too. For either one of those, I admit I'd prefer majority-Disney rosters to choose from, with maybe some of the more popular original characters. Sora of course, Riku, Axel, Aqua, Roxas, Xehanort... No more than those though (for that matter, I'd be fine with just Sora being the only original character, tbh).

I've always wanted a Command Board game. I guess its "genre" would be the same one these board game-style games you can play PlayStation or computer versions of belong in. They could have a board for every world in the series (including the original ones), with tournaments of 5 or 7 random stages. Perhaps one huge stage that includes 5 or more of the major Disney characters Sora regularly deals with (Peter Pan, Ariel, Aladdin, Beast, etc.)--the ones that fly with him in the Melody of Memory credits, for example. A Castle Oblivion board that is massive and super-convoluted or that has multiple "floors" where you're versus Marluxia and Larxene would be so fun. Or a KH3 Keyblade Graveyard with all of the 13 v. 7 roster included. A Dark realm board with Sora, Riku, Mickey, and Dark Aqua. The speed and movement for turns would be much faster though (or you'd be able to toggle the speed in menu). Perhaps also have an addition of characters being able to transform and speed faster along the board a couple of turns--say, Sora changing into various Drive Forms.

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards
A full-on Gummi Ship based space shooter adventure, starring Riku, Donald & Goofy. Not necessarily a new genre for KH, but a fully expanded version of the Gummi mechanics from the main games. Multiple action courses in the same vein as Star Fox, with boss battles and courses that take you near Disney worlds from the series past. Now instead of just flying through space, you can fly through the night skies above Arendelle, or over Agrabah with fireworks, or around the rising falls and castle in Radiant Garden.

Other characters and ships could be unlocked and built, and you could have climactic boss battles against villains who have recently attained the ability to use gummi ships in lieu of dark portals, like Captain Hook, Oogie Boogie, and any other recurring foes from the past. There could be tons of mid-flight dialogue between characters over radio, just like in Star Fox.
Okay so I just want to flesh this out a little bit, I would envision this game as being a fully fledged gummi ship exploration/shooter game, where the protagonists (I think there should be 4, 1 disney characters, 1 Square character and 2 OC's, but it's not a solid thing). I think all the protagonists should be people who lost their worlds during/before KH1, perhaps around the same time RG fell, so they've all been together for quite some time.

Generally speaking, this wouldn't be a game to advance the plot, rather a game to explore the world of KH. I'd rather it be character driven, perhaps one character finds his world never was restored, another realises they're happier with their crew than a world he doesn't recognise anymore etc etc I haven't fleshed it out too much but essentially each character would have their own arc that would be resolved over the course of the game. I think this would be a good game to let more minor characters have some time to shine, like perhaps Kytes from FF12 as an MC, and I think Bernard from the Rescuers would be a good fit here.

A lot of the locations would be space or ship centered, and I think it would be a good chance to include a lot of iconic FF airships, as well as Disney ones.

I just think it would be neat to have these misfits travel the world trying to find their homes and running into maybe the Tantalus group, or even Captain Hook who's inadvertently found himself flying through space, even though I envision most of the actual gameplay to be gummi ship style (in the vein of KH3) there would be plenty of options to board other ships/explore worlds and in those instances I would have a basic command menu style implemented (seeing as melee combat isn't the focus, I don't think we need all the bells and whistles, just tight, basic combos and spells/summons).

Anyway, it's the least likeliest idea to happen but I think it would be super interesting
Just piggybacking off of Launchpad's post with my previous idea, I just really think KH space stuff could be cool, and we might FINALLY get a Treasure Planet appearance

PikaPal

Awards
WarioWare style mini game compilation where a challenge is being held for a new Keyblade master and the only way to win is to play a series of incredibly short micro games based on various events and moments in the series.

Keyblade Knight 1st Class

Awards
Soulsborne Hearts (Dark Hearts?)
You wake up in the Realm of Darkness with no memory of who you are or how you got there. The only thing you do know is that the weapon in your hand is called a Keyblade. Surrounded by Heartless (much stronger versions since they're in their natural habitat) you struggle to survive and start to lose hope until you reach Sanctum, a safe haven created by others that are trapped in the dark realm that also serves as your hub. It's here where you learn that in order to return to the light you must defeat Guardian Heartless, extremely powerful beings that are scattered across the Realm of Darkness. As you set out on your journey, you find the Keyblades of wielders who tried and failed before you. Each Keyblade still emanates enough light for your heart to retreat to when you're defeated (much like the bonfires in Dark Souls) as well as granting you a new keychain. With each Guardian Heartless you defeat the darkness holding the portal closed weakens and a memory is restored to you, giving you access to a new ability and getting you one step closer to the light. But remember "The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes". And when faced with your own darkness, will you prevail, or will it consume you?

OrionGold

Awards
A light-gun rail shooter where you face off against Heartless using blasters designed to destroy them. Villain mooks from various Disney movies can also be enemies you can shoot. Most levels are based on Disney world with a few original thrown in and each of them ends in a boss fights against a large Heartless or a villain that range from Disney to Final Fantasy and original. As light-gun real shooter is two-player co-op.

Back