• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New information on Kingdom Hearts X[chi] Back Cover & 0.2 Birth By Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue was just announced a few hours ago during the pre-Tokyo Game Show SCEJA Press Conference 2015, and slowly but surely new information about the title is coming out from Square Enix. Square Enix Japan's latest news release gives a bit more information on the stories of Kingdom Hearts χ [chi] Back Cover & Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage –.

You can view the summaries below thanks to Zephyr

KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi] Back Cover
[...]It is a full story about the mystery of the Foretellers happening on the other side of the PC Browser/Smartphone games KINGDOM HEARTS Chi & Unchained Chi that is being recorded as a fully HD video work. It is an important story that expands on the future of the KINGDOM HEARTS series. 

KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage –
[...]Immediately after KH3D, as Sora prepares for the final battle, the King confesses a lot of things that were kept secret. It is the subsequent story of one person named Aqua left behind in the Realm of Darkness that is finally told.

Source: Square Enix Japan News Release site

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Re: New information on Kingdom Hearts X[chi] Back Cover & 0.2 Birth By Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage

Sounds like Back Cover is a new story and not just a χ[chi] movie.

I wonder what 0.2​ will reveal.

Anagram

Banned
Re: New information on Kingdom Hearts X[chi] Back Cover & 0.2 Birth By Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage

I now wonder if I should bother trying chi in the phone when it's English version gets here.
So BBSv2 is Mickey recounting the dark realm? Interesting.

Muke

whatever
Awards

Huh. If I understand that right, King Mickey will tell Sora the story of Aqua, which we will play through?
Like, you know. If in a TV Show someone thinks of something, there's this kinda flashback.

Is it gonna be like that?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Hmm, so could it be that the playable version of Chi tells about the events trough the players eyes, and X Back Cover focus more on what the Foretellers are doing?

BBS 0.2 new info is also interesting. But it sounds like it will only focus on Aquas time on the RoD, and we might not see the other scenes that were shown in the teaser of BBS Vol II. Oh well, I don`t really mind. More Aqau in the RoD is such a treat that I don`t really wanna complain about small details like that. :)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Oh man, the Chi movie sounds amazing. So stoked.

And, if memory serves, BBS Vol 2 was also supposed to account for Riku and Mickey's time in the Realm of Darkness post-KH1. If the game is a flashback initiated by Mickey telling the story, then he could also account for that information as well. Makes perfect sense. Oh God, this game is going to be incredible.

Awards

So it looks like the only story they;re keeping from fragmentary passage is of Aqua in the dark realm. I'm sure if Mickey has such a big story to tell about why he knows she's there and yet didn't save her, it'll be something interesting. Maybe she had to sacrifice her escape to let him get the Kingdom Key D or get to Castle Oblivion or something of that nature, and he vowed to return for her one day.

And just like I had hoped, KHX cutscenes will make an appearance. I wonder how they'll make the animation look. More in line with regular KH games? More cartoony and simple like KHX to keep up a storybook feeling?

But... I really am sad that it seems we'll never know what Kairi was doing with HOP at the mansion. And KH3D has about 4 seconds of Kairi. This is incentive to get a PS4 that I would need for KH3, but it feels a bit bittersweet.

I'll probably get KHX for android still, if it will hurry up and be localized since that's what it was made for.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

About time Mickey finally says something about TAV :\

So many things could have been easily avoided if he just did it earlier lol

sdr08

I guess I need to play Chi when it comes out worldwide.

I'm excited about .02. wonder how long it will actually be? This is also the first time we could be seeing everyone in PS4 graphics

Emperor

Oh man, the Chi movie sounds amazing. So stoked.

And, if memory serves, BBS Vol 2 was also supposed to account for Riku and Mickey's time in the Realm of Darkness post-KH1. If the game is a flashback initiated by Mickey telling the story, then he could also account for that information as well. Makes perfect sense. Oh God, this game is going to be incredible.

If that does happen, that would mean Mickey would more-or-less make an appearance as a playable character alongside Aqua, right? That would be cool. It would follow the BBS style rotation of characters, only Mickey's story would act as the Aqua of the game.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

The Hype just keep growing, less then a year left (hopefully)

Venx

A game about mickey telling storys? Great, I can't wait for "Re:Kingdom Hearts - Mickey actually wanted to help sora, but was busy doing stuff until Ansem was defeated". Long name, tho.

OZ mind

from what I read in the trailer and seen in the game I thing that the story of unchained key / chi is from our half of the story and the event that happen to us .
and KH X back cover is the story of the Foretellers when they are away from us , you can even see in the trailer what I think each one of the talking

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards

from what I read in the trailer and seen in the game I thing that the story of unchained key / chi is from our half of the story and the event that happen to us .
and KH X back cover is the story of the Foretellers when they are away from us , you can even see in the trailer what I think each one of the talking
That could be very well the case since [chi] doesn't have a canon protagonist.

Hakan Xatos

Awards

About time Mickey finally says something about TAV :\

So many things could have been easily avoided if he just did it earlier lol

Some-memes-part2-kingdom-hearts-and-final-fantasy-32847130-500-373.jpg

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

My dreams... ;~;

they are coming true

AirbagVII

Awards

Does anyone have the png file for the KH Dream Drop Distance HD logo (or at least a Large size and good quality file)?

I can't find it anywhere... :(

Anagram

Banned

Does this make Chi on computer or phone skippable now?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Does anyone have the png file for the KH Dream Drop Distance HD logo (or at least a Large size and good quality file)?

I can't find it anywhere... :(

I got you: http://forums.khinsider.com/future-...chapter-prologue-announced-6.html#post6307609

Does this make Chi on computer or phone skippable now?

This seems to be a sort of prologue of sorts to X, so I'm not sure if it would make it skippable or just give you the side of the lore you need to know for III.

Moogy

How in the world is this gonna be good for the series?
I didnt think that time would come but since DDD came out and now the HD version with this added nonsense with it, i will not be playing those games anymore.
I might try it but definetly not pay for this.

Why wasnt that extra BbS episode including in 2.5 ?
Why 2.8 ? Why make the storyline suddenly so dull and confusing ?
DDD was horrible in terms of storyline and certain class this franchise has always had.

In my opinion i think they've completely lost it and i am quite angry about not being able to enjoy KH or any games from Square anymore unless it spontaneously pops up randomly like when PS1 FF era ended and KH began, Tomb Raider 2012 and few exceptions like that,Tomb Raider was great until they only wanna release for Xbox, just to continue being annoying in almost every way.
Its like this company is on crack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back