• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Screenshots Show Off Unreal Engine 4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I also figure there's really not much that can be done to make this look "good."
Keep it looking like the older games, people will be mad.
Change it to something updated and different, and people will be mad.
Make it look kinda stylized and less textured like the old and people hate it.
Give it tons of detail and texture and suddenly it's too realistic.

Me, I care about as much as this guy

4kBrZ43.jpg

when it comes to high-quality graphics. I grew up with Pokemon as my gold standard and I was impressed by Re:Coded. So yeah. Bring it on. Take my munny already, this looks beautiful.

Then again, not everyone is low-standard fandom trash like meee~
Im low-standard fandom trash. In fact I barely have standards.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
hoslty i dont care for graphics at all i care for mostly the story and gameplay and that it and those grapics were fin for me

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Im low-standard fandom trash. In fact I barely have standards.
hoslty i dont care for graphics at all i care for mostly the story and gameplay and that it and those grapics were fin for me
We should make idgaf!Coaty our mascot. :D

Aaaanyways, on an unrelated note, does anyone feel much more suspicious of Aced now? Every time there's a scene with "conflict" in it, he's always up in there, front and center, usually as an active participant. Pissing off Ira, seeming to strike down Gula (and it felt like Aced was threatening him, despite Gula being the one with the drawn weapon), dueling Ivy... He seems to be quite the troublemaker.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
We should make idgaf!Coaty our mascot. :D

Aaaanyways, on an unrelated note, does anyone feel much more suspicious of Aced now? Every time there's a scene with "conflict" in it, he's always up in there, front and center, usually as an active participant. Pissing off Ira, seeming to strike down Gula (and it felt like Aced was threatening him, despite Gula being the one with the drawn weapon), dueling Ivy... He seems to be quite the troublemaker.

Honestly, I believe that Gula is nothing more than a Red Herring. He's essentially like a Dexter: wiping out fellow Foreteller's to cancel out the traitor. I think he's doing this out of fear as opposed to being suspicious. The guy is so adamant in hunting down the traitor to the extent that he's willing to defy The Master of Masters to keep Daybreak Town safe. I'm hinging my bets on Master Ira being the traitor. He seem to be the most informed out of the bunch in the trailer and is most dependent on conversing with the Organization cloak character (at least with what we've seen from the trailers), plus, why is the pupils of his mask red?

Edit: In this response, I meant Master Aced (Ursus) not Master Gula (Leopardos).

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Honestly, I believe that Gula is nothing more than a Red Herring. He's essentially like a Dexter: wiping out fellow Foreteller's to cancel out the traitor. I think he's doing this out of fear as opposed to being suspicious. The guy is so adamant in hunting down the traitor to the extent that he's willing to defy The Master of Masters to keep Daybreak Town safe. I'm hinging my bets on Master Ira being the traitor. He seem to be the most informed out of the bunch in the trailer and is most dependent on conversing with the Organization cloak character (at least with what we've seen from the trailers), plus, why is the pupils of his mask red?
Uh? Gula didn't do much besides confront Aced (and promptly get wiped out) and kinda lurk near Ava.

It's true that Ira is the only one we've seen conversing with Coaty, but that happens only once. Aced being in the middle of trouble, though? Three times in a single brief trailer.
As for the eyes... red often = anger. Kinda goes with the theme, y'know? While we're at it, let's ask why everyone else's masks have golden eyes.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I just got home and me my brother watched the trailer. I was like, "HOLY SHH*****TTTT!!! DIDDLY YESSSSSS!!!!!!!! THANK YOUUUU NOMURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

I completely agree with you here. We were actually having a discussion about mysterious characters in the writing section of the forum yesterday, and the key is to not make your mysterious character so obvious. There is no way that they made it so obvious in the trailer that Gula is the traitor, when in fact nobody outside of the developers know yet. He's so bent on eradicating everyone else, that I too doubt it is him. I support the Ira theory as of now, too. There are a lot of smaller hints there that you mentioned that could potentially indicate it in a less obvious way as Gula. Granted, it is all just speculation and guessing, as it could be literally any one of them. We don't truly have enough clues to make a perfectly educated guess anyway.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Uh? Gula didn't do much besides confront Aced (and promptly get wiped out) and kinda lurk near Ava.

It's true that Ira is the only one we've seen conversing with Coaty, but that happens only once. Aced being in the middle of trouble, though? Three times in a single brief trailer.
As for the eyes... red often = anger. Kinda goes with the theme, y'know? While we're at it, let's ask why Aced's mask has yellow eyes.

This is what I meant with Master Ira's pupils. Why is he the only Foreteller to have his pupils changed? it's so subtle it's suspicious. And as far as Master Aced goes, him being in trouble three times in the trailer is an ideal red herring situation. It wouldn't be much of a mystery if the true traitor was that obvious.

But again, I am judging this on this particular trailer. If another trailer comes and diversifies the character dynamics with each Foreteller then maybe I'll change my mind, but for now, Master Ira seems most suspicious.

Edit: In my inital response, I meant Master Aced (Ursus) not Master Gula.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

This is what I meant with Master Ira's pupils. Why is he the only Foreteller to have his pupils changed? it's so subtle it's suspicious. And as far as Master Aced goes, him being in trouble three times in the trailer is an ideal red herring situation. It wouldn't be much of a mystery if the true traitor was that obvious.

But again, I am judging this on this particular trailer. If another trailer comes and diversifies the character dynamics with each Foreteller then maybe I'll change my mind, but for now, Master Ira seems most suspicious.

Ohh, I see what you mean now. I forgot that Ira had golden eyes in KHX and UX before... hm, that does raise some questions. Small details like eye color are rarely arbitrary in KH.

I'm still going with the old hypothesis that there is NO traitor and this is all one big self-fulfilling prophecy, helped along by the Coaty duo, though.

radiantmemories

So excited for this. I agree about the lighting though. People can be very excited but still be disappointed about a certain things. People can feel more than one thing at once, you know. Noting the plastic-y look doesn't mean that we aren't still extremely hyped overall. It's just that we got something different than expected. People will definitely comment on that.

Anyways, what they showed before was a painted aesthetic. That seems to be still what they are aiming for in KH 3, so I don't think we should get worried. You can see that that asthetic was kept in this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7iO5SVlBpxI (I don't agree with most of what the guy says, except for that part where Sora's hair is very shiny at several points (I think round 1:19 in the original trailer), but it shows the differences very well.). The lighting in general just seems really off compared to what has been shown of KH 3, but as long as that isn't going to be the final look, I'm happy. They've made a lot of progress.

And what I'm excited about, since I do want to keep up the hype, and there is a lot to be excited over: The backgrounds are absolutely amazing. The clouds and stuff makes them look like an actual sky. I was very thoroughly impressed. And the twisted landscape in Aqua's scene was really neat. Those chunks hanging in the air created a cool atmosphere. And the particle effects! Beautiful. That ice spell... I also like how they brought that shadow cloud into the game. I was disappointed when it was said to be just a concept trailer, so to actually be able to fight it is both completely unexpected and a dream come true. The mechanics in that fight look really neat. They appear to have put a lot of thought into them. And Terra! He's not at all high on the list of characters I was expecting to see. I wonder what form he'll appear in. Back Cover was my favorite part, suprisingly. The lighting is still funky, but it's less noticeable. And everything else was utterly amazing. The black coat guy (he's holding a dandelion, yikes, but we know it isn't Ephermera because he has a different voice), seeing everyone in 3d, hearing everyone voiced for the first time, the plot, Ava!!!!!! and Ephermera!!!!!!, the backgrounds, the lines (dialogue seems really, really good this time), and just everything! I'm very excited, in case you couldn't tell. :b

Also, Aqua sounds like she's close to hitting her breaking point. :( And the black coat guy reminds me of Demyx for sone reason. Idk why. The Foretellers sound much younger than I expected. Ava sounds Ephermera's age, for example. I wonder if that is actually the case or it's just a Japanese thing.

Edit: wow the thread advanced far while I was typing.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Ohh, I see what you mean now. I forgot that Ira had golden eyes in KHX and UX before... hm, that does raise some questions. Small details like eye color are rarely arbitrary in KH.

I'm still going with the old hypothesis that there is NO traitor and this is all one big self-fulfilling prophecy, helped along by the Coaty duo, though.
if it two people or a person with mulptipe hearts

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

This is actually funny, because when I quoted you I made the SAME EXACT mistake when referring to Aced. Whoops.

I just got home and me my brother watched the trailer. I was like, "HOLY SHH*****TTTT!!! DIDDLY YESSSSSS!!!!!!!! THANK YOUUUU NOMURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Same reaction when I first saw it. It was totally rad, and I've watched it countless times since my first viewing this morning.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm just wondering what normal Terra was doing in the realm of darkness? Maybe so much time has passed for her that he's already been recovered and he's saving her, but I feel like them meeting whould have been for dramatic if that was the case
They just want us to think Terra is in the Realm of Darkness, but it's actually Terra's pants.

Don't crush my dreams.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
This is what I meant with Master Ira's pupils. Why is he the only Foreteller to have his pupils changed?
The eyes on Invi's mask also go from yellow to greenish.
At this point I still think it could be a design decision based on ruby on Ira's mask and the fact that all the gold clashes with the yellow eyes too.

Maybe he really is the traitor, maybe he isn't, I still think they are all set up.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The eyes on Invi's mask also go from yellow to greenish.
At this point I still think it could be a design decision based on ruby on Ira's mask and the fact that all the gold clashes with the yellow eyes too.

Maybe he really is the traitor, maybe he isn't, I still think they are all set up.

Master Gula's design is primarily yellow and I don't see any clashes so I personally think it's intentional rather than technical.

Of course, I'm not doubting the influence that the people in the Organization cloaks have with the chain of events, I just feel as though one of the five is setting themselves out to be a traitor. Who exactly was it that said there was a traitor in the first place? was it the Book of Prophecies or the Master of Masters? I always get confused as to who spoke of the traitor in the first place.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Master Gula's design is primarily yellow and I don't see any clashes so I personally think it's intentional rather than technical.

Of course, I'm not doubting the influence that the people in the Organization cloaks have with the chain of events, I just feel as though one of the five is setting themselves out to be a traitor. Who exactly was it that said there was a traitor in the first place? was it the Book of Prophecies or the Master of Masters? I always get confused as to who spoke of the traitor in the first place.
What about Ava, though? Her mask still has golden eyes, but her color scheme is mostly pink.

... I gotta say though, after letting it sink in after a while, those 3D, HD models of the Foretellers' Keyblades are looking gooooooooooood~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back