• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind DLC trailer, Release Dates Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
God damn Kairi is kicking Xehanort's ass. I have to wonder how much better she would have done if Xemnas didn't catch her off guard?
I'm calling her attack the Kairi Pink Meteors until a proper name is given to it. And even then I'll still call it that, lol.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So why is Namine on Riku station of awakening? Is that due to Repliku or something else?

It's the same artwork from those stained glass clocks released a few years ago. This one is for CoM Riku, so it has characters relevant to Reverse/Rebirth. They probably just repurposed it simply because it was already available.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
So why is Namine on Riku station of awakening? Is that due to Repliku or something else?
Ya know what? Screw it. If they can bring Repliku back at this point, I won't bat an eye. Litterally nothing could catch me more off guard than what we already saw in this trailer.

Any

Awards
Can Dark Inferno...possibly be Ephemer?

909524A9-9DB4-4804-8F97-4997F72DB6C2.jpeg

67077C24-F9AA-43DC-99FB-175EB19F28B3.jpeg

DI was in Ven’s heart/darkness after all...

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Exactly. Everyone stayed back to "keep KH closed", but again, Xehanort took control of it during the final fight anyway and nearly wiped out everything right there! What was the point of the GoL being absent at all if it changed literally nothing?

All that said, it STILL doesn't make sense for the Guardians to be fighting the Xehanort Replicas, because Sora was already fighting all twelve of them at the time (and we know there were only twelve more, thanks to the reports), and after he did, Xehanort absorbed them all. There was no chance for GoL to fight. Similarly, the Kairi fight is weird, because if she's already met up with Sora in the Final World, then it must be post game, right? So how is she fighting another Xehanort?

It seems to be that Re:Mind is about Sora traveling back in time to prevent Kairi from dying. So once he does that, he and Kairi probably have to fight MX since he isn’t defeated yet in this timeline. Which is also why the Guardians are able to fight the Replicas since they wouldn’t have joined with MX yet.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It seems to be that Re:Mind is about Sora traveling back in time to prevent Kairi from dying. So once he does that, he and Kairi probably have to fight MX since he isn’t defeated yet in this timeline. Which is also why the Guardians are able to fight the Replicas since they wouldn’t have joined with MX yet.
This all leads me to wonder what Donald and Goofy are doing in all of this? We dont see them fighting the Replica or Xehanort with Sora and Kairi

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Okay, before we go any further, can someone PLEASE direct to me to the shot in which Ven is emanating darkness? Cause I'm apparently still missing it, lol.

I guess this is where the whole "worldlines" thing comes into play. Oh boy, is that just a convoluted mess waiting to happen.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Okay, before we go any further, can someone PLEASE direct to me to the shot in which Ven is emanating darkness? Cause I'm apparently still missing it, lol.
It’s right after the radiant garden scene at the start. It’s his station of awakening that has darkness all over it.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
It’s right after the radiant garden scene at the start. It’s his station of awakening that has darkness all over it.
Gotcha, thanks. I see it now. Based on that quick shot, and the follow scene, I'm guessing Sora will be delving into everyone's hearts during the KG segment, but... Why? Are they trying to make Sora's death more weighty? Because before, all he had to do was battle with the Liche, and YX didn't mention Sora taking in everyone's pain as being part of his downfall... at all (unless it's yet another instance of worldline mumbo jumbo...).

Last edited:

cakito123

Awards
It is confirmed:
I need to play all games again so I can play this AT THE RELEASE DATE AND DIE

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Gotcha, thanks. I see it now. Based on that quick shot, and the follow scene, I'm guessing Sora will be delving into everyone's hearts during the KG segment, but... Why? Are they trying to make Sora's death more wrighty? Because before, all he had to do was battle with the Liche, and YX didn't mention Sora taking in everyone's pain as being part of his downfall... at all (unless it's yet another instance of worldline mumbo jumbo...).

I saw this on Twitter. I guess it was on the video description or something, but take it with a grain of salt in case it’s fake. But if it’s real, it explains (kind of) what’s going on.
AE6D87B8-8281-4C2C-A6C0-DD48DBEB4CEB.jpeg

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I have a feeling Demyx is going to tell Riku whatever secret he is hiding. Possibly his actual identity as a a certain "you know who"

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
I saw this on Twitter. I guess it was on the video description or something, but take it with a grain of salt in case it’s fake. But if it’s real, it explains (kind of) what’s going on.
View attachment 12050
Wha--.... Oooooh, now I get it. That actually makes everything click into place quite clearly. From a narrative standpoint, they're planning on expanding the fights between the GoL and SoD that Sora wasn't present for by having him go back and spectate them from the final world (minus Riku's fight, though he might just be watching a replay). He'd be acting as the audience surrogate for expositional scenes we didn't get to see originally, like the one with Lea, Kairi, Xemnas, and Xion from the last trailer (which likely explains Xion's "return").

From a gameplay standpoint, Sora would likely be going to different battle gates in the FW, and you could select the added battles from there. Or alternatively, he's going to everyone's dive to heart, and delving into their memories, perhaps? Either way, based on his line about tracing the links between hearts, I'm guessing Sora going back and looking at all these events is essentially what's gonna lead him to finding Kairi, only for Xehanort to attack them one final time. Which would also explain this:

ezgif-6-3d3b8fcf60d6.gif
Notice how Sora's a party member. This is definitely post game. Though, I'm shocked that Kairi's playable here even though Sora's present (but they gotta answer those fan complaints, which really seems to be the driving factor behind certain decisions I'm seeing).

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Notice how Sora's a party member. This is definitely post game. Though, I'm shocked that Kairi's playable here even though Sora's present (but they gotta answer those fan complaints, which really seems to be the driving factor behind certain decisions I'm seeing).
It's fanservice, the DLC. Outside of the FF characters, nothing here is especially surprising. Nomura found a convoluted route to deliver on the all the material that ought to have been in base KH3; fundamentally, its problems as a narrative are still (likely) the same.

In fact, I'd wager that beyond the hype factor, this addition will make the storytelling feel even less coherent, because it draws on the worldlines fuckery that is just an absolute migraine to navigate.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
OMGGG they listened! They listened to the fans!!!

I don't remember the last time I got so happy with a KH trailer! It's fantastic from the beginning to end. My jaw was dropped the entire time.

I knew Nomura sooner or later would reuse that KH1 quote, but never I imagined I would hear Sora and Yozora saying it at the same time!!

Fans have been asking for Final Fantasy characters, playable Kairi and other guardians of light, explorable Scala ad Caelum, Oathkeeper and Oblivion, Organization XIII Data battles...and they are about to give us all of that in a single DLC pack.

It won't solve all the problems KH3 has, but it sure will elevate it a lot.
It's good to see them address most of our problems. This is how you win back fans' trust.

Congratulations Square-Enix, I'm impressed!

Last edited:
Back