• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind DLC trailer, Release Dates Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

hlc1988

Awards
I'm going to guess that for all the new content to unlock you'll have to play the game from the beginning, right? I'm halfway through trying to 100% KH3... does this mean I'll have to start again? Because if so I'll just stop my walkthrough now and wait for the new DLC release...

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm going to guess that for all the new content to unlock you'll have to play the game from the beginning, right? I'm halfway through trying to 100% KH3... does this mean I'll have to start again? Because if so I'll just stop my walkthrough now and wait for the new DLC release...
So far it looks like everything we've seen in the Re:Mind DLC is it's own thing. There's been no word on the base game having any affect on what's available.

Awards
This trailer has got megzfy1bez4t311.png
Every damn thing I wanted was in this trailer. I have no other words.

Also, who wants to bet that we aren't just getting a Data XIII, but a Data XV? Vexen and Demyx getting data fights by virtue of just being members.

mriku90

Awards
So it looks like Kairi is fighting Xehanort final form, I wonder if in the final fight it's Kairi and Sora vs Xehanort that would def be redemption for Kairi.

Also I think it needs to be said again, there is never going to be a KH game without Disney. Disney owns KH and everything in it including Sora and all OC's. And yes that now includes Yozora as well.

Disney is never going to stop being a massive part of Kingdom Hearts. We'll always be going to Disney Worlds no matter what, this is overall a Disney game.

Unless you don't want anymore KH titles, cause Disney will not greenlight a KH game without Disney in it. period.

mriku90

Awards
Do you guys think Nomura making Kairi finally playable and all the buzz is going to show them that Kairi needs to be a playable character from the beginning in the next Kingdom Hearts title? I really do hope that is the case.

GreyouTT

Awards
Do you guys think Nomura making Kairi finally playable and all the buzz is going to show them that Kairi needs to be a playable character from the beginning in the next Kingdom Hearts title? I really do hope that is the case.

I think the next game is gonna be like DDD where it's just Riku and Sora.

mriku90

Awards
I think the next game is gonna be like DDD where it's just Riku and Sora.

I hope Kairi gets included. After this and showing her skills and the big positive buzz she should play just as a big a part in getting Sora back.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I could see Kairi as playable for one or two segments in the Realm of Light next game. The only way I see her as fully playable is if she somehow ends up in Tokyo with Sora and Riku

Neo_

Awards
Disney worlds and characters were never a selling point for any Final Mix edition. Also, the Kingdom Hearts original characters are owned by Disney anyway so I fail to see the point of this response.
Is Re:Mind "Final Mix"? Why didn't they just call it that then?

darknessofheart

Awards
Looks awesome. It really feels like the culmination of everything that's happened in the series now that all characters are playable to some degree or at least have more time to shine.

It seems Nomura is certainly aware of the complaints of the base game and, while this doesn't fix the writing itself, I really have to commend him if this DLC turns out as good as the trailers are. I have a wait and see attitude right now, but it's looking great.

Having a DLC purely focused on the core mythology and characters is a selling point in itself.

Last thoughts:
  • The battle in the sky between the guardians and replica Xehanorts reminds me of the box art for KH2 Final Mix.
  • More Terra-Xehanort is awesome as he is my personal favorite Xehanort. He's just so freakin depraved and evil and I would love to see his demise again.
  • It truly seems like Xigbar's core character is more serious toned. The reports said he is simply acting like a fool, but we are seeing more glimpses of his true personality now in some of these scenes.
  • Looks like Nomura is trying to give more context for why Aqua gave up at the glimpse of the heartless tornado. It seems like a retcon, but better than nothing I suppose.
  • The ending shot of Sora and Yozora makes me think the MoM is assembling exceptionally talented individuals throughout different worldlines to take down a looming threat in the future. A future he himself does not know yet and Luxu's other mission was to test some of these individuals (Xigbar's final line in battle was "This is your true power" or something to that effect, perhaps indicating that Sora has finally proven himself to his eyes).
  • With Kingdom Hearts X finally revealing a lot of information, I think this will finally properly close off the saga and set the stage for the next one.
  • Wishlist: I want Leon to insist on being called Squall now. He's restored his world now and the enemy who destroyed it is finally gone. That would be a great way to end his story arc, at least for this saga. Riku: "Hey Leon." Leon: "That's Squall."

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Looks awesome. It really feels like the culmination of everything that's happened in the series now that all characters are playable to some degree or at least have more time to shine.

It seems Nomura is certainly aware of the complaints of the base game and, while this doesn't fix the writing itself, I really have to commend him if this DLC turns out as good as the trailers are. I have a wait and see attitude right now, but it's looking great.

Having a DLC purely focused on the core mythology and characters is a selling point in itself.

Last thoughts:
  • The battle in the sky between the guardians and replica Xehanorts reminds me of the box art for KH2 Final Mix.
  • More Terra-Xehanort is awesome as he is my personal favorite Xehanort. He's just so freakin depraved and evil and I would love to see his demise again.
  • It truly seems like Xigbar's core character is more serious toned. The reports said he is simply acting like a fool, but we are seeing more glimpses of his true personality now in some of these scenes.
  • Looks like Nomura is trying to give more context for why Aqua gave up at the glimpse of the heartless tornado. It seems like a retcon, but better than nothing I suppose.
  • The ending shot of Sora and Yozora makes me think the MoM is assembling exceptionally talented individuals throughout different worldlines to take down a looming threat in the future. A future he himself does not know yet and Luxu's other mission was to test some of these individuals (Xigbar's final line in battle was "This is your true power" or something to that effect, perhaps indicating that Sora has finally proven himself to his eyes).
  • With Kingdom Hearts X finally revealing a lot of information, I think this will finally properly close off the saga and set the stage for the next one.
  • Wishlist: I want Leon to insist on being called Squall now. He's restored his world now and the enemy who destroyed it is finally gone. That would be a great way to end his story arc, at least for this saga. Riku: "Hey Leon." Leon: "That's Squall."

The bolded is what I totally believe as well. I don't think he's evil. I think he's a god or what have you.

darknessofheart

Awards
The bolded is what I totally believe as well. I don't think he's evil. I think he's a god or what have you.
Yeah, I agree. Part of it is that I truly don't want him to be evil and he just doesn't really fit that role in my opinion. I think his personality is to deal with what's he's been through and the enormous tasks he has ahead of him. The way he's described as "mischievous" implies he's right in that grey area. I think there's something far worse coming; something so bad that his manipulations were necessary and justified.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Last thoughts:
So Xigbar would have been a good guy this entire time? Not sure if I would like that to be honest. He did some pretty henious things throughout his life

darknessofheart

Awards
So Xigbar would have been a good guy this entire time? Not sure if I would like that to be honest. He did some pretty henious things throughout his life

I would never classify him as a good guy, but I think there has to be a reason for the things he has done beyond just following his master. The Fotellers were all trying to save the world and they thought their roles facilitated in that. Luxu is a lone wolf who understood the MoM better than all of them, so I think he knows (or at least thinks) all the chaos is going towards the greater good.

If there's a greater threat coming up, I think he would feel justified in what he had to do to assemble the new chosen to stand against that threat. He did spare Subject X from Xehanort's experiments, so I think there's something to this concept. Also, I'm curious how much effect Xehanort's heart has on him. Perhaps Luxu has been battling Xehanort's influence to carry out his mission; similar to Saix. Perhaps it was Xehanort's influence that guided him to mentor the apprentice Xehanort and carry out the experiments and his other horrible deeds, but Luxu was still able to fight through to accomplish the missions handed down by his true master.

Last edited:

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I think KH works best when it's a nice blend of original characters, Disney worlds/characters, and Final Fantasy AU characters. I don't know what he was thinking cutting off a piece of this trinity, but it's really cool that he's adding it in after the fact.

Btw, the only FF games I've ever played are X and X-2. I have no external attachment to the FF characters EXCEPT their role in Kingdom Hearts. I know the bare minimum about their real characters. When i see Squall in other games, I call him Leon.

To me, they ARE Kingdom Hearts characters. They're Sora friends. His found family kinda, just like Donald and Goofy. I loved parts in KH1 and KH2 where they'd be involved with the main plot or treat Sora like their rambunctious little brother. It is still so cute to me that Sora walked into Cid's shop all lost, they called each other names, and then Cid was like, "Well, I'll look after you if you can't find what you're looking for." How cute is that. Or Leon's angsty goodbye dialogue to Sora, and then Sora later making fun of him in KH2 with Yuffie. Cloud being the weird awkward uncle that confuses Sora almost every time they talk. Oh my gosh, I can't forget how Leon was like, "Do this computer stuff for me" and Sora looked terrified. Aerith glaring at him when he implied she couldn't handle something on her own. I want to know what's happened to Zack after that tease at the end of BbS. I'd love to see more cameos of FF characters even though I've never played their games.

The FF au stuff is just as fun as the Disney stuff (I'd say the FF stuff has a higher track record of being entertaining for me personally because man, some Disney worlds are just lacking) I think KH really needs both of them. I know Nomura is trying to shed FF off, I can sometimes smell the sault due to what happened to him but....

Anyway. I'm glad they're putting the FF characters back and moving forward, I hope they're reintegrated into the main story again.

Overall, the trailer was pretty cool. I'm still not really sure what I'm expecting. I wish most of this stuff had been in the main release, but I'm glad it exists at all.

I'm not annoyed by the Disney vs FF debate, but I do roll my eyes at people who are suddenly like, "Oh, Aqua froze up like that because she has PTSD due to the dark realm" as if it wasn't super obvious before. It is awesome to see a visual representation of her trauma, but this isn't new.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@Zettaflare I could see Braig/Xigbar/Luxu being a well-intentioned extremist acting under the Master of Master's orders. That's what I see the Master of Masters himself as, at this point. And also Ava, even (as I do think she's the traitor, and quite possibly Strelitzia's killer), which is interesting since those two are opposed to each other now... And since once, they seemed pretty close. Ava was the only one the Master of Masters was nice to and she revered him.

And someone in this thread was saying they were worried that Kairi would be left behind in KHIV. And while I had my own worries about that after KHIII (I was afraid that Nomura would make Kairi depressed, and have her think how she performed in the Keyblade War was justification that she never should've tried to fight or left the Islands at all. God, that would've been horrible), I don't anymore since she's seemingly strong now (defeating Master Xehanort along Sora in the new timeline, it seems. I wonder if Sora gave Kairi some of his powers...) and Riku says "we've found no trace of Sora" at the start of the trailer. She's probably looking for him by herself, too. It sounds like all of the Guardians of Light are.

Does anyone know who's voicing Aerith and Yozora, btw? A lot of people say Ray Chase for Yozora... which would only be too fitting, and it sort of sounds like him, but I also feel it's slightly off?

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Did you not read the video's description in my comment that literally says "lacking a corporeal form"?
I glanced at it.
Nice to know this is something else the Power of Waking does to people.

That's what we call a development oversight.
Was excising Namine from the main plot completely and giving her zero personal development also a "development oversight?"

I would say giving characters with no backstory a backstory (sans Xigbar), and tying them in with set up for future things is important main plot stuff.
"Your backstory is we have no idea who you are but we'll make up something a game or two from now while wasting space in this installment baking in vague exposition about shit that doesn't matter for the story that's currently being told."

You could plan everything perfectly, but that doesn't mean things will always go as planned. Especially in game development. Plans change constantly, and it is most likely not even the first time that his plans were forced to change due to stalled development (vs13 resulting in the multiple non-numbered games).
You, rather counterintuitively, only proved my point. Nomura should have had enough planning put into this project that when things got derailed, he would still have a strong, core concept to build on and fold in the essential elements. Instead, he wrote a story about a box. And it was a bad story.

Toy Story was something he wanted since KH1, and it's one of the more well implemented worlds in the game. I don't get why it's an issue.
"one of the more well implemented worlds" in KH3 is such a backhanded compliment. Only KH2 sets the bar lower.

I agree with the Aqua thing, I don't get what his deal is with that. But at least Re+Mind is touching on it.
Yep. It's sure nice ReMind is free if you already bought the game!

I don't really blame him for cutting FF since they've had no bearing or relevance in the overall main plot since Birth by Sleep.
Neither has Kairi.

Especially when he's behind schedule.
The development staff obviously thought there was time enough.

Heck, I don't think Re+Mind is even gonna have them for longer than three minutes tops
Hyped!

It would have been nice to have them in the main game, but I don't flipping blame him for not including them.
Well I flipping do. The story is empty without them, and it's not as if we got something substituted in their place that really energized the game's narrative. In fact, it's the opposite. The entire act that should have included them got dropped, so there's this bloated, endless, sagging procession of Disney world husks dumped in the middle of this game. Then there's an hour of plot shouting and shuffling bad guys off stage right and it's over.

We could have gotten a lot of things in the series, but they're cut because there's not enough time to finish them and plans had to be changed.
And that hasn't dramatically effected the end products for most of the games in the series because theypurpose they serve as prequels, bridges, and filler is fundamentally different than KH3's role as a culmination of ideas and themes which represents the last chance to use this legacy's motif in the ways its critics have outlined. You only get to end a story once. KH3 is less about the story it was ending than the story that has Nomura's attention now; even the ReMind trailer makes that apparent.

Back