• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► New Mega Man cartoon set for release in 2017

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

shady543

Awards
I'm so hyped for this, especially since the team behind it worked on the original Ben 10 (which I really enjoyed and loved the art style).

I'm really hoping they take inspiration from the Archie Comic version, since that's my favourite adaption of the classic Mega Man, especially with the way the comics handle the characters and their backstories.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
This was announced back in June 2015. Is this even active?! No updates so far.

shady543

Awards
There has been more news about it at the Long Beach Comic-Con 2015, in which the directors said that the art style is going to be like the games, and a bit more info.
Other than that, some people on the Capcom forums gathered some more information (it sounds fake at first but proven to be true information), although the information is actually rather worrying since apparently Mega Man might be going to a school. I'm hoping this idea gets scrapped. :\
More proof is here.
The pilot has also been finished.

But other than that, not a lot of information since then. Hopefully Capcom won't cancel the project since this is really all MM has left now that the comics have discontinued.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'm a bit surprised no one has said anything so far so here we go:

The bomb dropped last month that the show is still on track for 2017. It seems the rumored partnership between Dentsu Entertainment USA and Man of Action Entertainment to create a new Mega Man animated series is true.
mega-man-animated-series-1.jpg

Overview said:
Aimed at kids 6 to 9, as well as their parents who grew up loving the videogames, the animated series will feature exciting new technologies and robots, as well as the introduction of Mega Man’s alter-ego, Aki Light, a normal, upbeat, schoolboy robot. When activated, his skin re-forms – in a flurry of computer code and visual pyrotechnics – into a suit of impenetrable nanocore armor, including the iconic Mega Buster arm cannon and helmet. Beloved characters, like Rush, will return – while new characters, like Mega Mini, will make their debut!

Setting said:
The new animated Mega Man series will follow Aki Light – a normal, upbeat, and above all optimistic young school-aged robot living in Silicon City. He soon learns that deep within his programming are secret protocols that allow him to transform – giving him nanocore armor, a Mega Buster, and the iconic helmet to turn him into a superhero – Mega Man!

...while trying to keep his superhero identity a secret and maintain a normal robot schoolkid life.

Source

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well, I guess its been a while since the last spin-off.

The archie comic will probably get rebooted to tie in.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Whatever happened to this? I'm thinking it got delayed to this year. New promo just came out:

megamancartoon2_thumb.jpg

megamancartoon1_thumb.jpg

New glimpse of Fire Man and Ice Man.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
*major update incoming*

[video=youtube;9qpr3vpbljw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qpr3vpbljw[/video]

[video=youtube;HgjG2521nac]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgjG2521nac[/video]

The show is set to premiere August 5th, 2018. Each episode is about 11 minutes long. 52 episodes are confirmed.

Ep. 1 preview synopsis said:
Aki Light, a normal schoolboy robot, discovers that deep within his programming lie secret protocols that can transform him into the powerful hero MEGA MAN! As the world’s first robot superhero, Mega Man battles the wickedest villains Silicon City has to offer. But his biggest challenge is trying to balance his secret hero life with his public school and home lives. Continuing the benevolent work of his world-renowned scientist father, Dr.Light, Mega Man also has to find a way to redeem his twin brother, Namagem and release him from the evil influence of Sgt.Night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back