• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Comics ► New Super hero Movies ___ The batman Returns ?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

wii.red24

So far in the year of 2011 we've manged to see many Super Hero movies such as Captain America, Green Lantern, Thor, In spite of this economy however its been announced that The Amazing Spiderman is set to be released next year along with A new batman Movie and there is also confirmed reports from comic con 2011 for Iron Man 3 2013 with all this Marvel/Dc Hype How do u guys feel will the movies live up to the hype? Are Super Hero movies becoming Outdated and Old ? Can Hollywood never seem to get it right ? What do u guys think ? *Leave your thoughts below*

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
superhero movies are doing just fine. the only terribly bad one in recent memory was green lantern. the rest have all been fine.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Well Green Lantern I heard sucked but I felt that Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man 2 weren't that good either

Bobjam

Awards
A Dark Knight Rises really will blow away all the super hero movies that came out this year. So looking forward to it, and amazing spiderman. The ones this year maybe apart from X men: First Class were not really anything special =/.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I think Green Lantern was the only terrible one lately. Iron Man 2 was disappointing, but still good. Thor and Capt. America were fine and X-Men: First Class was magnificent. I'm looking more forward to Amazing Spider-Man than Dark Knight Rises since Spidey is my favorite. Looking forward to Batman's all the same though. And waiting for word on the direction X-Men will take now.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Superhero movies should continue to do fine. Green Lantern was the only underachiever from the recent batch. It seems the Marvel heros are getting the most love from moviegoers, with the exception of Nolan's Batman movies. I'm most looking forward to The Dark Knight Rises and The Amazing Spider-Man.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Echoing everybody else, Green Lantern has really been the only bad superhero movie lately. And while some movies like Thor and Ironman 2 were slightly disappointing, they were still good and grew in a big audience.

Christopher Nolan will not disappoint with the Dark Knight Rises. His rendition of Batman is easy for fans and non-fans alike to enjoy. Of course, this is probably placing too much hype on the movie, but I can't imagine Nolan not delivering.

BladezofJustice

I don't really think there is a super hero movie fatigue. There haven't been nearly enough movies to warrant that kind of attitude. There have been 100s of cop movies but nobody says they're tired of them. The success of these franchises (even Green Lantern made it's budget back) is that they're "movies" first and happen to be a part of comic book franchises second.

I think there will be hits and misses just like any other genre of film. I don't see them as separate.

Obvious, with this passion you know I'm super excited for next year's Avenger's movie and Batman. Not really for Spider-man yet (even though it seems like this movie will go into a much darker tone.) Iron Man is one of my favorite superheros so I loved those movies. Captain America was sooooo good and Thor was pleasantly surprising, as was X-men First class (although I had some issues with it).

Pretty much at this point, I think things are pretty good. Hollywood sees it as a trend and thus are trying to purchase rights for every comic book property they can get their hands on. But that's with anything they deem popular....

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
@ wehrmacht Superman returns was also horrible.
If you're going back as far as 2006 then that means I can bring up X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Punisher: War Zone and Spider-Man 3.

Green Lantern was the only underachiever from the recent batch. It seems the Marvel heros are getting the most love from moviegoers, with the exception of Nolan's Batman movies.
I don't think it's a Marvel exclusive phenomenon. I don't your average audience cares enough to distinguish between the superhero houses. It's simply that Marvel's properties have more exposure and have most recently fallen between good to great.

Green Lantern just needed to be a better movie.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
yeah, it was barely even average with extremely weak writing and execution

should have been a much better film than it was

BladezofJustice

If you're going back as far as 2006 then that means I can bring up X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, Punisher: War Zone and Spider-Man 3. Green Lantern just needed to be a better movie.
Rise of the Silver Surfer was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad!! It especially hurt my soul because Silver Surfer is my favorite comic book character. I cringed so much, lol.

BladezofJustice

I read somewhere online that the rights for the Fantastic 4 may be sent back to Marvel. If that was done, how do you think they'd remedy the franchise?

I read somewhere online that the rights for the Fantastic 4 may be sent back to Marvel. If that was done, how do you think they'd remedy the franchise?

I hope Marvel studios get back the rights, they have a much better hang on the vision of the franchises. Of course they would take the franchise "back to the basics" probably doing another origin story. But one thing they've done well so far is get you really into the character's heads so you know their motivations a whole lot better. Instead of just watching some character on screen, you start to actually care about their story. If they turn it into a franchise, the 1st movie would hopefully spend more time on each of the members and how they get a handle on their powers and the world around them. Instead of the "Doom happens to get powers like the FF" convoluted mess, have him actually acquire power through technological means with his armor (he can still know Reed previous to the accident). But I don't think he should be introduced until the 2nd movie....

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
So are we talking about superhero films or comic book live action adaptations in general?

They are among the highest grossing films out there. They'll be fine for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back