• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NEW THEORY: Riku's Blindfold

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

the Rainmaker

While searching the Net for that CoM Manga, I found someone's blog about their KH theories, and this one was just way too good. I felt like it was a KH2 spoiler; it was so excellent. It was the best explanation I've heard thus far, and I thought that it was so brilliant that it demanded kh2.net forum attention.

This theory is NOT mine. Do NOT go thinking I came up with this. It was the blogger, Megan (I think that's the name, anyway), but the blog is called "Jerry the Frog Ramblings". And actually, this blogger got it from a friend.

"I feel confident in saying it's been made clear that the blindfolded Unknown in Deep Dive and Another Side/Another Story is Riku. But the question then arises: why is Riku wearing the blindfold? (Besides wanting to look sexy for his fangirls, I mean...) It's assumed that Deep Dive takes place between CoM and KH2 (although I can see it taking place during KH2, but with extreme difficulty.) The original theory was that Riku was blinded by the light of Kindom Hearts once Ansem was destroyed. However, this obviously doesn't hold up anymore, since Riku was seeing perfectly fine all throughout CoM (and at the end of KH, if you remember correctly.) So why the blindfold?

This theory was actually suggested to me by the very-muchly-smart V-chan, and it seems to make the most sense to me. Riku wears the blindfold not because he can't see, but so that he can smell better. All throughout CoM, scents are a running theme with Riku...he even "smells" when Marluxia is defeated by Sora. The Organization members seem to have this ability as well, suggesting that particular "scents" of things, people and power are linked to darkness. Wearing a blindfold would force him to rely on his nose more than his eyes (just as the senses of blind people are heightened) and would allow him to detect certain scents faster and from greater distances. This would be especially helpful when traveling through different worlds with no idea on who is a friend or foe."

x-knight

kudos to hu eva wrote this

i thought it had something to do with smelling out stuff

good job on finding out this valuble piece on info

Z

Zackstorm

Wow. That theory makes alot of sense to me. I like it lol! I think that just may be why he wears that thing.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Wow thats so cool.... but theres something I noticed, near the and of ASAS Riku pulls off his blindfold but before it fully comes off the scene changes to BHK asking where Sora is, And when DD starts Riku still has the blindfold on... and then reason why this is weird is because DD is a follow up of ASAS so should Rikus blindfold be take off in DD?

Playcell

sorry to burst your bubbles but this theory is really old. We agreed on a poll that Riku is using the blindfold cause he has DareDevil like powers.
old old old

fighter1.0

Wow I normal think of things like that but I never put 2 and 2 thoughter but that makes so much sence. This also makes me so happy because I was thinking he was just blind and that would have been stupped. Thank you God!

Cael

Silver Member
Website
tinyurl.com
1 Problem: WE DONT KNOW IF RIKU STILL HAS THE BLINDFOLD.

When theres proof then the theory will actually mean something <.<

Playcell

KL....I respect u n' stuff man but i will have to disagree with u on that one.

Many of u think that Another Side Another Story : Deep Dive is a concept trailer...WRONG.
Nomura said that we will kno much about the origin of Deep Dive in KH2 and 'all' the characters of ASAS:DD will be in KH2. Nomura won't say that if its a concept trailer.

(no offence, but don't we come here to discuss?)

EnigmaticWarrior

Playcell said:
KL....I respect u n' stuff man but i will have to disagree with u on that one.

Many of u think that Another Side Another Story : Deep Dive is a concept trailer...WRONG.
Nomura said that we will kno much about the origin of Deep Dive in KH2 and 'all' the characters of ASAS:DD will be in KH2. Nomura won't say that if its a concept trailer.

(no offence, but don't we come here to discuss?)

You kind of misinterpreted what Nomura said. He said:

Nomura: "He is a new character to appear in KHII and he holds a very important part to play too. I will refrain from too much detail but he is a playable character. Besides him, many of the secret characters from the previous installment's secret movies will appear in KHII. I plan to explain what the situations depicted in the secret movies signify."

He said "many", not "all". There's a difference between the two.

the Rainmaker

WOW. So many responses. I posted this thing at four in the morning last night!!

Anyway...I think that Riku's blindfold was a question that got lost as CoM came out. I personally forgot that I'd been wondering about it until I came across this post. I was thinking: "So true...during CoM there's no explanation for the blindfold or the coaks. In fact, it only makes the latter more confusing."

If Nomura said that the videos signify something, then perhaps ASAS and DD, like the opening "Simple and Clean Remix" sequence to the first film is also rich in the symbolism of the story. Maybe Riku doesn't literally wear a blindfold, but this demonstrates his association with his dark powers, particularily smell.

It just made so much sense when I came across it. I was like, "Oh, DUH. That's gotta be it. Or something."

If nothing, we can at least say that it's possible Riku's little sixth sense will come into play in KHII.

GTX

Gee Tee Ecks
SorasKingdom said:
there was a topic exactly like this... well not in aexact words, but it was called "Riku's Blindfold" just not with NEW THEORY.
so yeah many read about it. BUT it is still a good well written theory. it makes clear sense, and its logicly practical.
Riku's blindfold
[size=+0]GTX[/size] vbmenu_register("postmenu_197622", true);
We all know that Riku is the blindfolded unknown in ASAS & DD, right, well I hope you do. Well heres my theory on it. I think Riku wears a blindfold to enhance his sences.

In CoM he had this wierd ability to get peoples scent all of a sudden. This helped him a lot(battles with Zexion, Ansem, etc.). By getting people's scent he really didn't need to see. So I think he sheilded his eyes to enhance his senses (like DareDevil's powers).

I really don't believe that he sheilds his eyes because he can no longer see the light. In CoM he can see the light fine. Hes twilight not darkness, so he should be able to see light.

Well it would really be great if you could present more theories on this. Because not many people are really talking about Riku (BEST CHARACTER!)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back