• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Newest Voice of Mickey Mouse

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

keybladealex

Yes. Yes it is. I don't just want Mickey for BBS. I've always liked his cartoons and I always will. And since he's an American hero, they shouldn't have taken any longer than this to find a replacement for Allwine.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
I just hope he sounds alright. (I hope we can hear some test footage soon)

Not with BBS, (It's too far off really to worry about that) but just in general.

madammina

It's still sad though, I grew up with Wayne Allwine, so it will be a bit jarring to hear someone different.

I did found out he (Bret) had done some recording before Wayne died, which is good. When Wayne Allwine took over, he shadowed the person before him for a bit.

keybladealex

many people can imitate Mickey mouse, i dont think it will sound bad

Well...while this is true I don't think that many could be able to follow in Allwine's footsteps. People probably said that about Disney himself when he died. And maybe Allwine told the 'good folks' at Disney that he wanted Iwan to replace him since he studied under him. It also good to hear that he's already has recorded something.

I hate to admit this but when KH2 and Re: CoM came out I thought that somebody else was doing Mickey's voice. He just sounded off to me. Maybe Iwan did some of the lines just to try it out.

madammina

Could be to test out.

When Mako died (for Avatar) they hired someone, then had him record some lines which were then fit into the episode. It sounded off next to Mako, but gave a reference point for the next season. They could have been doing the same here.

I bet Bret also did the clean up for 358.

keybladealex

He could have. Not that I trust Wikipedia, but they don't have a page about him so we can't know for sure what he has done. Off the topic just a bit...will Allwine's wife be doing the voice of Minnie still? Personally, if my spouse died, I wouldn't do it if I couldn't be with them.

Sora1915

Bronze Member
Well...while this is true I don't think that many could be able to follow in Allwine's footsteps. People probably said that about Disney himself when he died. And maybe Allwine told the 'good folks' at Disney that he wanted Iwan to replace him since he studied under him. It also good to hear that he's already has recorded something.

I hate to admit this but when KH2 and Re: CoM came out I thought that somebody else was doing Mickey's voice. He just sounded off to me. Maybe Iwan did some of the lines just to try it out.
I think he sounded weird in Re: COM but not in KH2

A

Azrael

I just hope he sounds alright. (I hope we can hear some test footage soon)

Not with BBS, (It's too far off really to worry about that) but just in general.

Don't be gullible, anyone can impersonate Mickey Mouse. I'm sure this guy will be great.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I'm sure he'll sound fine, Disney wouldn't pick him to voice their mascot if he couldn't do it satisfyingly.

madammina

It's not really impersonation though.

Voice Acting, particularly for an official voice, is something different.

I'm obsessed with traditional voice actors so that's why I don't think it's a matter of just impersonation. It's making it your own. TO make the voice fit what you are saying, while respecting the past.

My main VA is someone named Jim Cummings. You will probably know him as Pooh, Tigger, and Pete. He didn't orchestrate any of these, but his work as Tigger just had him nominated for a Daytime Emmy, and the work he did for "Be Prepared" among other songs has made him a big name in the industry. Not just for pre existing characters, but taking other characters too.

I'm not explaining this right. Basically, Voice acting =/= imitating. At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back