• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NEXT GAME: | ReMake: Union X | or | Next Entry Game (DDD2, Yozora game) | ?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

YOU PREFER THE NEXT GAME TO BE: | ReMake: Union X | or | Next Entry Game (DDD2, Yozora game) | ?

• Re:UX (the remake from origin mobile game but with KH3 gameplay). Then, SE can make the next Spinoff

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Next Entry Game, continuing the story as it ended MoM. Just make UX:Back Cover in a collection...

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Next Entry Game, continuing the story as it ended MoM. Make Re:Union X after that.

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters

Dark Rot

Awards
I would like to see Daybreak Town fully explorable, like it probably should've been in KH3, but in some other game with a new story that just references the mobile stuff. χ is so vague. There's some cool loredrops, but it's really more of a mood. They could just spin more fairy tale intrigue from wherever they leave off, and I'm sure it wouldn't even matter if you'd paid attention to χ.
The story is painstakingly avoidant of getting to the point. The whole deal with the traitor in the browser game-- never revealed! There was no dramatic moment that would've given the story some shape. Union χ is admittedly more exciting, it's a murder mystery and the characters are better, but we'll see how things go. It feels like Nomura might be saving all the good stuff for a ~real KH game. I'm sure there's even a way Daybreak Town could feature into the Riku Sora Quadratum game. You could do everything you need to do in just one world. I don't need a whole game of Brain.

I think they could make a good CG movie out of Union χ in particular. I would like to see Maleficent vs Laurium.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Yea, points well taken, I mean I could be convinced on the game concept, though I’m not sure I’m persuaded development of a full remake title would be as small a task as you’re suggesting. Even with much of the character/setting design and story beats available, the scale and style of the mobile game is of an entirely different type and magnitude; it’s not a simple copy and paste translation, there are an enormous array of gameplay, systems, level design, narrative design, side content etc details that would have to be developed if not from square 1 then from square 2. Unless the suggestion here is that the scale of this theoretical game would be something more akin to the handheld titles we’ve received in the past, but I’ve yet to see any evidence that that middle-ground model will apply and hold up in the current age of UE4 and console prioritization for the KH series. Or they could keep it brief and concise, in the spirit of 0.2, cutting out all the Disney filler content? Certainly a possibility and could be cool indeed. I’m not altogether averse to receiving something playable.

In any case, I’m obviously inferring a lot and this is mostly guesswork. If they announced a Ux remake, I’d be as excited as the next guy, but my personal preference is: whatever time and resources they’d consider investing in a full remake title, I’d prefer they instead invest in another future story.
Another thing to keep in mind is that, if they are using Unreal Engine 4/5 going forward with the franchise, and the only handheld console is the Switch, which I doubt can handle anything of KH3 calibur graphically, then I don't think the idea of "handheld entries" will even continue to be a thing. In fact, I wonder if Nomura will even bother using numbered titles for this second phase. If Kingdom Hearts 2 and 3 had not used numbers in their titles, would the hype for a "trilogy ender" have even gotten as high as it did? People would have just considered each new entry as just that. A new entry. Idk though.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Another thing to keep in mind is that, if they are using Unreal Engine 4/5 going forward with the franchise, and the only handheld console is the Switch, which I doubt can handle anything of KH3 calibur graphically, then I don't think the idea of "handheld entries" will even continue to be a thing. In fact, I wonder if Nomura will even bother using numbered titles for this second phase. If Kingdom Hearts 2 and 3 had not used numbers in their titles, would the hype for a "trilogy ender" have even gotten as high as it did? People would have just considered each new entry as just that. A new entry. Idk though.
I could swear there was an interview somewhere in which Nomura referenced KHIII as the end of the numbered titles

But even if that's true, it won't stop the general public from believing in and waiting for a Kingdom Hearts IV

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I reallly want a UX/darkroad remake.

My idea od canonizing the player would be to have the player actually be a young kairi. We saw her in the arc in MoM, maybe she gets sent to the past by accident instead.

Boom we have a kairi game and a UX remake all in one.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

My idea od canonizing the player would be to have the player actually be a young kairi. We saw her in the arc in MoM, maybe she gets sent to the past by accident instead.

That would make player canonically five years old.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

The ark Kairi was put in was completed properly. That's why it could fulfill its intended purpose and achieve interspace travel.

An incomplete ark is incapable of protecting its passengers during travel, causing the hearts to be stripped from the bodies and shot through time and space at lightspeed. They would then require someone at the destination who has memories of them and possesses some sort of intermediary that can be used to reform their bodies, neither of which exist for Kairi in the age of fairy tales. Also yeah, the significant age gap and all the plotholes that would arise.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm cool with a Union X remake from Ven's perspective. It's a kill two birds with one stone scenario.
Ventus is the worst character to focus on for Union X remake. Not only has Ven already developed through Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts III, he was never designed as a focal character for the narrative of Union X.

The whole X saga is Ephemer's and Player's story, Ephemer's the protagonist poster boy for all things X.

redcrown

Awards
What's the difference between the last two choices? I honestly don't care at all about the mobile entries, story or gameplay wise.
I just want to have the next entry with Riku in Shibuya/Quadratum/DDD2 whatever it is finding Sora.

Or even better, a movie/game(not on mobile though for the love of god) of Riku's pov story, his "period of absence".
Yes I'm still hoping against all logic that they'll make that entry eventually.

Either of those are the only thing that would make me a fan of this series again. At this point I feel almost completely checked out of this series emotionally.

Last edited:

cakito123

Awards
What's the difference between the last two choices?

UX: Back Cover would be a Back Cover equivalent of Union X - which means, only cutscenes from the game in conjunction to some collection...

Re:Union X would be a Re:Chain of Memories equivalent, which isa ReMake from the original mobile game remade with gameplay and everything it deserves

Alexxio M.

Awards
These are my personal predictions for future kh games and projects related to kingdom hearts
with a timeline for said games
  1. Awakening from Rebirth- the Kairi, Aqua and Mickey game
  2. Gardens of the past- days 2
  3. Kingdom hearts Disney+ -re cap/ retelling of all games before Melody of memory or an anthology covering the character files and some of the blanks from remind (ahem wayfinder trio in the realm of darkness) I would be ok with both but i am aware that the anthology idea may not be fit for newcomers as I feel the character files might need some prior knowledge since most that I’ve read take place after KH3.
  4. Verum Rex- DDD2
  5. Neo the world ends with you- just in case
  6. Re unite- will serve the same purpose as fragmentary passage and could be both a ux back cover remake and a reunion between all the gaurdians except sora
  7. KH4- finish sora rescue/ first face off with all foretellers and perhaps more hints about the master of masters
Timeline
1. Awakening from rebirth at the same time as Verum Rex’s beginning and middle
2. Days 2
3. Verum Rex‘s ending
4. Re Unite
5. Kh 4

i also have some ideas on story and gameplay for Awakening from rebirth
here we go
awakening from rebirth would have
2 different stories in a similar vain to the routes in bbs

One story will be focused on Kairi and aquas adventures and Kairi’s mark of mastery

The other will be focused on Mickey and his research in scala ad caelum with him not only finding out more on the foretellers and master of masters but also meeting Marluxia and Larxene searching for answers on Skuld and bringing back strelitzia.

The secret reports will be from Ansem the wises perspective on Kairi’s path and brain/ Eraqus on mickeys route however most of the Eraqus based secret reports that will be given throughout the Mickey route will be given as rewards for reaching milestones and objectives and brains reports will be scattered around the world like the other secret reports.

Both Mickey and Kairi will meet xigbar at some point possibly being the final boss of the Mickey route as Mickey has learned too much but after narrowly escaping with Marluxia and larxene mickey will return to the mysterious tower and tell Aqua and Kairi everything they’ve learned connecting the dots between subject x and Skuld prompting them to call the sea salt gang transitioning into the days sequel.

After beating either route a final epilogue senario will show Kairi venturing to the final world and using the power of waking to go to Quadratum

what do you guys think?

Last edited:

redcrown

Awards
UX: Back Cover would be a Back Cover equivalent of Union X - which means, only cutscenes from the game in conjunction to some collection...

Re:Union X would be a Re:Chain of Memories equivalent, which isa ReMake from the original mobile game remade with gameplay and everything it deserves
In that case then I would rather it be in a collection since I assume making a cutscene movie will take less attention and time away from creating games that might (strong 'might' here) actually be worthwhile.

Last edited:

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I wished the Game was Kingdom Hearts IV but sighs Oh well might as well wait until we get a Spin Off
The next game could easily be KH4, the fact that Nomura said the next game's formula will be different could mean anything. (correct me if I'm wrong, someone - I just remember he said that quote somewhere)

This could be the first numbered title that focuses only on Riku or have two character stories.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
The next game could easily be KH4, the fact that Nomura said the next game's formula will be different could mean anything. (correct me if I'm wrong, someone - I just remember he said that quote somewhere)

This could be the first numbered title that focuses only on Riku or have two character stories.
It's possible, but really hard to say. While KH4 would be nice for the anniversary, a numbered KH game without Donald and Goofy would feel kind of wrong.

From the set up I almost feel it's more likely to be another DDD, especially with it being the 20th anniversary of the series and DDD was released the 10th. As much as I'd like the core of the series to be Sora, Riku and Kairi, it's clear to me that Nomura and co. see only Sora and Riku as the core of the series and would focus on them for another anniversary game.

But perhaps we'll get the Fragmentary Passage game BBSv2 was originally planned to be, with various episodes for the different characters?

Barrett

Awards
...I feel like a remake of X/UX is gonna be specifically called Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] Re:Union and not Kingdom Hearts Re:Union χ[Cross]. Why? Because I think they would do something like this:
  • The "first playthrough" of the game would be the story contents of the original Kingdom Hearts χ[chi].
  • Finishing the "first playthrough" will unlock a "second playthrough," but it's actually Union χ[Cross] and using story contents from Missions 556 to (I think?) 659 when the app was referred to as Unchained χ as "the prologue." (Don't ask me why I know that.)
  • A separate episode featuring either a retold version of χ Back Cover with playable Foreteller segments or the Player (with or without the new Union leaders) themselves discovering what really happened during χ Back Cover unlocked after the "first playthrough."
  • Dark Road is unlocked as another separate episode after Ven is confirmed to not be on the list of new leaders in the "second playthrough."
  • Secret Episode after finishing all the story content because it's all-new story content that ties in everything in the χ[chi] saga and includes an expanded version of the original KH3 epilogue "Lost Masters," thus justifying the name Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] Re:Union because it's all a χ[chi]/"key" reunion!!!!11!111!!! (hhhhh)

Willow A113

Awards
...I feel like a remake of X/UX is gonna be specifically called Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] Re:Union and not Kingdom Hearts Re:Union χ[Cross]. Why? Because I think they would do something like this:
  • The "first playthrough" of the game would be the story contents of the original Kingdom Hearts χ[chi].
  • Finishing the "first playthrough" will unlock a "second playthrough," but it's actually Union χ[Cross] and using story contents from Missions 556 to (I think?) 659 when the app was referred to as Unchained χ as "the prologue." (Don't ask me why I know that.)
  • A separate episode featuring either a retold version of χ Back Cover with playable Foreteller segments or the Player (with or without the new Union leaders) themselves discovering what really happened during χ Back Cover unlocked after the "first playthrough."
  • Dark Road is unlocked as another separate episode after Ven is confirmed to not be on the list of new leaders in the "second playthrough."
  • Secret Episode after finishing all the story content because it's all-new story content that ties in everything in the χ[chi] saga and includes an expanded version of the original KH3 epilogue "Lost Masters," thus justifying the name Kingdom Hearts χ[chi] Re:Union because it's all a χ[chi]/"key" reunion!!!!11!111!!! (hhhhh)
Ok but I feel like the "first playthrough" should still be playable even after the "second playthrough". Would there be a way to make that possible?

Barrett

Awards
Ok but I feel like the "first playthrough" should still be playable even after the "second playthrough". Would there be a way to make that possible?
It'd be like KH3 where you start a new file after finishing your "first playthrough" but there's a specific option to play this specific "second playthrough" like a New Game+ kind of deal. The game will tell you that this specific playthrough will feature "new story content not seen in your last playthrough" but it's literally just throwing you into all the UX content after the original X content. So you wouldn't have to worry about your "first playthrough" files being lost unless you specifically overwrite or delete them.

EDIT: They make the game describe the "second playthrough" deliberately vague since it would nearly replicate what the Player experiences once they cross to the Unchained realm.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
I want them to make a new game first and then Re: Union X. As much as I want to see Re: Union X I don’t want it to be the next thing we get as we already know the plot for Union X so we aren’t going to see anything new apart from graphics, character models and voice acting and although it would be awesome and I do want to see all this stuff. I would rather learn more about Verum Rex,Quadratum and what’s going on with all the new and returning characters first.

Sean Wheeler

Awards
They should have a Re: Union X. I only got my mobile phone just recently, so fans who don't have a mobile phone that could play games would need a way to experience the story without getting a new phone. And Re: Union X should be included in a collection with HD remasters of the DS games 358/2 Days and Re:Coded fully playable with touch screen features translated unto console TV screen like Dream Drop Distance HD and an online Mission Mode for 358/2 Days.

Back