• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Re: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

You can't get Griffin anywhere in the game. The Amazon DLC bonus is the only way to get it unless maybe they decided to distribute it later on PSN.

They probably will make it DLC later (for Ni No Kuni completionists who are going crazy with not being able to get Griffin) but at a cost, how long does the promotion for Griffin last? Do you happen to know???

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

They probably will make it DLC later (for Ni No Kuni completionists who are going crazy with not being able to get Griffin) but at a cost, how long does the promotion for Griffin last? Do you happen to know???

Hopefully they will because each familiar has a two branch evolution for its final stage. It seems to be going on for a while.

Amazon.com griffy familiar Exclusive Bonus Offer
Purchase Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for Playstation 3 and receive the Amazon.com Exclusive: Griffy Familiar. Use this Hunter of the Skies and its fearsome Phantom Fangs to evolve your griffy into the griffrigerator! The code will be emailed within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer will be extended to all existing purchases.

http://www.amazon.com/Ni-No-Kuni-Wr...TF8&qid=1360384493&sr=8-1&keywords=ni+no+kuni

Also, has anyone tamed any gold familiars?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

Hopefully they will because each familiar has a two branch evolution for its final stage. It seems to be going on for a while.

Hopefully long enough before I get the game ^_^ If it is ever about to end and I don't see it, post it here in case so that I can order it in the last second.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

What is everyone's familiar set up? Mine looks like this so far. Any suggestions? I wish I could get Griffy but that's an Amazon order exclusive.

Oliver - Catastroceros, Mahanaja, Docotoko (Gold)
Esther - Tundragorer, Honky-Tonker (Gold), Acee
Swaine - Bone Baron, Aye-Aye Catcher, Steam-Man (Gold)
Marcassin - Turban Legend, Greater Naiad, Demoliceros

Bobjam

Awards

Finished the story two days ago and wow what a game. Its one of those games that strangely I really wish I had played when younger. Its just such a good entry into jrpgs or rpgs in general and even though it was a great game, I did not emotional react to it as I would of if I was younger. However it is great to hear that some people, whatever age they are have been affected by the game and I suppose it just goes to show how damn well done it is: Ni No Kuni and Coping With Depression - IGN.

Now for the post-game madness!

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Finished the story two days ago and wow what a game. Its one of those games that strangely I really wish I had played when younger. Its just such a good entry into jrpgs or rpgs in general and even though it was a great game, I did not emotional react to it as I would of if I was younger. However it is great to hear that some people, whatever age they are have been affected by the game and I suppose it just goes to show how damn well done it is: Ni No Kuni and Coping With Depression - IGN.

Now for the post-game madness!

Congrats with finishing the game Bobjam! I think you'll love the postgame content with the extra bosses.

I'm at about 110+ hours in the game and still trying to finish everything.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Lol I thought one of the entries for the UK Ni no Kuni familiar design contest was funny. The Profeseer... The rest of the images can be found in the link below.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.573470809339455.1073741825.358130007540204&type=3

575950_573470922672777_378148093_n.jpg

jedimaster91

*Phoenix Feather*

Just finished the story mode, and oh my HECK I LOVE this game!

nijogi

I do not regret buying the Wizard Edition one bit, I really loved the wizards companion book and I used it religiously while playing. I took some pics here!

This game was a joy to play, it had so much charm I couldn't stop myself from smiling throughout the journey. My only complaint was that the AI partners expend MP like theres no tomorrow, it was really bloody annoying after you've fully healed them and they have no MP after one battle.

It took me 70 hours to complete the game, I took ages exploring and finishing side quests but I haven't touched the post game content yet but I can't wait to play Ni No Kuni again soon.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I do not regret buying the Wizard Edition one bit, I really loved the wizards companion book and I used it religiously while playing. I took some pics here!

This game was a joy to play, it had so much charm I couldn't stop myself from smiling throughout the journey. My only complaint was that the AI partners expend MP like theres no tomorrow, it was really bloody annoying after you've fully healed them and they have no MP after one battle.

It took me 70 hours to complete the game, I took ages exploring and finishing side quests but I haven't touched the post game content yet but I can't wait to play Ni No Kuni again soon.

Wow you're very lucky for getting your hands on the Wizard's Edition especially concerning the controversy over Namco's glitch in their computers. Thanks for sharing the pictures. They're very beautiful.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Okay, so for the sake of some mature doscussion on the matter:

Where would rank Swaine's looks on a scale of 1-10? :p

but seriously, replaying the game. Platoon was *easy*. Got enough for all the prizes now. Still love the sidequesting and Battle System. And the atmosphere is wonderful too.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

I still have three trophies left for Platinum but I haven't really been finding the motivation to do them. Maxing my Catastroceros with only Attack treats will take a while...

Familiarologist
Awarded for taming 250 different species.

Mad Scientist
Awarded for alchemizing 120 different items.

Pedigree Breeder
Awarded for training a familiar to its full potential.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Been hard at work maxing my mite's familiarity. Also trying for 120 alchemy mixtures, all errands, amassing a fortune of 500,000 guilders and then in my next playthrough, i'll use my current save to collect more familiars.

Edit: I still think beating Shadar provides too much closure for the amount of game left afterwords.

SugarToppedLove

Website
www.youtube.com

The game is so good, my only thing is to me it
seems like every 3 seconds there is a bunch of
dialogue to sit through.

My Gosh the worlds are wonderful though, I want to
jump into the game, so pretty

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

I went with my friend to pick up his PS3, almost coaxing him into the purchase, and he really wanted this game, but damn it was hard to find. We went to like three different Gamestops, a Best Buy, and finally scored one at a Target. I was sure this thing would sell like hot cakes, but wasn't thinking it would be scarce. xD

The game is beautiful so far (just watching him play). Makes me want to catch up on all the Ghibli movies.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

So rumors have been going around that a sequel is in development for the PS4.

If this is true I will probably die of hype.

Bobjam

Awards

So rumors have been going around that a sequel is in development for the PS4.

If this is true I will probably die of hype.

=0 Rumours! Where? Man I so hope that is the case. Studio Ghibli going into game development was one of the coolest things about Ni No Kuni. I hope they are ready to come back for it ^^.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

A second game needs to happen. I'd die happier, though, if it would be a prequel rather than a sequel, since there are actually a lot of things in the past that can be explored. Plus, I'd really like to play as kid Horace.

But a sequel will do. I find Oliver likable as well. Gosh, here's to hoping that it really is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back