• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nightmare Dream Eaters could’ve worked as a KH3 enemy (kinda-rant)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Perkilator

Awards
So, you guys know how Spirit Meow Wow is a Link in KH3? Well, this made me realize that Nightmare Dream Eaters could’ve fit in the game, too. The world I was thinking of for them was replacing Heartless with them for Toy Box seeing the “split worlds” thing with that world’s plot (the fake Galaxy Toys could’ve easily been a fake Sleeping World using power from the Realm of Sleep) and probably could’ve fit into Xehanort’s plan of finding a vessel to place a heart in. Without these guys as enemies, KH3 just feels incomplete, enemy-wise. We got Spirits in, so Nightmares couldn’t have been a problem. They wouldn’t even need to have shown up at the Keyblade Graveyard near the end of the game

okhi12

Awards
Toy Box has a great level design and it would be fitting to have colourful enemies like dream eaters that actually resemble stuffed toys, but what they did with the gigas robots and the puppet heartless possessing toys was interesting and well implemented. I have no complains with what we got for Toy Box. However we had unversed for monstropolis and while it made sense for the story and Vanitas, i found them to be boring and lacking in variety. There was nothing interesting about them, they were just like heartless with another name. I mean, you can have different types of enemies, but if they all share the same behaviour with nothing to make each type stand on their own, it is worthless. KH2 introduced nobodies and they were fun to fight, had their own style and were relevant to the story.
Still, most likely dream eaters will return after KH3. I think we won't see the unversed again, and who knows if nobodies will return, but the sleeping worlds and dream eaters are still a plot point in KHUX which will matter after KH3. To me, KH3 doesn't feel incomplete because it lacks nightmare enemies, but because the (nonexistent)pace of the story until the Keyblade Graveyard and then how suddenly all the important stuff happened. I wonder if ReMind will address that to make things more satisfying.

Back