• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nine Years on KHInsider And The Reflections That Come With It

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Well, it's not quite nine years for me yet- but it will be in a couple of days. Since I'm caught up with a bunch of things these days and forget to come online here a lot, I wanted to make sure I took the time this week to post about spending almost an entire decade with this community. I've made many friends, seen them come and go. But perhaps the most notable thing on my mind about these past nine years is how much things can change. How much we change as people.

Lately, an old post from very early on in my time here in KHI bubbled back into my memory and I was horrified by what I had written. Despite it being under the guise of a joke, this post of mine was riddled in negativity and irrational fear. Initially I couldn't remember the full context of why I'd written said-post or what the name of the thread it was buried in was, but I knew deep down in my heart that I had to have written this post almost nine years ago.

I could easily have opted to try and bury these thoughts and this guilt inside. After all, this all happened almost a decade ago! Who'd bother to look any of this up or bother to remember what some barely active user said so many years back? Yet I feel like I need to own up to this. I said some incredibly foolish things nine years ago and I'm sorry that I ever wrote them to begin with.

The point is, if you're new here at KHInsider or if you weren't here when I was more active, I just want to share this simple advice: Be better than I was.

There's so many wonderful fans for this series out there and while the forum isn't as active as it once was, there's still quite a diverse audience for who all plays these games. From the color of their skin, their sexuality, their religious and/or political views, the crowd varies drastically. Think carefully about the hate you might be spewing when talking about same-sex ships or cracking jokes about the homoerotic vibes present in various different shows.

With all of the heavy stuff said now, I think it's important to end this thread on a more positive note.

"I can choose to change my view
And I will live in color"

[video=youtube;5-AlPPfHBNc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-AlPPfHBNc[/video]

Last edited:

Seadrin

Awards
Congrats, man!

That's so cool. Keep being awesome!

Also: is that you playing the music, if so, which instrument? Love it.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Oh damn! I was honestly just wondering where you were a few days ago. Nice to see you're back, bro! And grats on the 9 years. My decade here was a few months ago, haha.

Theart

Awards
Congrats, man!

That's so cool. Keep being awesome!

Also: is that you playing the music, if so, which instrument? Love it.

Thanks, Seadrin!

And no, that's not me playing the music. I haven't played the guitar for many years now and I was never good enough to play something as challenging as that song. Just wanted to share it since I'm a fan of the band and since some of the lyrics in the song reflected how I feel about my experiences here at KHI.

Oh damn! I was honestly just wondering where you were a few days ago. Nice to see you're back, bro! And grats on the 9 years. My decade here was a few months ago, haha.

Hey man! I don't post often these days, but I'm around. And belated congrats on your own decade at KHI!

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
The genie will continue dancing long after my last post.

This thought keeps me up at night.

Theart

Awards
Just checked and today is officially the ninth anniversary of my joining KHInsider (as I mentioned in the OP, I wasn't sure if I'd be online today or not).

God, when I first the site joined I was halfway through high school!

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Congrats! Mine is on the 22nd. Crazy to think how long we've been here...

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Phew, time does speed up here. I know I've only been here for 2 years but it does feel like I've been here for some quite time. But 9 years, that's insane to imagine. Congrats, and early congrats to Recon too.

Back