• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo DSI

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

DSI or DS Lite?

• Nintendo DSI

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Nintendo DS Lite

Votes: 17 47.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasrinok

Im debating on buying a DSI or not. Not sure what the benefits will be over the DS Lite. I know the screens are a little bit bigger but the DSI cant play GBA games anymore. Need some help deciding what to do. Umm.. also need information about new technology through the DSI that games might be made specifally for the DSI??

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The camera is actually really handy, the fact that it soft resets, etc. Oh, and having music with you is nice as well.

It's a solid little thing, it's just a bit pricy.

Also, if you buy it before Oct 1st, Nintendo gives you 1000 free points towards the downloadable games and stuff.

Kasrinok

Wow! I did not know they gave you free 1000 points towards downloads, i knew you were able to download other "stuff". I was going to buy a DSI + 2 games(FF 12[I think], and Fire Emblem) for $120 but the gu ended up selling it for $170, he didnt have it on ebay, hes a friend of mine. But i guess it would be better to go ahead and spend the extra $50(& tax) for a new one. Im always iffy about buying Used systems, just never know what others could have done to them.

Rix

:)
Awards
It depends on what's most important to you really, and what you need. I have a DS Lite and is happy with it. The DSi seems to be great too, but I don't really feel that I need the functions on the DSi.

Kasrinok

It depends on what's most important to you really, and what you need. I have a DS Lite and is happy with it. The DSi seems to be great too, but I don't really feel that I need the functions on the DSi.

I just sold m DS Lite on ebay for $60(Sorta a bad deal but i could only have traded it in to Gamestop for $35). But im just having 2nd thoughts about it, i really liked the old Gameboy Color pokemon games, Silver/Gold/Crystal, but i couldnt even play them on the DS Lite. I did find out that their remaking Gold/Silver for DS, so either 1 i get is a win/win i guess. I dont think i will use the Camera function that much... guess its just a small +.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards

Yeah, I agree. I mean, being able to take pictures of yourself and edit them on the go is great and all but what puts me off about the DSi is that I wouldn't be able to play any GBA games.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
well I'm no wondering that if I get a DSI I might just get one along on the day 358/2 days is released...

Kasrinok

Yeah, I agree. I mean, being able to take pictures of yourself and edit them on the go is great and all but what puts me off about the DSi is that I wouldn't be able to play any GBA games.

I dont really play many GBA games anymore, i did think about buying Fire Emblem but now that there is 1 for the DS, im good. Im selling Chain of Memories because ive beaten it a few times and i dont really want to play it anymore.

Kasrinok

Has anybody even heard about games that are going to be made specifically for the DSI yet? They usually do but I havent heard of anything yet.

darkheart709

Bronze Member
some of the art style games are good, also the web browser and flip note studio are free for download

Kasrinok

some of the art style games are good, also the web browser and flip note studio are free for download

I forgot ALL about the web browser, i have wifi throughout my whole house, do you know if the web browser is the same as a computer web browser or is it going to be like the PSP type?

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
dude just get the dsi because i just got one and really i never play gamebor advance games or anything, but just in case i have my old sp so i can play my old pokemon games for gameboy color and my advance games so get the dsi they might start coming out with dsi exclusive games and content

L

linkin028

Well im sure there will be games specifically for the DSi i mean why woulndt they. Heart gold and Soul Silver (remakes of Pokemon Gold and Silver) are going to be made for the DSi since it is including a poke walker they made to give exp to pokemon while your going throughj your normal life.

Kasrinok

dude just get the dsi because i just got one and really i never play gamebor advance games or anything, but just in case i have my old sp so i can play my old pokemon games for gameboy color and my advance games so get the dsi they might start coming out with dsi exclusive games and content

Funny thing is, I just sold m SP to a friend because i didnt have any GBA games in mind that i planned on playing again... lol. I just need a few more $$ then i should be able to buy 1, i really wanted the White DSI from Japan but its like $240 off of Ebay, i guess ill just buy a black 1. Im sure they will make explusives but if they make some just because of the picture feature, i dont think it will be that good lol

VagueSimplicity

Awards
DSi would've been better if it had just kept the GBA slot (only would've taken about 4mm more, but they thought it needed to be slimmer for some reason), but I don't see the camera or the DSiWare as a real necessity so I just got myself a DS Lite. I bet Nintendo will make some dousche decsion in a year and actually release some Super Mega Ultra DS that has all of these features included so they can make more money.

Anyway, it's all about preference really.
DSi = DS Slot + Downloadable content + Crappy quality camera you can play around with + Internet Browser + SD Card slot (every gamer)
DS Lite = DS Slot + GBA Slot (hardcore gamer)

Kasrinok

Anyway, it's all about preference really.
DSi = DS Slot + Downloadable content + Crappy quality camera you can play around with + Internet Browser + SD Card slot (every gamer)
DS Lite = DS Slot + GBA Slot (hardcore gamer)

Im really looking forward to the Web browser, i personally have 3 laptops and 1 desktop computer but same as the PSP i think it would be funner just to walk around wherever in m house without carrying something huge or having to sit down at a computer desk and check well KHI and Facebook.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur
I'm gonna have to buy one, or buy another Lite, because the R button on my Lite doesn't work and the hinge is a bit broken. They need to make them less fragile.

State

Awards
DSi, it's like a PSP, only that it comes with an integrated camera.

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan
seriously who cares about the gba slot, if you wanted to play them, then just get an sp which if you were a hardcore gamer you would still have. but get whatever you fancy, whatever seems better. and the internet browser isnt that great fyi, but the picture thing is great i have over 200 pictures of friends, family, and me so i really like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back