• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you be buying the Nintendo Switch at launch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters

Veevee

Awards
I'm happy to see they ported Puzzle Quest to the Switch. Had it on my PSP and loved it, but hated the PSP as a console. Will definitely get this someday.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
So after all this time I finally got a Nintendo Switch and Breath of the Wild! Super excited to play it when I get off work tonight.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Bestest case scenario

78664-maui-mallard-in-cold-shadow-snes-front-cover.jpg

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
My heart wants it to be Kingdom Hearts, but my mind says it's gonna be Epic Mickey.
I really don't want that to be the case. Not that I don't like Epic Mickey, but it's an IP that'd I see getting a remaster, not a full blown remake/reboot. An older classic would be more deserving.

Liiiiiiiike
I just really love this game okay?!?!

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
That it seems to be Switch only is curious, I can't think of much that wouldn't multi-platform. Like EM would probably be multi-plat even if the 1st one was Wii exclusive, unless Disney doesn't have ewnough faith in it doing well on non-nintendo systems..

-Disney Afternoon Collection finally getting released on Switch?

-KH3? A "de-make" so that the Switch gets at least some sort of version?

-Figureless Disney Infinity was one suggestion I saw. The PC version of DI3.0 has a gold edition that includes all characters without needing figures. They could pretty much just straight port that.

-Probably not Star Wars or Marvel because it would likely say so on the site.

-Any of the actual video game IPs Disney has including Split/Second, Turok*, or Spectropes.

*Disney owns/owned Turok BTW, how wild is that?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Nintendo Files New Trademark for Mario & Luigi Series in Argentina

mario-luigi-trademark.jpg

While rather standard for video game trademarks nowadays, it should be noted that the trademark also covers mobile game purposes, meaning that this could be a possible option.

---

I honestly can't see them casually making a Mario & Luigi mobile game for the sake of adding it to the list of Nintendo IP's that have a mobile version, but rather perhaps with the purpose of expanding brand awareness for this spinoff series and then releasing a Switch game.

Veevee

Awards
Has anyone tried Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2? I really want to try it but I wonder if it's actually worth spending money

On the Switch or in general?
I played it on PS4 and liked it. I'd say it depends on what you expect from a Dragonball game - it doesn't do anything vastly different from other entries. You basically play the same story as everytime (with some nice little tweak here and there), the combat is decent (not too deep, but also not super flat), the graphics look fine, the music is good. Ah, I also liked the new characters, the supreme Kai of time is pretty cute and derpy and I like her. I liked the customisation options - not only that you can pick a race, but that every race plays a little different.

What I probably enjoyed most about the game were little things outside of the main story. For example, you can decide who you side with in some instances which leads to some enjoyable dialogue, there are a lot of teachers (I trained under every one of them because I liked the dialogue it offered), there's a ton of missions, clothes, collectibles, you can basically play a lot or just a little, as you wish. I haven't tried any of the DLCs though, so I can't speak about them, but Xenoverse 2 is basically a big upgrade from Xenoverse 1 (if you played that).

So, overall, I'd say - yes, give it a try, it won't blow you away (Dragonball games hardly ever do that), but you'll have a solid, fun adventure with a lot to do.

On the Switch or in general?
I played it on PS4 and liked it. I'd say it depends on what you expect from a Dragonball game - it doesn't do anything vastly different from other entries. You basically play the same story as everytime (with some nice little tweak here and there), the combat is decent (not too deep, but also not super flat), the graphics look fine, the music is good. Ah, I also liked the new characters, the supreme Kai of time is pretty cute and derpy and I like her. I liked the customisation options - not only that you can pick a race, but that every race plays a little different.

What I probably enjoyed most about the game were little things outside of the main story. For example, you can decide who you side with in some instances which leads to some enjoyable dialogue, there are a lot of teachers (I trained under every one of them because I liked the dialogue it offered), there's a ton of missions, clothes, collectibles, you can basically play a lot or just a little, as you wish. I haven't tried any of the DLCs though, so I can't speak about them, but Xenoverse 2 is basically a big upgrade from Xenoverse 1 (if you played that).

So, overall, I'd say - yes, give it a try, it won't blow you away (Dragonball games hardly ever do that), but you'll have a solid, fun adventure with a lot to do.
thanks! I might give it a try

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
After 6 months of no general direct, we get a mini direct:

Actually kind of neat to see Clubhouse Games back. Still no KH or 1st 6 FF yet.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
After 6 months of no general direct, we get a mini direct:

Actually kind of neat to see Clubhouse Games back. Still no KH or 1st 6 FF yet.
They're obvious saving the big guns for E3. Even though the E3 showfloor itself won't happen, each company will still be doing online presentations this year as far as I can tell.

I'm personally excited for Xenoblade, and Bravely Default II

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I presume the e3 presentation will focus on games coming this year and titles that will come a year from now. Hopefully we get more Bayonetta 3 deets. Bayo 3 @ e3. It even makes sense, *snort*

Back