• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

No BBS on PSN....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I thought I should make a thread about this, giving a reason why BBS won't be on the PSN.

I found it here-----

Explanation why BbS is not on the PSN, nor Demos [Archive] - KH-Vids.Net Forum

I searched for threads informing people why SE haven't uploaded BbS into the PSN, or why no demos have been released to the public - just in controlled areas. But since none were found, I'll post one up! If this is in a wrong sec or someone already posted this in KH-Vids, let me know.

(trust me, NO spoilers beyond this point)

Ok. Getting all techky here so if you don't get it, ask =]

The UMD released with a 6.20 PSP OFW update in order to play it.
Some people in the US, Japan, and China, have been working hard to play it on their Memory Sticks. (not just because of this game, but for future games with 6.20 OFW).

Couple days later, major coders and hackers gave up since the codes inside the game (EBOOT.BIN) were too complex, and also because of the fact that the game itself checks for CFW 4 FREAKING TIMES!

During Game Boot
During Saving
After finishing a wold
Autosaving

The checks were discovered using methods not allowed to discussed in this forum, but proved real by gamers.

"Why would you care?"

There is another check that finds out if the game is being loaded from the MS. When it's activated, it crashes the game. Because it was made to act this way, there is no PSN download available. Imagine that you shell out 50 bucks for a PSN game that won't even start on your PSP GO or Slim or Phat because it was meant to crash when booting from a Memory other than the UMD..........

**throws PSP Go at a bravia tv @bestbuy like the EU commercial**

"Okay, so that's why no PSN....?"

Disney doesn't like Pirates, besides their own from the Caribbean.
When they found out games were getting cracked pretty easily on the PSP, Disney ordered SE NOT to release any public demos (unlike any other hyped games like FF) to prevent the game being distributed illegally.

This goes all the way back to KH1. That's why no free demos were given... There are some rumors that a KH2 demo was released with another game, but I don't know if that's true... Prob'ly not.

This game is just the 1st of many more to come that will put an end to piracy on the PSP. Now, I don't want to piss people off by saying
"ooh! you're a hacker, and your time is up!"
or
"ooh! i'm a hacker and I am going to hell and get squirrlaids"
(RWJ) lol

This thread was made to those who have ?'s about why this and why that about the game and not the content.
Also to let people catch up in case they were following the events.

Again, if you got other questions NOT REGARDING where to get some stuff, or links to "THOSE" sites, feel free to ask.

So, according to this, BBS won't be on the PSN because it crashes, and Disney doesn't want it to become pirated.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
nice catch bud! Now everyone is gonna have to get the UMD version of it!

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Another reason why the PSP Go is pointless

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I feel really bad now for people who bought the PSP Go...Sony should reimberse them or something because thats a bit unfair...they pay MORE money and they get LESS games...

AlbertJ

Awards
The only way the psp go would have actually made sense is if it was cheaper that a normal psp. And the more games get pirated, the less companies are going to want their games available for download. Im glad Disney is standing up for KH like this.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I feel bad for the people crying with that junky piece 'o junk. And I would NEVER hack a PSP, I respect gaming companies to much to steal from them... Sorry Charlie ;D

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I feel bad for a friend of mine. He bought a Go sometime last year for BBS especially.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I do believe that a few months ago we got a scan showing that there was no PSP Go symbol
Besides, I have used a Go and it sucks

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I played a demo on the Go last time I went to Best Buy. Even after trying it out I couldn't understand why people would buy one for the physical aspects alone (yes, I know people who actually did that). I'm glad my 1000 still works just fine after all these years.

Jakek9

I feel bad for the people crying with that junky piece 'o junk. And I would NEVER hack a PSP, I respect gaming companies to much to steal from them... Sorry Charlie ;D

Dude, I tottally agree. Other people can hack and Torrent all they want, i have respect for the people who spent weeks of they're lives trying to create just one game.
I played a demo on the Go last time I went to Best Buy. Even after trying it out I couldn't understand why people would buy one for the physical aspects alone (yes, I know people who actually did that). I'm glad my 1000 still works just fine after all these years.
lol, I still can't believe I have mine. I NEVER play it, and I've had it for years.

disneyboy20022

Well..my plans are simplified now....I will get the Bundle I pre-ordered, But i'll still keep the go as I do have a few games on it and also Disney does have PS1 Games on the PSN Network that would fit better on my go than on a memory stick of the the regular PSPs.. Also I think BBS might be on PSN in the future...not in the foreseeable one so I am getting the Bundle from Gamestop but I wonder if Disney is working on something with SE to work out these bugs or crashes....since they released these Disney PS1 Games back in July....

Although I can imagine A hacker might want to hack and get BBS as opposed to Toy Story Racers or A bug's Life from the first playstation

PlayStation Store Update – PlayStation Blog

PSone Classics
The Emperor’s New Groove ($5.99)
Emperor Kuzco was turned into a llama by him loyal advisor! Now, he must team up with a simple citizen in order to return to the palace and reclaim the throne! Download this PS one classic today!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 381 MB

Hercules ($5.99)
Play as Hercules and go from zero to hero! Battle through a series of action-packed levels to prove you are a true hero! Download this PS one classic today!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 213 MB

A Bug’s Life ($5.99)
Play the role of Flik, a klutzy but inventive worker ant, as he searches for other insects to help defend his colony against the cruel grasshoppers! Download this PS one classic today!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 479 MB

Toy Story Racer ($5.99)
Join all of the Toy Story crew in this fun racer! Use your power-ups and put the pedal down to cross the finish line first! Download this PS one classic today!
ESRB Rated E
File size: 138 MB
'l'

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
^ I actually have those games, except for the Emperor's New Groove. Good times, good times...

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Well..my plans are simplified now....I will get the Bundle I pre-ordered, But i'll still keep the go as I do have a few games on it and also Disney does have PS1 Games on the PSN Network that would fit better on my go than on a memory stick of the the regular PSPs.. Also I think BBS might be on PSN in the future...not in the foreseeable one so I am getting the Bundle from Gamestop but I wonder if Disney is working on something with SE to work out these bugs or crashes....since they released these Disney PS1 Games back in July....

Although I can imagine A hacker might want to hack and get BBS as opposed to Toy Story Racers or A bug's Life from the first playstation

PlayStation Store Update – PlayStation Blog

'l'

The way that the review on the reason why it isn't going to be on the PSN, also says that Disney doesn't want it pirated. So even if it was fixed, it still wouldn't, because of that sole reason. IMO.

And your examples are PS1 classics, and a lot of people have played those games before. And/or they own the original game.

They are not new games that most people haven't played...and they wanna make some sales. Which is what they want with BBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back