• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

No final fantsy character

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
FF is more optional (well the new ones) than the Disney one. the ones already introduced in kh1 seem to hold the main role. Disney needs it more than FF in KH

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Well then let's see those "main roles" have some sort of presence within the evolving series. Disney has had a more present role in KH than FF, and while there's a certain context behind the roles of Final Fantasy characters within Kingdom Hearts don't just abandon them completely.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Well then let's see those "main roles" have some sort of presence within the evolving series. Disney has had a more present role in KH than FF, and while there's a certain context behind the roles of Final Fantasy characters within Kingdom Hearts don't just abandon them completely.

that's sort of why i don't think any new ff characters will have a permanent role. i doubt characters like yuna, rikku, paine, setzer, and Auron will be returning but they could. their roles seem more of a one-shot type. maybe new ff characters will come up, but i doubt they will be equal to Squall and the gang (recurring).

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Right, the cameos are pretty much one-shots (like most Disney characters) and they have a minor context within whatever world they're in and whatnot. But you can feel that the Final Fantasy characters' arc revolved around Radiant Garden in Kingdom Hearts I and II, but it's gone after that and is given up to Organization Random. Thankfully and hopefully since their arc is thoroughly beaten to death, the Final Fantasy cameos (at least in Radiant Garden) can regain some limelight they had in the previous titles.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Right, the cameos are pretty much one-shots (like most Disney characters) and they have a minor context within whatever world they're in and whatnot. But you can feel that the Final Fantasy characters' arc revolved around Radiant Garden in Kingdom Hearts I and II, but it's gone after that and is given up to Organization Random. Thankfully and hopefully since their arc is thoroughly beaten to death, the Final Fantasy cameos (at least in Radiant Garden) can regain some limelight they had in the previous titles.
well disney are different type of one-shot than FF. FF is more like a chapter while Disney is more of like one volume.

organization isn't returning, only their somebodies, and considering their original names were though of when they were being created shows they put some effort in them. i doubt they will have the same role as their nobodies. either way i prefer less FF.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
well disney are different type of one-shot than FF. FF is more like a chapter while Disney is more of like one volume.
The Disney characters are just as self-contained within their worlds for the most part. (Donald, Mickey, and Goofy are the only real main exceptions.)

organization isn't returning, only their somebodies, and considering their original names were though of when they were being created shows they put some effort in them. i doubt they will have the same role as their nobodies.

I don't particularly think there was an exhaustive effort to give each Organization member's role a meaning right off the bat just because they switched around the names and put Xs in them. It's more of a way to throw in a whole bunch of new and interesting character designs and traits without giving them much meaning. That and recent interviews with Nomura seem to indicate that a lot of the story is dictated as they go along. It's something I see you see in serialized anime. But I think the topic of the Organization is better served in another topic as not to derail this one.

either way i prefer less FF.

I'd rather have a similar amount and context they had in KH1, but to each his own.

Allister Rose

French Lover
The Disney characters are just as self-contained within their worlds for the most part. (Donald, Mickey, and Goofy are the only real main exceptions.
I'd rather have a similar amount and context they had in KH1, but to each his own.
but disney still hold a larger role than FF>

and FF does usually have similar ammount of context it had in kh1. and i agree it should stay similar to that of kh, though i can't imagine more FFs to play the same role squall and the ff7 gang did. maybe more closer to zack or auron's role.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
but disney still hold a larger role than FF>

Larger in the context of more cameos, but there are elements of Final Fantasy in Kingdom Hearts that extend beyond characters and locales.

and FF does usually have similar ammount of context it had in kh1. and i agree it should stay similar to that of kh, though i can't imagine more FFs to play the same role squall and the ff7 gang did. maybe more closer to zack or auron's role.

Well, that's where they come up with new roles to continue that through-line of that arc if they don't feel up to having these same characters return. The series seems to throw new characters at us all the time, so it's not necessarily taboo. Sure, the small cameos are okay, if a bit unfulfilling.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Well, that's where they come up with new roles to continue that through-line of that arc if they don't feel up to having these same characters return. The series seems to throw new characters at us all the time, so it's not necessarily taboo. Sure, the small cameos are okay, if a bit unfulfilling.

well i think it is taboo. we can't just get rid of them if they just evolved into more than a simple cameo (like auron, or setzer). they do throw new ff characters but it's not like all of the new ones will be returning. i think the major roles of FF is already filled. and i don't think FF could be greater than KH original world. so all the roles FF had will be replaced with the new kh original characters.

FF is more of a third wheel in kh. and i doubt FF makes kh. it was just necessary at first.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
well i think it is taboo. we can't just get rid of them if they just evolved into more than a simple cameo (like auron, or setzer). they do throw new ff characters but it's not like all of the new ones will be returning. i think the major roles of FF is already filled. and i don't think FF could be greater than KH original world. so all the roles FF had will be replaced with the new kh original characters.
Then they should be expanding on those roles instead of creating new ones, and they shouldn't be replaced with KH original characters just for the sake of giving new character designs some context.
FF is more of a third wheel in kh. and i doubt FF makes kh. it was just necessary at first.
If there's any party in KH that's a third wheel, it's the Organization. Final Fantasy isn't a third wheel in the sense that it's awkward because it's there, a lot of Kingdom Hearts in it's design and it's narrative mirrors Final Fantasy. That's pretty much Kingdom Hearts in concept.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Then they should be expanding on those roles instead of creating new ones, and they shouldn't be replaced with KH original characters just for the sake of giving new character designs some context.

If there's any party in KH that's a third wheel, it's the Organization. Final Fantasy isn't a third wheel in the sense that it's awkward because it's there, a lot of Kingdom Hearts in it's design and it's narrative mirrors Final Fantasy. That's pretty much Kingdom Hearts in concept.
well theres not much to expand. i doubt squal and the gang will be replaced by kh. but i can't see them being further expanded. so which is it? to be expanded or to have it similar to kh1?

as for organization 13, they're gone. so the example isn't working as great. their somebodies could return into the series and I'm positive a carefully developed kh original can replace certain FF characters (like yuna, rikku, paine) but not the ones who have appeared more than 2 games

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
well theres not much to expand. i doubt squal and the gang will be replaced by kh. but i can't see them being further expanded. so which is it? to be expanded or to have it similar to kh1?
Nomura's privy to making things up as he goes along. And as I clearly stated before, having the characters with a similar context as KH1 would be what I find ideal for future titles. Expansion refers to extending their arc throughout the series.
as for organization 13, they're gone. so the example isn't working as great. their somebodies could return into the series and I'm positive a carefully developed kh original can replace certain FF characters (like yuna, rikku, paine) but not the ones who have appeared more than 2 games
Yeah, but that crater they left in the series' overall narrative is still quite fresh. And it's not a matter of if an original character "can" replace a Final Fantasy character, it's a question of "should they"? And hopefully the answer is no.

prjio307

I live in New York, in the Rochester area

Well they're not necessarily GONE. Nomura mentioned that when a nobody fades away, if their heart hasn't been stolen by a heartless (or gets released from a heartless by a keyblade) they would return to their original form. So while the organization is pretty much disbanded, they're probably not going to completely disappear from the series.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
I'd rather see the series expand on both Disney and FF, but a greater balance is certainly needed either way.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i personally think it's already in balance. as for shamdeo, i do believe KH original can and possibly should replace certain roles of FF. not all of them, the irreplaceable ones are squall and the gang, and possibly the destiny island and traverse town gang. other than those, i can definitively see KH taking more roles than FF. in kh1 selphie, wakka and tidus were SRK's friend, but in kh2, they made complete originals such as hayner pence and ollette even though rai, fuu, Vivi and seifer could've taken that role and simplified roxas's scenario.

I'm not saying K should replace every role of FF. but if i had to decide between kh original character over a simple cameo, i would choose kh original to fill the role. i can't imagine any new FF characters having permanent roles in kh other than the ones in kh1-kh2. basically it's like this kH>Disney>FF

For The King

NO but sersiosly FF and Disney is what really did make KH, so since people are saying we should get rid of FF i would prefer if they reduced disney a bit

I would hate if they reduced Disney, Disney was what attracted me to the series more so than the FF aspect. While it was nice to have FF characters it doesn't bother me they've been using them less, as long as they don't get rid of them completely I see no issue. FF has always sort of taken back seat for me when it comes to KH anyway. The way they have it now works for me. I play KH for the story, original characters, & Disney worlds. However, this is all my opinion of course.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Both FF and Disney have taken a back seat to me. I personally think that SE feels the same way.

For The King

I personally think that SE feels the same way.
How so? If you don't mind me asking.

I personally think they are trying to make Disney a bigger aspect than before, from everything I've seen from BBS it looks like Disney is far more involved with the story and game than it was in previous games.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I wanna make a counterargument, but it involves pseudo-spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back