• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

No Man's Sky - PS4 Aug 9/PC Aug 12

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Re: No Man's Sky - delayed

plenty of grown men do this shit, don't kid yourself.
it isn't an industry-wide problem just because a handful of twelve year olds lol

the average gamer is 31 after all.

KHRULER

Awards

A whole month of IGN covering this game and it gets delayed. A lot of people are angry but I feel indifferent about it. I've pretty much kept my expectations low so I wouldn't be disappointed. I doubt they will show much at E3 if they still are.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

plenty of grown men do this shit, don't kid yourself.
it isn't an industry-wide problem just because a handful of twelve year olds lol

the average gamer is 31 after all.

I don't know what else to say besides you're wrong? Or rather you're making assumptions that aren't logical. If some grown men are sending the death threats (which is probably true) then it's reasonable to say that those people have some sort of psychological problem or are mentally unstable. What I'm pretty sure is most likely is that it's a bunch of teens and preteens who don't really know how to handle their emotions and are throwing tantrums.

Not to mention I think calling it an "industry-wide problem" is blowing it out of proportion or at least being unfair to the gaming industry. Death threats happen in all industries and circles. Like take Selena Gomez for example. She received tons of death threats when she was dating the Beibs. Do you mean to tell me that a bunch of 30 year old men and women were the ones sending the death threats over her making kiss-kiss with baby-boy Justin?

I guess because of anonymity there aren't really any statistics on the demographics of death-threaters. The average gamer being 31 doesn't really tell us anything either.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I don't know what else to say besides you're wrong? Or rather you're making assumptions that aren't logical. If some grown men are sending the death threats (which is probably true) then it's reasonable to say that those people have some sort of psychological problem or are mentally unstable. What I'm pretty sure is most likely is that it's a bunch of teens and preteens who don't really know how to handle their emotions and are throwing tantrums.

Not to mention I think calling it an "industry-wide problem" is blowing it out of proportion or at least being unfair to the gaming industry .

Dunno, man. I've never seen anyone throw a tantrum like an entitled gamer dude who doesn't get his way. (It should go without saying, but YES not all gamer guys are like this, obviously, I'm not - you're not, etc etc)

Like, check out this thread about the article: Since you like lerking around here, you're getting what you deserve JASON. Suck it. - Imgur

The reality is that most people in those situations are...difficult. There actually are some studies done on it: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...rolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists

Though, shitty people come in all shapes, sizes, and ages, that much is true.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Re: No Man's Sky - Delayed to August 9th

People are mostly angry because No Man's Sky's devs set a release date, and instead of releasing it on that day, they pushed the release date back. This occurred afaik after it pulled up on Steam for prepurchase.

TL;DR When companies/devs set a date for something, consumers expect that to be set in stone, otherwise pandaemonium

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

People are mostly angry because No Man's Sky's devs set a release date, and instead of releasing it on that day, they pushed the release date back. This occurred afaik after it pulled up on Steam for prepurchase.

TL;DR When companies/devs set a date for something, consumers expect that to be set in stone, otherwise pandaemonium

I get that, but delays are a reality of the gaming industry.

KHRULER

Awards

New trailer with 3 more coming until launch.

[video=youtube;7AVmI73va4g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AVmI73va4g[/video]

KHRULER

Awards

New trailer leaked the day before it was officially released. Australia dun screwed up.

[video=youtube;4dOk2uBTYAE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dOk2uBTYAE[/video]

KHRULER

Awards

New trailer out sooner than expected.
[video=youtube;S_Oaf6Ol8U4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Oaf6Ol8U4[/video]

KHRULER

Awards
Re: No Man's Sky - August 9th

Last of the four trailers.

[video=youtube;1jpHldhY_V0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jpHldhY_V0[/video]

KHRULER

Awards
Re: No Man's Sky - August 9th

Launch trailer :) My copy of the LE will be arriving tomorrow and will post pics

[video=youtube;aozqa_7PLhE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aozqa_7PLhE[/video]

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I want to pick this up, but I think I might hold off a bit.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
I want to pick this up, but I think I might hold off a bit.

Yeah, I don't blame you.

Incoming negative review.

I've put about 12 hours into the game on PS4. My friend is waiting for the PC version, so he's been interested in my experience so far. He even watched me play for a few hours today. Needless to say, he's no longer buying the game. We're still convinced that the game hasn't "opened up" to me yet because the game seems very simplistic and devoid of things to do.

Go to planet > Resources > New Star system > Rinse and repeat. All the planets look the same but with a colour swap, same with the creatures and plants. Trading is very...bland? It's just buying and selling resources. You can't buy upgrades, or blueprints, or weapons. There's no real encounter type stuff, or missions, or anything really except for "You go to a computer, solve this easy puzzle" "Congratulations. Here's the location of some Alien Language/Useless Outpost/Random Building. Maybe there's an NPC or another computer at that location." NPC's don't really do anything except offer to heal you, recharge your shields, give you a random resource, or teach you one word of their language. Not to mention it costs resources to talk to them.

Ship battle are pretty meh. Just fly in circles trying to aim at a guy while your shields take damage. Quickly navigate menus to use yellow resources to manually recharge your shields while being shot. There doesn't really seem to be a story. So far the paths you can take are "Explore on your own. Follow the Atlas path, which helps you follow other paths or continue the Atlas path. And the Centre of the Galaxy Path, which is just the same as exploring on your own, but going towards the centre." And that's the entire game. Explore, see the same thing in different colours, gather resources to warp to the next star system. I'm not surprised that guy finished the game within 30 hours, because there's really nothing else to do except keep moving. You could take the time to explore and find locations that teach you one alien word, but every thing else is just there to help you find blueprints or to help you get more resources.

There needs to be more to this game. It feels like an Early Access game before they start to add the meat of the gameplay. Give me the ability to customise ships, to get different weapons or equipment for both my person and my ship, to build simple things, leave messages for other players or markers. Give me a map so I know what I've discovered and where it is. Maybe the ability to capture wildlife to sell or release on another planet. Missions. Missions like go to X planet/station/system and deliver Y. Capture X amount of wildlife for a guy. Help X by giving resources. Find resources for someone and tell them where it is. Scout a location/planet. Build item/thing X. Take a guy to a location. Form a crew to take care of things. A god damn storage device on space stations or something for items or resources that I don't want to sell but are taking up precious space. Actual bartering. Buying services, like ship repair. I still don't know how to repair a partially damaged ship except for dying on purpose.

More variety in locations and creatures instead of just colour swaps. Every planet is basically "It's this colour. Has these 10 out of 20 animals. Has hazard toxic/radiation/hot/cold. Water? Yes/Probably not." Those are the four things that are different. I'd like to see something like a huge crater, or a city, huge crashed star ships, ancient civilizations, an ice planet, a lava planet, a desert planet, lush forest planets, some sort of character to the planet, a half destroyed moon, planetary rings, more than one sun. Mind you, I've only been to 24 different planets, 6 moons, and 9 star systems, so maybe I'll see something wildly different someday. Honestly the unique planets was something I thought we were going to get, not the blandness we have now.

After saying all that, I'm still going to continue playing to see what else is out there. I refuse to believe that I've seen most of what this game has to offer. I will probably just end up playing it in small pieces maybe once a every day or two. If that day 0 patch has taught me anything, it's that they might be able to add things that will drastically change the way the game is played and what it has to offer.

So far I give this game a 4/10. If anything, being able to explore a universe is a really great idea...provided there's a reason to explore.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Yeah, I don't blame you.

Incoming negative review.

I've put about 12 hours into the game on PS4. My friend is waiting for the PC version, so he's been interested in my experience so far. He even watched me play for a few hours today. Needless to say, he's no longer buying the game. We're still convinced that the game hasn't "opened up" to me yet because the game seems very simplistic and devoid of things to do.

Go to planet > Resources > New Star system > Rinse and repeat. All the planets look the same but with a colour swap, same with the creatures and plants. Trading is very...bland? It's just buying and selling resources. You can't buy upgrades, or blueprints, or weapons. There's no real encounter type stuff, or missions, or anything really except for "You go to a computer, solve this easy puzzle" "Congratulations. Here's the location of some Alien Language/Useless Outpost/Random Building. Maybe there's an NPC or another computer at that location." NPC's don't really do anything except offer to heal you, recharge your shields, give you a random resource, or teach you one word of their language. Not to mention it costs resources to talk to them.

Ship battle are pretty meh. Just fly in circles trying to aim at a guy while your shields take damage. Quickly navigate menus to use yellow resources to manually recharge your shields while being shot. There doesn't really seem to be a story. So far the paths you can take are "Explore on your own. Follow the Atlas path, which helps you follow other paths or continue the Atlas path. And the Centre of the Galaxy Path, which is just the same as exploring on your own, but going towards the centre." And that's the entire game. Explore, see the same thing in different colours, gather resources to warp to the next star system. I'm not surprised that guy finished the game within 30 hours, because there's really nothing else to do except keep moving. You could take the time to explore and find locations that teach you one alien word, but every thing else is just there to help you find blueprints or to help you get more resources.

There needs to be more to this game. It feels like an Early Access game before they start to add the meet of the gameplay. Give me the ability to customise ships, to get different weapons or equipment for both my person and my ship, to build simple things, leave messages for other players or markers. Give me a map so I know what I've discovered and where it is. Maybe the ability to capture wildlife to sell or release on another planet. Missions. Missions like go to X planet/station/system and deliver Y. Capture X amount of wildlife for a guy. Help X by giving resources. Find resources for someone and tell them where it is. Scout a location/planet. Build item/thing X. Take a guy to a location. Form a crew to take care of things. A god damn storage device on space stations or something for items or resources that I don't want to sell but are taking up precious space. Actual bartering. Buying services, like ship repair. I still don't know how to repair a partially damaged ship except for dying on purpose.

More variety in locations and creatures instead of just colour swaps. Every planet is basically "It's this colour. Has these 10 out of 20 animals. Has hazard toxic/radiation/hot/cold. Water? Yes/Probably not." Those are the four things that are different. I'd like to see something like a huge crater, or a city, huge crashed star ships, ancient civilizations, an ice planet, a lava planet, a desert planet, lush forest planets, some sort of character to the planet, a half destroyed moon, planetary rings, move than one sun. Mind you, I've only been to 24 different planets, 6 moons, and 9 star systems, so maybe I'll see something wildly different someday. Honestly the unique planets was something I thought we were going to get, not the blandness we have now.

After saying all that, I'm still going to continue playing to see what else is out there. I refuse to believe that I've seen most of what this game has to offer. I will probably just end up playing it is small pieces maybe once a every day or two. If that day 0 patch has taught me anything, it's that they might be able to add things that will drastically change the way the game is played and what it has to offer.

So far I give this game a 4/10. If anything, being able to explore a universe is a really great idea...provided there's a reason to explore.

Solid review and well written. Don't worry, you're not the only one.

I was under the impression the game would be diverse, but it seems like I (and many) have been fooled.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I did some digging around, and decided to get the game. Just picked up the last copy at GameStop and am not home, so I currently don't have an opinion yet. From the people I heard from, the more you travel along the main path (maybe it's called the Atlas Path or something, I'm not sure), the more varied and spectacular the planets you visit get.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
[video=youtube;-Lr1iSMjQMI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Lr1iSMjQMI[/video]

SephirothZ

Solid review and well written. Don't worry, you're not the only one.

I was under the impression the game would be diverse, but it seems like I (and many) have been fooled.

They never showed anything though in their announcements and trailers. this game was never demonstrated to be more than a giant scavenging game. The concept of the game is fantastic with the procedurally-generated UNIVERSE, but I saw this nothing more than a tech demonstration. A game needs substance and No Man's Sky never showed me any.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
There's quite a bit of controversy surrounding this game. It was said that you could meet other players, even if it would rarely happen due to the scale of the universe. Two players were at the same place at the same time on launch day but couldn't see each other. Then it was revealed that the game box had an online icon on it that had been covered up by a sticker. Hello Games has been very vague and ambiguous throughout the entire marketing campaign but the general consensus is that they did confirm some form of online interactivity. There is none in the final game. And yeah, it does seem to be more of a glorified tech demo than anything else.

Something tells me this game would have been better off as a new "Journey".

EDIT: This is gold!

UBbmkyx.png

Last edited:

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Something tells me this game would have been better off as a new "Journey".

Nah, that would piss even more people off. Coincidentally, I just played Journey for the first time yesterday. Great game. I've played through it 6 times now. Got every trophy except for the one that needs me to play the game again after not playing for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back