• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

No Man's Sky - PS4 Aug 9/PC Aug 12

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KHRULER

Awards
No Man's Sky is a space sci-fi game based on exploration and survival in a procedurally generated universe. Everyone will start on a random planet on the outer rim of a galaxy. The ultimate goal of the game it to get to the center of the galaxy. It will take around 2 hours to leave the first planet you start on and around 40-100 hours to get to the center. The game will be releasing on PC and PS4.
header.jpg

No Man's Sky is being produced by the company Hello Games. Hello Games is a small indie studio who are also behind the Joe Danger series. Hello Games was founded in 2009 by former EA employees Sean Genius Murray and Grant Duncan. The Hello Games office was flooded on Christmas Eve 2013 but they didn't let this set them back.
hello-games2-425x318.jpg

There are 18 quintillion planets (18,446,744,073,709,551,616) in the game and the chances of running into another player are beyond slim. The planets are planet sized planets, meaning you can walk around the planet and it can take days, weeks, or possibly even a month from start to finish. Planets can range from lush garden worlds to barren, toxic, or lava worlds. 90% of the planets will be barren with no life while the remaining 10% will. Whether it be be 100 planets, 1000 planets, or 1 million planets, 10% is 10%. Planets may also have moons orbiting them which some may have life on. You can also name planets and creatures by uploading them to the atlas. There will be a profanity filter but some will find ways around that, I'm sure of it.

vwelxqJ.gif

There will also be guardians of planets. These guardians are called sentinels. Sentinels are not on every planet but can be a pain when exploring a planet. Attacking/killing an animal, attacking sentinels, mining heavily, or destroying buildings will draw their attention towards you. Doing these things will start you off with a star in the wanted level; containing 5 stars. When 5 stars are achieved, you may be hunted through the galaxy. You can get rid of your wanted level by evading/hiding or flying off into space.

450px-Virtus_VI.png
no-mans-sky-e3-2015-ps4-sony-video-game-screenshots-6-679x512.jpg

Factions and NPCs are also in the game. Forming a relationship with factions can help assist you in you combat and will give you rewards. Becoming an enemy will cause them to attack you. You will be given opitions to communicate the NPCs. The better you interact with NPCs, the higher your repuation will be with that faction.

xn5JuH821NtbIwtUSTz02ySTiE4xjPM6Df3WIdWaPGh5uA9abFEBMGpjeftflak9hU9T1hzcuKx-KzpAIrkxHw=w426-h240-n

Starships allow you to travel through almost endless space. There are three types of starships. Fighter, Trader, and Explorer. Fighter ships are suited for combat; equipped to taking some damage. Trader ships enable you to carry more cargo but are slower than fighter ships. Explorer ships are meant primarily for exploring. They are the fastest type of ship and are designed with a better hyperdrive. Hyperdrives are used to travel quickly from one solar system to another in a shorter amount of time. Hyperdrives require resources and elements to continue using. Ships along with weapons, animals, planets, and most things in the game are procedurally generated.

giphy.gif

Many things I missed out on can be explained in the following videos.
I have been following this game for almost two years and have anticipated it ever since I first found out about it. The "main goal" of the game is to reach the center of the galaxy and will be for most people. Those who enjoy endless exploration will surely love this game.

Last edited:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Re: No Man's Sky June 21, 2016

I'm almost positive we had a thread on this, but guess not.

It's definitely been intriguing to me for the past year or so since they've been talking about it. Not sure I'll get it at launch, but more than likely I'll get to it when it's on sale.

Needless to say the ambition for this project is ridiculous.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com

I'm almost positive we had a thread on this, but guess not.
We did. It was not at all very active though.

http://forums.khinsider.com/video-games/206635-no-mans-sky.html

Personally, I'm not feeling the game. It's all very impressive and visually interesting, but as someone who primarily plays games for story and narrative, endless procedural generated worlds don't sound too appealing to me. I will keep an eye on it though, see how it fares. I wish there'd be some sort of demo.

Last edited:

KHRULER

Awards

We did. It was not at all very active though.

http://forums.khinsider.com/video-games/206635-no-mans-sky.html

Personally, I'm not feeling the game. It's all very impressive and visually interesting, but as someone who primarily plays games for story and narrative, endless procedural generated worlds don't sound too appealing to me. I will keep an eye on it though, see how it fares. I wish there'd be some sort of demo.

I searched for an existing thread on Khinsider search engine but nothing came up. I was surprised seeing there wasn't a thread, or at least I thought.

I personally have an interest in space and astronomy so I'm looking forward to this game (though it is not scientifically accurate). I've always thought of a game like this or something similar and it's basically a dream come true seeing that it is actually being made. I may not be able to explore the cosmos in my lifetime but at least I have a game to substitute that for me and that's all I can ask for...and maybe a Limited Edition for an art book...

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Re: No Man's Sky - delayed

Well MN9 & FF15 are finally coming out so something had to fill the ol' Duke Nukem void.

TheGingerCat

Or the 12th August for the UK, because we always get games last for some reason. 2 days after Europe even though we are in Europe.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

They do realize that killing the devs will cancel the game indefinitely, right?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Do they think that far? I don't think so.
People are so ridiculously crazy.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Loudmouthed, obnoxious jerks are the problem. A lot of people fall into that category.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

tbh i hope they suspend it indefinitely. fucking grown men have to be punished like babies and learn to act like adults.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

tbh i hope they suspend it indefinitely. diddlying grown men have to be punished like babies and learn to act like adults.

If we're being totally honest here, most of those people aren't grown men. If anyone actually thinks that, they're deluded. Grown men don't have the time to send death threats over a video game getting delayed a few weeks. 12 years olds have plenty of time to though. Autistic men might too. None of those death threats should be taken seriously either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back