• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NO SPOILERS PLEASE: Anyone Else Have Problems With Limit Cut Boss Fights

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

deScourge

I made it to Master Xehanort... Xion took like 3-4 hours. I tried Master Xehanort for maybe 2 hours and I don't think my hands can handle the insanity anymore for today lol. Even though I wish I could breeze straight to the story stuff and have these fights on the side, I like that they make you earn the story stuff that is allegedly after you clear the data battles.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Venitas

I cannot for the life of me get the Luxord fight down. It's not really a hard fight, but I feel like Sora's movements are too quick and slippery and I'll frequently hit the wrong card by mistake. I only have him left before Xion and master xehanort so this is extremely frustrating

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I cannot for the life of me get the Luxord fight down. It's not really a hard fight, but I feel like Sora's movements are too quick and slippery and I'll frequently hit the wrong card by mistake. I only have him left before Xion and master xehanort so this is extremely frustrating
Spoiler Spoiler Show

MRKDH

Awards
It‘s nice to see i am not the only one who has so much trouble with these guys. I thought on standard mode they wouldn‘t be so hard. I‘ve only defeated 8 of them and already wanted to throw my controller against the screen multiple times and i‘m asking myself: „why am i still doing this?“😂

SweetYetSalty

Awards
It‘s nice to see i am not the only one who has so much trouble with these guys. I thought on standard mode they wouldn‘t be so hard. I‘ve only defeated 8 of them and already wanted to throw my controller against the screen multiple times and i‘m asking myself: „why am i still doing this?“😂
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Wallflower3582

Yeah after like three hours and fifty attempts on just one boss I wanted to throw things too lol

But it does make it all that much more satisfying when you do finally get it. I guess that's why we put ourselves through this torment

MRKDH

Awards
Yeah after like three hours and fifty attempts on just one boss I wanted to throw things too lol

But it does make it all that much more satisfying when you do finally get it. I guess that's why we put ourselves through this torment

Yeah you’re right and it feels really great when you finally defeated one of them. But now the only members left are these i was afraid the most; Ansem, Terranort, Vanitas, Xion and Xehanort . I‘ve hated fighting a few of them in previous games and i‘m sure they are even worse now. But i can‘t wait until i’m finally through.^^

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
OMFG YES! I learned his pattern, but I was using Ultima Weapon which the individual swipe was so wide that it ended up hitting the correct and wrong card, which prompted an explosion and major damage. Swapping to another keyblade (like Kingdom Key) helped me.

mouflon

Awards
I’ve beaten all the bosses at level 99 on Proud. I mainly used Ultima but ocasionally used Oathkeeper depending on the boss. I always kept a Kupo Coins around, too, ‘cause why not if they’re there. Unfortunately the whole thing is mostly a blur so I can’t recall a lot of the attack patterns, but here are some general tips & tips for each of the bosses though:

edit: so my dumb brain mixed up and I've called Guard 'Block' here a few times, sorry.

Just noticed the 'NO SPOILERS PLEASE'; I've detailed the boss fights below so am not sure if that would constitute spoilers or not, but if you wanna see the bosses with fresh eyes don't read this:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

If anybody finds these useful and want more, I may load up my file and take better notes for some of the bosses I don't remember well. Maybe give my actual equipped abilities and stuff, which I don’t remember either… jeez, my brain.

Last edited:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I think it helps not to treat these fights as a speedrun. It is OK to take hours or days to beat them, after all rushing things just takes the flavor out of the experience. I am in no rush to finish them, so for know I'm getting my body to build muscle memory to the patterns.

Wallflower3582

Rage Form is especially good as (as far as I can tell) if you rapidly press the Triangle function (forget the name; it lowers HP to increase attack or something; Rage Charge maybe?) and then use the finisher to exit the form, you can maintain invincibility from the moment of Form Change to the moment Sora reverts back to his regular form. This allows time for MP to recharge if you need it. Don’t worry if you don’t deal any damage to the boss—it’s just to cheese some extra seconds for MP recovery for a Curaga, some breathing room, to block an attack or what have you.
This is mostly true, I used this strategy quite a bit, but there's like one frame in-between spamming triangle to power up where you're not invincible, and I've been laid out a few times cos of it…

mouflon

Awards
Ah, that's a shame. I didn't realise. I suppose I just got super-lucky with it since I never got hit whenever I used it that way.

There were a few times I did get beat because I accidentally activated Rage Form when I didn't want to though, so there's also that risk to it as well.

Soldier

Awards
I’ve beaten all the bosses at level 99 on Proud. I mainly used Ultima but ocasionally used Oathkeeper depending on the boss. I always kept a Kupo Coins around, too, ‘cause why not if they’re there. Unfortunately the whole thing is mostly a blur so I can’t recall a lot of the attack patterns, but here are some general tips & tips for each of the bosses though:

edit: so my dumb brain mixed up and I've called Guard 'Block' here a few times, sorry.

Just noticed the 'NO SPOILERS PLEASE'; I've detailed the boss fights below so am not sure if that would constitute spoilers or not, but if you wanna see the bosses with fresh eyes don't read this:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

If anybody finds these useful and want more, I may load up my file and take better notes for some of the bosses I don't remember well. Maybe give my actual equipped abilities and stuff, which I don’t remember either… jeez, my brain.
ooh ooh I've got some tips for one of the fights!
Spoiler Spoiler Show

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I think it helps not to treat these fights as a speedrun. It is OK to take hours or days to beat them, after all rushing things just takes the flavor out of the experience. I am in no rush to finish them, so for know I'm getting my body to build muscle memory to the patterns.
I like this approach very much!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I would have definitely not tried to beat them all as soon as possible IF story stuff wasn't locked behind the fights. So here I am trying to kill Master Xehanort for hours :'(

UPDATE: I BEAT MASTER XEHANORT!!!!!

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I would have definitely not tried to beat them all as soon as possible IF story stuff wasn't locked behind the fights. So here I am trying to kill Master Xehanort for hours :'(

Congrats! I wish I could even get that far. Did you use Ultima for the win. My plan is to spam Ultima when I get there on Beginner so I just wanna know if that'll work lol.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Congrats! I wish I could even get that far. Did you use Ultima for the win. My plan is to spam Ultima when I get there on Beginner so I just wanna know if that'll work lol.
My plan was: Ultima Weapon maxed (I used Oblivion for Luxord because the cards are so close that one swing from Ultima is so wide it hits the wrong card and damages you), I farmed enough material to make maybe 10-15 Defense Boosts, got to Level 99, then made food that increased Defense, and walked in with Kupo Coin/Hi-Potions (Master Xehanort was Elixirs lol).

It is a really good feeling to do it - let alone on Critical! And what comes after is SO WORTH IT IMO. It has me really hyped for future games and the story in general.

It may take hours (if you want to do it on your own like I did), but you just need to study the attack patterns like others have said in here. Some fights you can kinda go crazy attacking (I did that for Marluxia and Larxene) and get away with it, if you're strong enough. But others you need to study the patterns (Xemnas, Xion, and Master Xehanort). OH AND MAJOR TIP: USE THE FORM CHANGES TO BUY TIME WHEN BEING ATTACKED BY UNAVOIDABLE STUFF OR IF YOU NEED A CHANCE TO HEAL BUT THEY'RE COMING AT YOU TOO FAST. I would even use the Ultima Weapon's finish to buy me time, even if it was doing no damage lol. Rage Form helped a ton too just to buy time. And if I could spare it, Ariel/Simba helped because they're somewhat invincible, but that was if I was going straight into an Elixir right after lol.

Goodluck to everyone! The secret boss is... godly wow. Utada Hikaru predicted this situation with Face My Fears: WATCH ME CRY ALL MY TEARS.

Last edited:

MRKDH

Awards

Wow congrats!!!🎉 I can‘t even imagine how hard it has to be to beat them on critical mode.^^

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Yeah, the meal boosts I completely forgot about. When I tried again and got Dark Riku down to his last bar, it made me feel confident enough to keep trying in this state and I got him.

I think the issue here is surviving long enough to pick up on their patterns. When I tried before without the defense boosts, I would just die and not even get a chance to pick up on their fighting pattern. But now that I can survive some hits, I realized what I need to do... although some people I just went crazy and smashed X and managed to kill them (Larxene and Marluxia). The only person that seems to change his fighting pattern is Vanitas towards the end, and it seems variably too (which is what made him so hard to kill for me). Sometimes on his last bar he will keep fighting his regular way and sometimes he will switch to some crazy fireball thing that will kill you if you don't pay attention (I accidentally killed him because my Ultima Weapon finish automatically went off while he was spamming me with fireballs).

This is what I'm going to be doing. First off, working on getting the Ultima Weapon, because I feel like that's going to make all the difference. Then get to LV99. Then after that, stock up on Megalixers and Elixers because I KNOW they'll come in handy lol. Young Xehanort doesn't seem tough, but when I get him down to half HP, he has his phantoms which are giving me trouble, so I'm thinking of using a Link when he does that in order to get me some damage within its reach radius.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

This is what I'm going to be doing. First off, working on getting the Ultima Weapon, because I feel like that's going to make all the difference. Then get to LV99. Then after that, stock up on Megalixers and Elixers because I KNOW they'll come in handy lol. Young Xehanort doesn't seem tough, but when I get him down to half HP, he has his phantoms which are giving me trouble, so I'm thinking of using a Link when he does that in order to get me some damage within its reach radius.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Back