• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NO SPOILERS PLEASE: Anything For New Game Files in KH3 After Downloading ReMIND?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO SPOILERS!

I'm just really confused by the whole ReMIND package. I thought it was going to basically be like KH2FM where all the new stuff is folded into the main game, so all you do is pick "New Game" and as you play the story you see new cutscenes and get access to new stuff. It doesn't seem like that is the case, except for the difficulty enhancements I'm guessing. I only beat ReMIND.

Can someone please tell me if there's anything new with cutscenes or anything story related if you start a new game after downloading the ReMIND DLC? All I'm looking for here is yes or no, I really don't want any spoilers. I stayed away from any ReMIND news and the DLC was implemented different than I thought, so I'm not sure what to expect or where to look for it.

Thank you in advance!

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
So from what I understand, there isn’t any new story content added to the base game itself. The 1.09 patch includes a few minute graphical and OST changes to the base game. Other than that, all the new story content is contained within ReMind itself, which you can open from the title screen. Once you opt to play ReMind, you’ll have to select a cleared game file, as it is effectively a continuation of the game.

Personally, I decided to start a New Game+ anyway because the free update (1.09) also included several gameplay add-ons, and ReMind includes a Premium Menu to fine-tune the difficulty level. The latter is only available if you start a new game. Once I finish that playthrough, I’ll use that save file to go immediately into ReMind.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
So from what I understand, there isn’t any new story content added to the base game itself. The 1.09 patch includes a few minute graphical and OST changes to the base game. Other than that, all the new story content is contained within ReMind itself, which you can open from the title screen. Once you opt to play ReMind, you’ll have to select a cleared game file, as it is effectively a continuation of the game.

Personally, I decided to start a New Game+ anyway because the free update (1.09) also included several gameplay add-ons, and ReMind includes a Premium Menu to fine-tune the difficulty level. The latter is only available if you start a new game. Once I finish that playthrough, I’ll use that save file to go immediately into ReMind.

Thank you for the help!

See I would have definitely done a brand new game then go straight into ReMIND if I had known it was going to be two separate entities and not all combined into the base game.

Regardless I waited this long to do another playthrough of KH3, so I'm definitely going to take advantage of the gameplay add-ons and hope that one of the OST changes is fixing the audio hot mess during "Do You Want To Build A Snowman"/Anna giving a monologue.

Back