• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nobody Names vs. "Real Names"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Clearly a bunch of former Organization members will be moving forward into the next saga, however they will be recompleted and their normal selves. Like the situation with Axel, which I still find difficult to adjust to after years of knowing he was back as "Lea", would it be better to address them with their real names or their Organization names?

My personal opinion is that their Organization names sound WAY better than their real names (except for maybe Isa). But I would be pained to call Larxene "Elrena" moving forward. I mean getting people to call Axel "Lea" was already hard enough and is still hard because why would anyone go with the name "Lea" over Axel!?

So what do you guys think about the names going forward?

Axel vs. Lea
Saix vs. Isa
Marluxia vs. Lauriam
Luxord vs. Durol
Larxene vs. Elrena
Demyx vs. Emyd

Dilan, Aeleus, Even, and Ienzo don't really count since they're probably not going to be important moving forward... and somehow they are also the characters that have normal names that are just as good or better than their nobody names :|

Eonstar890

Awards
Well for starters I really hope that Demyx’s true name isn’t actually Emyd.
I kinda like Dyme (pronounced like the coin) for him but I digress...

I definitely see characters like Lauriam and Elrena going by there true names seeing as how it looks like they are going to be more of main characters in UX where that’s the only name they’re known by.

As for Isa and Lea, if the plot line of them knowing Subject X continues it would make sense for them to be known by there true names as well since that’s how how she sees them. Plus I have this fantasy in my head of Isa, Lea, and Ventus teaming up to save her since there all her friends with her even if one of them doesn’t realize that yet. Also Ventus knows them as Lea and Isa as well and I don’t see Roxas and Xion having a big role in this new saga which would be the main reason to keep Axel.

Honestly though, at the end of the day “Axel” is a big fan favorite which I definitely think has swayed the naming decision on him a bit so fan desires may keep “Axel” alive.

With Luxord and Demyx, their true identities have yet to be revealed so it’s too soon to make judgments on how they will or should be addressed. (Which I’m dying to see how they’re supposed to tie into all this, plz square give us answers) ((“Ancient Keyblade legacy” bs teaser ugh))

NoWay

Awards
I’m fine with their real names. But it’s difficult to say something about Luxord and Demyx because their names still aren’t confirmed.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Nothing wrong with using whatever name you're more comfortable or familiar with. It's not like the characters care that much in the games either.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
It cracks me up thinking about what Larxene would prefer to go by when she returns. If she rejects Elrena I can already picture her wanting to stab the person who calls her by that name 😂

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It cracks me up thinking about what Larxene would prefer to go by when she returns. If she rejects Elrena I can already picture her wanting to stab the person who calls her by that name 😂

I can see Larxene only allowing specific people to call her "Elrena" and lashing out at anyone else that might try it.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I kinda like Lu Dro. If they don't use that name, I will for my projects.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I don’t mind most of them, but I reject Emid and Durol. I’m not crazy about Braig or Aeleus either. I always hated the idea of Larxene possibly being Arlene; Elrena is so much better, thankfully.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm fine with 'em. "Elrena" being the only one I'm not used to yet, but it's a good name.

Personally, I'm hoping "Rould" for Luxord.

Demyx better get "Emyd". It's a great name and how dare some of y'all not want it! :mad:

Eonstar890

Awards
I'm fine with 'em. "Elrena" being the only one I'm not used to yet, but it's a good name.

Personally, I'm hoping "Rould" for Luxord.

Demyx better get "Emyd". It's a great name and how dare some of y'all not want it! :mad:
Ok but exactly how is “Emyd” supposed to be pronounced? I can’t rlly wrap my head around it. To me it seems to be “Eh” followed by “mid” like middle which ... sounds pretty eh

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well for starters I really hope that Demyx’s true name isn’t actually Emyd.
I kinda like Dyme (pronounced like the coin) for him but I digress...
I'm hoping for Demy. They literally just tacked an X at the end of his name & called it a day.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I always hated the idea of Larxene possibly being Arlene; Elrena is so much better, thankfully.

Me circa 2008 writes fanfiction pairing my nobody Velnox with Larxene. 2010 rolls round, meets (now) ex Had very Larxene-esque features (and later personality). Her middle name was Arlene. Thought I had a real life Larxene. Glad they confirmed her name to be something else. She almost ruined my Larxene crush permanently.

Elenar fits much better being the name of a Lightning demon.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Ok but exactly how is “Emyd” supposed to be pronounced? I can’t rlly wrap my head around it. To me it seems to be “Eh” followed by “mid” like middle which ... sounds pretty eh
Basically.

The pronunciation is pretty much the name "Emmett" but with a "d". "Emyd" is also a kind of turtle, so there's a water association too.

Amadeus

Awards
For Luxord, I prefer Dulor; it evokes "dolor," meaning "a state of great sorrow" in English, but also "pain" in Latin and some Romance languages. I think it would be interesting and could potentially tie in to his "ancient Keyblade legacy" or something. Or maybe it's just a reference to how much of a pain the time mechanic in his KH2 boss fight is, idk. Rolud/Roldu/anything with "rol" would work too because it sounds like "roll," as in "high roller."

I don't have super strong feelings about Demyx's name, but "Myde" pronounced "meed" (mido in Japanese) would be cool as a shoutout to FF, where Mid is a recurring character and relative of Cid. I just hope that nobody tries to push that Demyx is ACTUALLY Cid's son or nephew or something, that'd be one hell of a headache.

Iustus

Awards
For Luxord's real name I was always thinking of Rudol. Just like Rudolph, but shorter. And Larxene is strange as Elrena, but I will get used to it. Relena had such a nice sound to me, though...

But Demyx is the most difficult haha. Myde? Medy? Sounds like melody, with would make sense to me, since he is playing his sitar.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
For Luxord, I prefer Dulor; it evokes "dolor," meaning "a state of great sorrow" in English, but also "pain" in Latin and some Romance languages. I think it would be interesting and could potentially tie in to his "ancient Keyblade legacy" or something. Or maybe it's just a reference to how much of a pain the time mechanic in his KH2 boss fight is, idk. Rolud/Roldu/anything with "rol" would work too because it sounds like "roll," as in "high roller."
I knew that, too, actually, because that's the meaning behind Dolores Umbridge's name in HP, too, and she does bring a great deal of pain to the characters in her introductory book. For me, Dulor just sounds.... Ugh. And it seems like too heavy a name for a character like Luxord, who is more playful.

I'd like Demy more than Emyd, Myde, or Dyme. Demi in real life is more of a girl's name, but making it unisex wouldn't be too odd.

Last edited:
Awards
Demy with an "X" lazily attached is very Demyx.

But it being Demyx all along is even more Demyx.
DyiPKmtV4AAyb3D.jpg

Back