• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nobuo Uematsu?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

roXIIIas

Website
www.myspace.com
So, maybe it is just me, but I have like 800 different final fantasy songs, and I just can't get enough. One of the main reasons I can't wait for more Final Fantasy games if the soundtracks. They kick ass. Especially if you have played the games, you get to relive them over and over just through the music. Anyone else feel the same way?

Also, if anyone knows of a good .ogg to .mp3 file converter, i would really appreciate it, because I have the FFXII soundtrack, but i want to get the files into my itunes. Thanks.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
I've always loved Uematsu's stuff. Even his old stuff is so good that it sounds like the new stuff...not that any of that made sense, but hey. I especially love the music in IX and X...his lyricized (that's a word, right?) songs are great too...

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
The Ultima Crest said:
I do I guess. I love Nobuo Uematsu's music to the heart but I can't find any of the sound tracks in stores any more and i hate ordering off the internet.

Really? I was just at the mall and I was in a store (Too Cool) and there was a whole WALL of video game OST's and Final Fantasy ones, too...

roXIIIas

Website
www.myspace.com
it is all really great stuff, i think it would have been awesome if he could have played a small part in the scoring for the kingdom hearts series. Well, besides the sephiroth battle...
but i like the stuff in kingdom hearts quite a bit, too. And the orchestral version of Passion is awesome, one of my favorite songs actually.
But I would still say, Uematsu's music doesnt ever really get annoying to me, especially if I am in one part of the world for a really long time, hearing a song over and over never makes me mad. I think that is another way his talent shows through.

N

NotDan

Tobuoi said:
I've always loved Uematsu's stuff. Even his old stuff is so good that it sounds like the new stuff...not that any of that made sense, but hey. I especially love the music in IX and X...his lyricized (that's a word, right?) songs are great too...

You DO realize that he didn't do most of the work in FFX, right?

http://www.square-haven.com/feature...54&PHPSESSID=718f9eef0fc2597af085f489b9e88687

Hamauzu did most of the work, with a bit from Nakano. 'To Zanarkand' and the ending theme were really the only orginal tracks I liked that he did. The others were just... bleh.

Personally, I think he's slipping. That might be why Hitoshi Sakimoto is working on FFXII (Which I don't mind. His Radiant Silvergun OST is GODLY).

But still, Uematsu's older stuff is really good.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
NotDan said:
You DO realize that he didn't do most of the work in FFX, right?

http://www.square-haven.com/features/albums/?id=SSCX-10054&PHPSESSID=718f9eef0fc2597af085f489b9e88687

Hamauzu did most of the work, with a bit from Nakano. 'To Zanarkand' and the ending theme were really the only orginal tracks I liked that he did. The others were just... bleh.

Personally, I think he's slipping. That might be why Hitoshi Sakimoto is working on FFXII (Which I don't mind. His Radiant Silvergun OST is GODLY).

But still, Uematsu's older stuff is really good.

*glares* Did you just come here to pwn me? What does it matter, anyways? -_- Besides, he did most of the songs that I like from FFX...*sticks out tongue* Forgive me for not being quite as OBSSESSIVE as you, Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back