• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura and Shimomura Interview in Nintendo Dream!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Kingdom Hearts 3D's definitely a wonderful game to anticipate and I'm very happy about that.

...rather than complaining about KH3 infinity times infinity to the infinieth power divided by infinieths. >.>; Not that I blame anyone but... it's best appreciating what we have for the moment being.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Kingdom Hearts 3D's definitely a wonderful game to anticipate and I'm very happy about that.

...rather than complaining about KH3 infinity times infinity to the infinieth power divided by infinieths. >.>; Not that I blame anyone but... it's best appreciating what we have for the moment being.

Don't worry, people will go back to complaining soon enough

Key Wielder

Awards
Elaborating on the story while we wait =/= stalling/filler. Now if TAV, RAX, Ansem's data, and the multiple-Xehanort-mind-twister (haven't spoiled 3D, though) didn't end up in KH3, I could understand calling it filler. The fact that we're getting story-relevant games while waiting for a home-console title should make us feel lucky as fans to have a game creator that actually gives a darn about our thoughts and interests, not make us bitter because he's made games that don't happen to have a number in the title.

/high horse

In any case, I'm looking forward to seeing what is in the interview, especially on the TWEWY front. Thanks for the heads up! :)

.Oji

赤いテキスト
Quick question: Would you guys prefer a “The World Ends With U" more so than a equally ambitious 3DS TWEWY if a sequel were to be made?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Quick question: Would you guys prefer a “The World Ends With U" more so than a equally ambitious 3DS TWEWY if a sequel were to be made?

I think I'd prefer it on the 3DS. xD Wii U is nowhere near one of my priority systems and I don't imagine it will be for years.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
In that case, here’s hoping two versions are developed, because I’d really like to see a sequel push the Wii U hardware. I believe TWEWY could really flourish on the Wii U judging by what little we know of the console so far.

snow_flake40

Awards
I feel like a TWEWY on Wii U would probably be one of the best games to get the most out of that console. I mean, when you consider how they really pushed the DS - making both screens equally important, utilising the microphone and other features usually ignored, even creating an early version of StreetPass - I think TWEWY could work similar wonders with the Wii U. It even has two screens, a necessary for any TWEWY game.

Even so, I'd really like them to make it for 3DS because, well, I have a 3DS. ...That's it, really. I wouldn't mind some multi-format shenanigans with the game coming out on both platforms, though.

I love how I'm speculating about platforms and the game doesn't even exist yet as far as we know... Still, I'm very much looking forward to this interview. c:

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
I'd rather have the next TWEWY on the 3DS and maybe if there is another one after that, they can make it for Wii U. TWEWY just feels like a series that belongs on handhelds.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
It should stay on the 3DS if it ended up on the Wii U more than likely it would be some kind of gimmick

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards

I think it would be really bad on the Wii-U. Don't get me wrong, the Wii-U is a great system and has just as much if not more potential than the 3DS. The things is, in TWEWY 1, you had to keep control over 2 screens at once, and that was kind of hectic with both screens centimeters apart from one another. With the Wii-U, unless you hold the controller like a steering wheel, you'd have to look all the way down, and then all the way, which I can definitely see causing neck problems if something gets too hectic.

It should stay on the 3DS if it ended up on the Wii U more than likely it would be some kind of gimmick

Yeah, I think the DS is more suited for it, but IDK how well the "3D" would be on the game. The game was so cool because of its art style as well as its music, I do not think they should use the 3D models for the game, it would just look weird. I liked the effect the game had originally.

Ulicies

If they were to do 3D for TWEWY, I wouldn't expect it to be like KH3D's style at all. I'd expect something like Bravely Default
I agree. If we're to see a TWEWY sequel that simply improves upon the original, then I'd rather see it on the 3DS.

But in the same way that TWEWY changed so much about what we expect from a battle system on the DS, I think that a potential Wii U installment would repeat the same sort of change. A Wii U version would scrap the two-screen battle system and implement something unique for the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back