• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura discusses KH3 ReMind, Dark Road, future developments in final issue of Dengeki Playstation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
How is "nightmare" and "terror" on the same level as "reaper?"
Well since the definition of "reaper" is a person or machine that harvests a crop, compared to "nightmare" and "terror" I assumed that it wouldn't be that bad. If it was called Kingdom Hearts: Grim Reaper, then I could understand it being too "dark" for Disney... even though this is the company that has films featuring Hades, the Land of the Dead, murder, and other child friendly stuff.

Eonstar890

Awards
For the two new titles I am really hoping at least one will focus on the extended cast. That being the way finder trio and the sea salt seven (my personal name for twilight gang).

There is a lot going on with these characters in the plot and allowing a title to focus on solely them while the destiny trio is off in dream land would be sooo nice. Plus if you think about it, the fore tellers are back now (and have been back for a year by the end of remind???). Obviously Sora can’t deal with them, and Riku and Kairi are too preoccupied with saving Sora so it would make sense for the other keyblade wielders to step up and take action.

I don’t think TAV will stay in the RoD since there goal in being there was finding Sora, but things have changed since the fairy godmother showed up and I hope Riku would have the decency to contact them before diving into dreams again.

For whatever game may feature these characters possibly meeting and dealing with all the mayhem of Chi era I could see it playing out a couple different ways. Ventus is an important one, and Lea and Isa are both friends with subject X. I’d love for the three of them to team up (calling back to their budding friendship from all that time ago) to go find her. This could be reading too much into it, but during the beach party scene Ventus is seen playing with Lea and Isa while Roxas is hanging out with Aqua and Terra.

aaannndddd Lauriam and Elrena are going to be recompleted now and I’m sure their shenanigans will startup soon as well.

tl dr:
wishful thinking: TAV RAX and Isa and Namine get the spot light
realistic thinking: one title focuses on saving Sora. The other focuses on X era stuff that has been brought to the present

D

Deleted member 252753

Going from the Secret Ending, my guess for the title of DDD2 would be Oath to Return . Especially as its initials are also that of an IT term, like almost all of the titles.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well since the definition of "reaper" is a person or machine that harvests a crop, compared to "nightmare" and "terror" I assumed that it wouldn't be that bad. If it was called Kingdom Hearts: Grim Reaper, then I could understand it being too "dark" for Disney... even though this is the company that has films featuring Hades, the Land of the Dead, murder, and other child friendly stuff.
I'm well aware of that definition, but I guarantee that most people upon seeing the word "reaper" will not be thinking of agriculture.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
My guess next year we getting DDD2 with kairi and riku
Which is likely cause we tend to get a new KH game every 2-3 years and with Square Enix using the Unreal Engine 4 they can reuse the character models and assets from KH3 without restarting the process all over again. What will take them longer is creating new models and assets for the new characters and worlds for the next KH games in the series.

Nope. Hopefully around when E3 was going to happen. If not E3 time, TGS?
TGS will depend on how bad the Coronavirus is going to be by the Summer, if it doesn't recede by then then it's likely that by Mid-June/Early July they will make the announcement on TGS status. I mean E3 did cancel their event three months before it was set to launch wouldn't be surprised if TGS did them as well.

But if that were to happen it's going to be interesting how they will reveal new KH content cause since 2017 they showcased new KH content (namely from KH3) at the Orchestra event.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Which is likely cause we tend to get a new KH game every 2-3 years and with Square Enix using the Unreal Engine 4 and the models, sets from KH3 without restarting the process all over again. What will take them longer is creating new models and assets for the new characters and worlds for the next games in the series.

TGS will depend on how bad the Coronavirus is going to be by the Summer, if it doesn't recede by then then it's likely that by Mid-June/Early July they will make the announcement on TGS status. I mean E3 did cancel their event three months before it was set to launch wouldn't be surprised if TGS did them as well.

But if that were to happen it's going to be interesting how they will reveal new KH content cause since 2017 they showcased new KH content (namely from KH3) at the Orchestra event.
Maybe they can do another concert with the new music from ReMIND, they can call it Re:Tres or Re:TRACE.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Find out soon on the next episode of Kingdom Hearts Z

Cool to hear 2 projects are in the works. Also that Cloud artwork is friggin sweet

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Worth mentioning that the two other teams Nomura is referring to does not include Osaka team, therefore it's likely not going to be a numbered title.

The more important question is whether the remaining two projects are being done internally at Square Enix or whether they are being outsourced? Because the answer to that could either make or break those games.

Xagzan

Awards
Be great if Dark Road could reconcile all of Xehanort's confusingly conflicting motivations.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
The more important question is whether the remaining two projects are being done internally at Square Enix or whether they are being outsourced? Because the answer to that could either make or break those games.
CoM was developed by Jupiter, Days and Re:coded were developed by h.a.n.d., χ[chi] was developed by Success Corp and Uχ by BitGroove Inc.
So far that's a pretty good track record for outsourced titles, I think. 4/5 good games ain't bad.
I’m just saying, WoFF team is a team in Osaka and one has to wonder what they are working on right now...
Personally I'd hope they're working on a sequel to WoFF

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
No, you were right. There was an internal ban on saying that name, but it lifted by October 2019.
Super fuzzy memory, but wasn't this found out when someone else being interviewed alongside Nomura brought up the name and Nomura was stunned it could be talked about?

Does anyone have an idea of when "pretty soon" might be?
Somewhere between "eventually" and "someday".

Kind of wished the interviewer asked about Luxord. I wonder if Nomura would have confirmed If he was the driver[/QUOTE]
Interviewer: "Fans have talked much about Yozora's driver and how he seems similar to another character."

Nomura: "Really? I'm surprised fans have taken interest in him. As for who the driver is, well, Yozora cannot drive the car himself, so he needs a driver, right?"

Possibly someone from TWEWY like Megumi Kitanji. Though it may possibly be another OC
I really want to see Megumi Kitanji with these models, but I want this to take place after the game and also for him to stay perma-dead.

That's fine I can think of more titles. How about this one: "Kingdom Hearts Play to Win".

My main point is that if Sora is playing the Reaper's Game in Shibuya I want that to be shown in the title
Kingdom Hearts: Pin 2 Win

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Two spin offs gives ample scope for what we've all been waiting for

Kingdom Karts

7GiVFzM.gif

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Super fuzzy memory, but wasn't this found out when someone else being interviewed alongside Nomura brought up the name and Nomura was stunned it could be talked about?

It was during the Dissidia stream, right after they unveiled the Trashbag Noctis DLC. Producer Hazama and Director Kujiraoka hosting, with Nomura as an offscreen voice as usual. I forget which of the two said it first, but they introduced the outfit as being from Versus. Nomura was shocked that they just came out and said the forbidden word, and then they were like "no it's okay now."

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It was during the Dissidia stream, right after they unveiled the Trashbag Noctis DLC. Producer Hazama and Director Kujiraoka hosting, with Nomura as an offscreen voice as usual. I forget which of the two said it first, but they introduced the outfit as being from Versus. Nomura was shocked that they just came out and said the forbidden word, and then they were like "no it's okay now."
Thank you!

No one likes telling Nomura things beforehand, apparently.

Violet Pluto

Awards
Do you have a link, It would kind of funny to see it for myself, Nomura being flabbergasted after pulling things on everyone else so much.

Back