• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura is the Master of Masters?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Willow A113

Awards
So I've been thinking about this for a while now, but I didn't say anything because it seemed too stupid to be true. Not that it was unlikely, but just that I thought other people would think it's stupid. It does sound kind of stupid and I was kind of ashamed thinking it. But then The Landi Lodge on YouTube made a video about this and I was super happy I wasn't alone in thinking it!
Now let me clarify: just because I think this theory could be true doesn't mean I think it's the #1 theory about M.o.M.'s identity and that the others can't be true because this theory exists. We know so little about him and there are so many theories that it's impossible to put one above the other. There are several theories that I think are equally likely because there is so little to go off of.
Anyways, what do you all think of this theory? Do you think Tetsuya Nomura could be the Master of Masters? Do you think it's too stupid to be true? Give me your thoughts!

Willow A113

Awards

Attachments

• 1615330756401.png
    1615330756401.png
    107 KB · Views: 1

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
MoM is actually Yesmura, the mirror verse counterpart to Nomura.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don’t think it’s literally him under that hood, but yes, I think the MoM is 100% meant to be an author surrogate (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Author_surrogate), a character which we can infer Nomura has created with the purpose of using to explore ideas like: what does it mean to create a fictional world? How much agency do the characters of an imagined reality have vs. the one who dreams them up? If the “author” writes a book (or codes/programs a game), is that universe fated and the author, in effect, a god? Or is there more to a “pre-programmed” imagined universe than meets the eye? Nomura’s been obsessed with these themes since the FFvsXIII days, it would seem. And the MoM, as his surrogate, is asking these very same questions, seemingly experimenting with outcomes to test the limits of his authorial powers. It’s really pretty neat.

KH is pushing the 4th wall to its limit, for sure, though this isn’t *really* anything new if you think about it. The KH series has always involved jumping between Disney storybooks as self-contained worlds with their own rules etc, which (it’s now being confirmed in Dark Road) really do seem to operate like looping narratives based on a loose pre-written structure. Sound like the Book of Prophecies? It’s exactly like that. Except now the concept is being self-referentially applied to Kingdom Hearts - *the series* - as a whole, which is why something like Unreality/the World of Fiction was inevitable. The series could no longer contain the boiling tension of its inherent question (creator vs. created, or real vs. imagined); it had to explode eventually, and the only directions for it to go were:
  1. end the universe/series entirely (this happened when darkness prevailed in KH3, but the story/characters persisted in spite of this);
  2. completely shatter the 4th wall, at which point the series would become satire; or
  3. create the *illusion* of a shattered 4th wall — or rather, nest yet *another* layer of fiction into the structure of the narrative to serve as a *metaphor/representation* of reality, against which to juxtapose the fictional/imagined nature of the series as we know it. That’s what the characters are now calling the World of Fiction, though they’ve really got it backwards - they are the fictional ones in this metaphor. And the MoM is their author - Nomura’s surrogate.

And remember, the primary thesis of the KH series so far has been: “hearts are all around us if you imagine them/believe in them” or the tagline from the early KH3 trailers: “Don't assume your dreams are just fantasy. If you can imagine a world, believe in it... and dive in.” Nomura, the real-world creator/programmer of this “fictional universe,” has been playing tug-of-war with his creations for a long time, whose conviction is that they are more than the sum of their parts - they are more than just puppets in someone’s game. Though I will say, this doesn’t necessarily mean the MoM is destined to be the antagonist 😉

Last edited:

ScottErazo

Awards
So I've been thinking about this for a while now, but I didn't say anything because it seemed too stupid to be true. Not that it was unlikely, but just that I thought other people would think it's stupid. It does sound kind of stupid and I was kind of ashamed thinking it. But then The Landi Lodge on YouTube made a video about this and I was super happy I wasn't alone in thinking it!
Now let me clarify: just because I think this theory could be true doesn't mean I think it's the #1 theory about M.o.M.'s identity and that the others can't be true because this theory exists. We know so little about him and there are so many theories that it's impossible to put one above the other. There are several theories that I think are equally likely because there is so little to go off of.
Anyways, what do you all think of this theory? Do you think Tetsuya Nomura could be the Master of Masters? Do you think it's too stupid to be true? Give me your thoughts!
TalkToWendys.com
Tetsuya Nomura On Yozora, the Master of Masters and Kairi's role in Melody of Memory. I find it annoying this is meant to be yet another game where new fans are meant to be able to join in. I think the only flashbacks are in Kairi's story, but the theater/ some dive mode would host clips revisiting the past.

Back