• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura on KHX Back Cover & Unchained X, Big Hero 6 in Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Famitsu was able to sit down with Kingdom Hearts Series Director Tetsuya Nomura to discuss the brand new title in the series, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. In this final part of the interview, Nomura discusses Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover & Unchained χ, Big Hero 6 in Kingdom Hearts 3, and a small update about Final Fantasy VII Remake.

Spoiler warning for the Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover & Unchained χ content!

The final part of the interview can be viewed below, translated thanks to Zephyr! You can read the first part here and the second part here.

––So the King also holds the key. Following KHχ Back Cover, the service for Unchained χ recently begun and is it possible you can talk about a little bit about the situation?

Nomura: I apologize for the server difficulties when the service began. Up to this point, we asked to cooperate in departments that have a like-house server management and we are continuing to improve it. First, we are working on server stability, and eventually corresponding to other parts of the inconvenience. Gradually, there will be events and the like that will appear.

––For stability, it recently is running very smoothly. Playing it skillfully will be addicting.

Nomura: Smartphones are kept close in our lives so it has come to mind that we can enjoy the feeling of KH even for a little bit. It really has become such a game. From now on, we have announced to continue adding 50 quests each month until January. Because of the continuing updates, I think you will enjoy it.

––I definitely wanted to experience that feeling of crispness. However again about KHχ Back Cover, it is drawn in the perspective of the five Foreteller?

Nomura: There is also the Foreteller’s leader, “Master of Masters”. The person Chirithy talks about is “this individual” being referred to as his “master”.

––So Chirithy was created.

Nomura: Yes. However, the Master of Masters is regarded differently and isn’t what people call normally as a "master”. Because it’s being referred to as a Master of Masters, it indicates the person’s standing position. The Foretellers themselves are Keyblade Masters. Their teacher however is the Master of Masters. That is what I mean by Master of Masters.

––There are a lot of mysteries surrounding the Foretellers and their master deepens the mystery even further.

Nomura: In KHχ Back Cover, there is quite a turn of events for them. By the way, there was black coated person in KHχ.

––Ahh, the five Foretellers were the ones speaking…

Nomura: KHχ and KH Unchained χ proceeds in the player’s point of view and there are the Foretellers we don’t know very much about. In “Back Cover”, which had recently shown a little in the trailer, you can draw on the differences of their personality and speculation between each of them. Maybe then, we can glimpse the nature that belongs to each of the unions and question “why were they thinking about that” and maybe this is where their interests become divided (laughs).

––Expecting this from the series is a real thrill. At the same time in the trailer, it was refreshing to hear Chirithy’s voice. Was the person in charge of the voice Tomoko Kaneda?

Nomura: Yes. We have recorded in mind of “sadness/heartrending” and I think it turned out well.

■ This all leads to KINGDOM HEARTS III

––So all of the stories in KH2.8 connects with KH3 and recently Big Hero 6 was announced to the world. There were great responses.

Nomura: Because we have finally decided on most of the worlds, I’m happy about the fact that this will be available. Big Hero 6 takes place in the near future, with modern cityscapes, it would be a fun world for action and we were decisive in choosing it.

––To summarize, Baymax and Sora confronts the other Baymax the Heartless have taken over?

Nomura: That’s right. It takes place after the movie version. Yasue (Co-director Tai Yasue) was eager in saying “I really want to do it!” Because I also like this title, please enjoy and anticipate it when it finishes.

––Mr. Nomura, another work you’re directing is a full remake of FINAL FANTASY VII. How is that?

Nomura: In Famitsu’s interview (9/20/15), Kitase also answered that. In particular, we are continuing to polish the strategy and feel of battles while being faithful. Although it’s pretty far for us to show something, we will do a follow-up in winter. Wait until then.

––In November, D23 Expo Japan 2015 will be held in Tokyo Disneyland for three days and there is a special KH event. And so in the winter, there will likely be more news for the full remake of FINAL FANTASY VII.

Nomura: In addition to preparing them, we are also running a DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY arcade version. KH2.8 and World of FINAL FANTASY has been announced to be launched in next year’s schedule. We also want to continue improving KHχ and KH Unchained χ. The good news is that we are getting help from external sources but even still, I have my hands full in many places (wry smile). We will stay committed to please the fans.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on the future of the Kingdom Hearts series.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
now i get it so the master of master mean he is the master of the keyblade masters

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It makes me so happy whenever Nomura talks about Chi <3

Just as a side note, the new 50 quests of the month for Unchained that Nomura refers to will be added today.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Really interesting stuff. The Chi plot stuff has me really intrigued. Hopefully it actually ends up doing a good job of explaining the origins of everything in the series. By that I mean, I hope the explanations are well thought out, and not a bunch of tropes added in to explain away the big mysteries of the overall story.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Nomura's reasoning behind the naming of the new collection and the titles included is so asenine lol.

The Masters of Masters is starting to sound more like a god of some sort. Interesting. I'm mostly interested about him and the black coated person.

Anagram

Banned
Nomura's reasoning behind the naming of the new collection and the titles included is so asenine lol.

The Masters of Masters is starting to sound more like a god of some sort. Interesting. I'm mostly interested about him and the black coated person.

I'm honestly beginning to wonder.

––I definitely wanted to experience that feeling of crispness. However again about KHχ Back Cover, it is drawn in the perspective of the five Foreteller?

Nomura: There is also the Foreteller’s leader, “Master of Masters”. The person Chirithy talks about is “this individual” being referred to as his “master”.

––So Chirithy was created.

Nomura: Yes. However, the Master of Masters is regarded differently and isn’t what people call normally as a "master”. Because it’s being referred to as a Master of Masters, it indicates the person’s standing position. The Foretellers themselves are Keyblade Masters. Their teacher however is the Master of Masters. That is what I mean by Master of Masters.
The master gets more suspicious to me. Sooo 2.8 foretellers/crithies PoV, chi & unchained ours.

So being the master of keyblade masters means he's the most likely candidate for creation of said weapon I take it. Though I guess he always was.

Knuxpyro56

Well looks like Zootopia and Moana are out... :(. Oh well, guess to hope to see them as summons :)

Emperor

The Masters of Masters a god, huh? Well, now I want him as a optional boss in KH3.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
Master of Masters sounds sort of lame, I hope they give him an actual name when they reveal him :D (maybe it's Xehanort :eek:)

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Doesn't the text in Chi, when Chirithy speaks of the Master, capitalize the pronoun "He"?
As in, "My master, He who..." or "He bestowed upon five of His six apprentices..."

Such capitalization of a pronoun is typical when referring to a God. So maybe the Master of Masters is indeed some sort of deity?

Walt Disney confirmed as Master of Masters.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Guys, Chirithy was made in a scientific beaker. More specifically a round-bottom flask.

Creation_of_Chirithy_KHX.png

The Master of Masters was/is probably a scientists of some sort, not a god. Of course to Chirithy the Master of Masters would be like a god since he brought him into existence.

I think it is possible he may amount to something much more higher than a regular being (especially since he has eyes that can see into the future), but I don't think he's as much of a deity like you all are assuming.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Guys, Chirithy was made in a scientific beaker. More specifically a round-bottom flask.

Creation_of_Chirithy_KHX.png

The Master of Masters was/is probably a scientists of some sort, not a god. Of course to Chirithy the Master of Masters would be like a god since he brought him into existence.

I think it is possible he may amount to something much more higher than a regular being (especially since he has eyes that can see into the future), but I don't think he's as much of a deity like you all are assuming.

A scientist who looks like Walt Disney who can see into the future? Interesting combo.

Qiesamuel

So is this "Master of Masters" same as "The Lost Master" mentioned by YX in KH 3 E3 trailer?

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
So how does this interview confirm that Big HERO 6 was the last world to be selected?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
A scientist who looks like Walt Disney who can see into the future? Interesting combo.

The closest parallel we have to the Master of Masters in the lore at the moment is Ansem, whose alter-ego DiZ had some Disney inspiration, so, not far off probably.

So how does this interview confirm that Big HERO 6 was the last world to be selected?

It doesn't, it just says that they're pretty much done with world selection. I'm sure he means they're got the roundup, but there's a chance they'll cut something like they always do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back