• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura on the title of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, 0.1 in Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wait, isn't the missing gap between 0.2 and 0.5 (BBS 2) 0.3? I thought he was talking about the gap between 2.8 and 3.0. Since these are actual dates I'm not sure what is accomplished by adding them up.
Let’s not go to Kingdom Hearts, ‘tis a silly place.

haha

"Although there is a story that exists for this, there are no plans to release it as a package that was shown in KHBBSFM’s “A Fragmentary Passage”. However, since it is exists as a setting, I had touched a little in planning the beginning of KH3 and I thought it would be good opportunity. However, it’s not affecting the progress of KH3 and because “0.5” is not a full volume, it would be “0.2”. Because it is a fragment, “Fragmentary Passage” was left as a subtitle."

When he says this...There is a story for the whole bulk of "A fragmentary passage", the secret ending in BBSFM, but 0.2 won't tell it because it is short and...blah I'm too tired for Nomura.

"With the meaning of 0.1 left, you will understand it in KH3."

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
Straight from the horses mouth lads. This final chapter prologue is actually the last one. So satisfying to hear that. Square's definition on "final" is a bit warped so im glad we have conformation😆😆😆

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Except why list 0.2 separate when Nomura just said the reason they arrived at 2.8 was because of "2.6+0+0.2" meaning the 0.2 is already included in 2.8 and isn't separate lol

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wasn't Sephiroth0812 the first one to figure this out the night that they announced 2.8?

I was sleep when that happened so idk?

Except why list 0.2 separate when Nomura just said the reason they arrived at 2.8 was because of "2.6+0+0.2" meaning the 0.2 is already included in 2.8 and isn't separate lol

shhh, Nomura's clearly wrong.

Hirokey123

Awards
Actually the reminds me of something sent to me by an asker on the tumblr I help run that went something like this...

0.2+2.8=3
3+1.5+2.5=7
7+1+2+3=13
13+the rest of the series=20
Ten Games (not counting remakes)=10=X

KH3
7 Lights
13 Darkness
20 Pieces
X

Emperor

I feel like the .01 he's talking about will be the tutorial of KH3. Maybe we will get some playtime with Young Xehanort and Eraqus.

sjacobi12

What I don't understand is why only made for the Playstation 4 some people can't afford it, and some of us have a Playstation 3 so why not make it for both wouldn't that make more sense you are still making money no matter what

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
What I don't understand is why only made for the Playstation 4 some people can't afford it, and some of us have a Playstation 3 so why not make it for both wouldn't that make more sense you are still making money no matter what

If they made it for PS3 then you'd only get HD:DDD. Back Cover and 0.2 are the reason why this game is for PS4.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

They can't make BC and 0.2 for the PS3 because the tech is optimized for current generation hardware. PS3 is almost 10 years old and is highly outdated.

Also, you'll need a PS4 to play KH3 so at this point you have but two options:

1) Save money to buy a PS4, 2.8, and KH3
2) Don't buy a PS4 which means not playing 2.8 and KH3

It sucks but we are in year two of the current generation. PS3 was going to be phased out at some point, and that point is starting now.

Hirokey123

Awards
To be honest this was for the best KH3 won't be on the PS3 so you're going to have to get a PS4 eventually. Though I suppose you might have an X1 but well X1 is already screwed on 1.5 and 2.5 so 2.8 is just continuing that trend. You can really tell that MS must have money hatted it very late as an attempt to weaken Sony's showing that year/cash in on the KH3 hype Sony had built.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
To be honest this was for the best KH3 won't be on the PS3 so you're going to have to get a PS4 eventually. Though I suppose you might have an X1 but well X1 is already screwed on 1.5 and 2.5 so 2.8 is just continuing that trend. You can really tell that MS must have money hatted it very late as an attempt to weaken Sony's showing that year/cash in on the KH3 hype Sony had built.

I mentioned this somewhere else before, but I'm starting to think that Microsoft didn't moneyhat (at least not as much) like people think. It's certainly possible but at that time Matsuda had just become president of SE and was making a ton of changes. It seems likely that he, in part, pushed for FFXV and KH3 to be multiplatform as a plan to become a more global company.

Hirokey123

Awards
Hrm that's a good point but that doesn't really explain why 1.5, 2.5, and 2.8 are kind all screwing over the X1. I feel like if they were striving for a more global company you would start with KH3 and 1.5 not just KH3.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Hrm that's a good point but that doesn't really explain why 1.5, 2.5, and 2.8 are kind all screwing over the X1. I feel like if they were striving for a more global company you would start with KH3 and 1.5 not just KH3.

To be fair, Square always viewed Play Station as the real console for KH3. They even announced it at Sony's conference and didn't even mention it was coming to XBox until much later. They'll probably port the games over if KH3 does well on Xbone

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
To be fair, Square always viewed Play Station as the real console for KH3. They even announced it at Sony's conference and didn't even mention it was coming to XBox until much later. They'll probably port the games over if KH3 does well on Xbone

Ha. Kingdom Hearts selling well on Xbox. That's a good one.

Actually the reminds me of something sent to me by an asker on the tumblr I help run that went something like this...

0.2+2.8=3
3+1.5+2.5=7
7+1+2+3=13
13+the rest of the series=20
Ten Games (not counting remakes)=10=X

KH3
7 Lights
13 Darkness
20 Pieces
X

Dat numerology tho

Status