• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura on the title of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, 0.1 in Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
So 0.2 is not the real Volume Two, and there will still be a 0.5?
Eh. I feel like you can take it a few ways. That originally 0.5 was a full volume, but they realize they didn't have the ability to tell it as a full playable volume. They included 0.2 because of the necessary information but renamed it since it wasn't a full game.

So now the question is, does this mean 0.5 is gone forever and will only exist as 0.2? Does this mean the rest of what was meant to be in 0.5 will be included in KH3 in some fashion (as in, like, the story part)? Or does it mean some time after KH3 they hope to get back and do a proper 0.5?

It's not clear by the interview, but honestly, I think a mixture of one and two is way more likely than them ever doing a proper 0.5.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Eh. I feel like you can take it a few ways. That originally 0.5 was a full volume, but they realize they didn't have the ability to tell it as a full playable volume. They included 0.2 because of the necessary information but renamed it since it wasn't a full game.

So now the question is, does this mean 0.5 is gone forever and will only exist as 0.2? Does this mean the rest of what was meant to be in 0.5 will be included in KH3 in some fashion (as in, like, the story part)? Or does it mean some time after KH3 they hope to get back and do a proper 0.5?

It's not clear by the interview, but honestly, I think a mixture of one and two is way more likely than them ever doing a proper 0.5.

My guess is anything that was planned for BBS Vol 2 that isn't in 0.2, will be included in KH3 in some fashion.

Some guy

Decimals, decimals everywhere ... Man, this is why I love KH.

From what I understood, 0.2 is just a shorter version of 0.5, so no important (story) stuff is left out (I hope). I doubt they'll go back to BBS vol2 now anyways ... Still awesome stuff.

Vaddix

Awards
So, I may be a little confused. Both from what Nomura later said and from what folks here are discussing, a "0.1" may be some mysterious KH3 flashback-variety material, possibly that with Eraqus and Xehanort. However doesn't Nomura also note a bit further above that "0.1" is what he would call BbS?

Of course, based on the BbS secret movie, I had up until this point considered BbS the "Zero point" and Chi as...perhaps in the negatives, but I suppose this is the canon now.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm dying to get the answer to this too. Can an expert confirm this please. Thanks.
*clears throat*

It's not clear by the interview, and Nomura has yet to say clearly, but honestly, I think a mixture of one and two is way more likely than them ever doing a proper 0.5.

>.>

kakalakingma

Your response brings more questions than answers to my question. XD Sigh :( Thank you, anyway.

I always sense it's so arbitrary these numbers and decimals even though Nomura give reasoning behind them. It's so... out of his behind. Had this been called 2.8321 and Nomura gave a reason for it, we'd then just have to deal with it. LOL I'm just sayin

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
0.2 might not be what BBSv2 was originally envisioned as but that's the same as the conceptual trailer of DDD not reflecting the final vision of the game.

Things change for multitudes of reasons.

kakalakingma

0.2 might not be what BBSv2 was originally envisioned as but that's the same as the conceptual trailer of DDD not reflecting the final vision of the game.

Things change for multitudes of reasons.

Where can I view this conceptual trailer for DDD? Please guide me the way to enlightenment!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Hot damn, I'd never seen that 2011 trailer. They make the combat look so much more awesome than it ended up being in the final game. Either that, or I just really sucked at Flowmotion attacks.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Hot damn, I'd never seen that 2011 trailer. They make the combat look so much more awesome than it ended up being in the final game. Either that, or I just really sucked at Flowmotion attacks.
I think you just really suck at FlowMotion attacks :p

The only thing from that that isn't really in the game is the part where Sora slams into the Electricity thing in District 3 and then uses it in his attacks. Everything else more or less is doable in the game.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Wasn't there an interview of Nomura saying how Birth By Sleep Volume 2 wasn't exactly how he wanted to release it?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It's old but not too old.
---Many of our fans are excited to see the Birth by Sleep Final Mix secret ending, which mentions Birth by Sleep Volume 2. What were your thoughts behind including this?

Nomura: I suppose you could say that the ideas are "floating". See, Birth by Sleep Volume 2 was never meant to be the second chapter of Birth by Sleep. Rather, it was intended to be a separate piece. The ideas are still there, but they are not currently being pursued. Perhaps in the future we will have the opportunity to touch back upon this subject.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
---Many of our fans are excited to see the Birth by Sleep Final Mix secret ending, which mentions Birth by Sleep Volume 2. What were your thoughts behind including this?

Nomura: I suppose you could say that the ideas are "floating". See, Birth by Sleep Volume 2 was never meant to be the second chapter of Birth by Sleep. Rather, it was intended to be a separate piece. The ideas are still there, but they are not currently being pursued. Perhaps in the future we will have the opportunity to touch back upon this subject.

Is that the only one? Then I guess that's one. Seems like he knew what was intended to be released but I could've sworn he said something but not exactly how he intended to be.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I think you just really suck at FlowMotion attacks :p

I was atrocious at Flowmotion, man. Could not get the damn thing to work for me. The parkour stuff alone, I was all over the place. I didn't even try doing it in the combat after my first few awful tries.

But hey, now that it'll be way easier to control with a Dualshock 4, maybe I can learn how to use it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back