• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura shares first details of Kingdom Hearts III DLC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So the new scenario will be remake like those games?

Well, all I'm saying is that the lowercase e bears no significance.

Also ReMIX was TWEWY.

TWEWY Solo and Live Remix used the normal spelling, but ReMIX appeared first in the KH remasters.

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
While I agree that the constant whiny approach is exhausting
*sound of straw breaking camel's back*
You know, while the regulars here who have a negative take on the game are variously colorful, assertive and unrelenting in the ways we dispense shade on this installment, you'll notice it isn't really our prerogative to go about informing other people about how they should feel about the game as if they aren't entitled to feel otherwise, and by and large we make it a point to stick to what we dislike/detest about the game itself, and not about the people who play it and may have responded differently than us. Meanwhile, there's hardly a thread that goes by where someone doesn't pin a target on anyone (and often specific individuals) who defers from the hivemind, often preempting any actual discussion or debate towards a dissenting opinion, as if we're somehow encroaching on their sacred ground. It's model gatekeeping of exactly the sort @Rydgea was confronting in another thread, and it needs to be said: there is a pervasive attitude problem on this forum, and it's emanating from one side of the aisle. If you or anyone else feels exhausted by the idea that other people will have and express feelings and perspectives that don't align with yours on a discussion forum, by all means take a break and give yourself space to emotionally recuperate, but nobody is responsible for writing the things you want to read and that's certainly not going to start happening because you demean their sentiments as "whiny."

I do appreciate that the rest of your post, where I think we have points of agreement, but I felt driven to highlight that portion and respond unequivocally. I don't really care at all if people are tonally "nice" but this constant refrain that people, fans and ex fans, should be expected to tow the line a select few have determined to be fitting for the moment is past the point of absurdity. There have been KH games that have been out since the series' origins that people have vocally and effusively argued against at every given opportunity, and in far more inflammatory ways than anything we see now. There was never any excuse for anyone to operate under the illusion that KH3 would be a magical turning point in this regard-- sounds like the problem some people have with setting themselves up for disappointment is decidedly not ours.

Reactions: Zul

Rekingdomhearts

The amount of complaining and condemning everything about this announcement without full details is ridiculous. Stop assuming you know everything based off the bare minimum amount of information, and stop acting kh 3 is broken because it isn’t does it have issues? Yeah but so does every other game in the series, kh 3 just got critical mode and it’s really good, and that should give hope that the extra content they are going to produce with this dlc will also be good. It’s gotten really old with how people take exception with kh 3 for similar things that other games in the series have done, it’s hypocritical.

I feel this is an entirely reasonable bar to set and I share in this demand (not that there's anything in this world or the next that could move me to pay for more KH3).

You were just in another thread lecturing people about how they ought to direct their criticism of this game towards DLC development in order to address any lingering questions or concerns or desires they have about it.
I agree with you that people shouldn't be expecting DLC to "fix" KH3, but only to the extent that KH3 is so broken it realistically can't be fixed. There's nothing Nomura can do now but bandage the worst fractures and move on. Also, nobody called you in to police their impressions of information and product related to this game, but thanks for stopping by all the same.

But kh 3 isn’t broken it’s a game that has some issues as does any game in the series, people are just over exaggerating kh 3’s issues to the point of bashing it for everything it does and anything that nomura and his do. As is seen within this article alone.

I know this is probably a stretch, but with one of the episodes being called Limit...

What if the DLC keyblade gives you kh2 Limit Form (so a kh1 sora recolor)? And then the actual Limit episode relating to something in the kh1 era of the series?

Man, as much as KH3 bent me out of shape a little bit, just discussing this little bit of DLC has reminded me of why I love this series. The speculation is so fun, I know I will enjoy whatever the DLC ends up being. It wasnt until after about a week of beating the game that I realized I felt mostly negative about the game...but it was a joy to play.
What made you have such a negative feeling about the game? I’m on honestly just curious.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Interesting, I was under the assumption that all this content would be unveiled for D23 this year. Kingdom Hearts is always hyped for that event.

Well, I'm looking forward to this. I hope that Nomura's idea of Xehanort's origin is translated here in some capacity.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Limit Episode & boss

Those sure are words I'm reading.

What's a Limit Episode?

I agree with you that people shouldn't be expecting DLC to "fix" KH3, but only to the extent that KH3 is so broken it realistically can't be fixed. There's nothing Nomura can do now but bandage the worst fractures and move on.

Ditto.
I'm walking in these DLCs with no expectations whatsoever, but not because it's the right thing to do. KH III has huge problems at its core so I'm following these updates to see what is that they want to add and that couldn't be in the main game so to parse what they're concious about and what is simply part of their mentality and think should be done exactly this way.

That it's probably not going to be what I like to see in Kingdom Hearts or something Kingdom Hearts needs, I've made peace with that.

For starters, I'm not going beyond this thread's level of information about the DLC. Not going to read any interview, watch any trailer or video snippet, anything. I suggest anyone who was burned by the shameless marketing campaign for KH III to do the same.
When it's out, it's out.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
But kh 3 isn’t broken it’s a game that has some issues as does any game in the series, people are just over exaggerating kh 3’s issues to the point of bashing it for everything it does and anything that nomura and his do. As is seen within this article alone.
Nobody in this thread has bashed Nomura or his team, or even named them in the like, three posts expressing concern and/or disappointment. And even if people were, that wouldn't be out of place given that Nomura is responsible for the development of the game. It's not our fault he fumbled it (trust me, if I had the capacity to control Nomura's creative process, you would all hate KH3 and I would have had a much better start to the year); we're just here to see what shade of lipstick he tries to put on this pig.

Rekingdomhearts

Nobody in this thread has bashed Nomura or his team, or even named them in the like, three posts expressing concern and/or disappointment. And even if people were, that wouldn't be out of place given that Nomura is responsible for the development of the game. It's not our fault he fumbled it (trust me, if I had the capacity to control Nomura's creative process, you would all hate KH3 and I would have had a much better start to the year); we're just here to see what shade of lipstick he tries to put on this pig.
I was saying in regards to what nomura and his team try to do not them specifically, he didn’t fumble it in the slightest, people are just taking exception to kh 3 for things that the series has done throughout its lifespan, It’s nothing but hypocrisy. People essentially wanted kh 3 to not be a kh game.

CDD

Awards
According to some Japanese translation, the Limit DLC will contain multiple bosses. I'm guessing this is where the vaunted Organization battles will be. KH3 more complete than KH2FM in less than a year, amazing.

ivaannom

Awards
Those sure are words I'm reading.

What's a Limit Episode?

It's not a Limit episode(for some reason they posted that), it's Limit Cut Episode(リミットカットエピソード).

To explain the meaning of this is a bit difficult to explain because it's just used for Japanese people who played KH2FM(of course, it's also the name of an ability in 358/2, etc but not this time) and i think it's better to explain this in Japanese.

Limit cut it's a word that it's only used until now to describe the "Data Organization 13" in KH2FM.

Well Limit Cut I think it's the bad translation(?) of 制限斬り

制限= Limit
切り = cut

Meaning "Something that cuts the limit". I think it's used to say something like something that has strength beyond the limits, or something like that.

For example they usually use Limit cut's Xemnas, or Roxas, or Marluxia, etc.

And the Limit cut episode will be something like the Cavern of Remembrance and the bosses something like the data Organization, probably.

Well of course, i'm not 100% sure if LCE will be that.

Megavoltage

Awards
III crushed me and a lot of my love for the franchise has been deflating but I'm still pretty interested in Secret Episode. I wonder where this mini adventure will take place

Nukara

Awards
I’m wondering what made Shinji Hashimoto leave KH's producer after so many years?
Is the quarrel with Nomura? And how it will affect the series as a whole.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
The reaction to this should be joyous and celebratory, instead the insults/hate/negativity flows. People need to stop thinking that KH3 needs to be "fixed". They're just setting themselves up for disappointment by building it up in their minds that the DLC is going to "fix" what was "broken" in KH3. It's extra stuff for us to enjoy.

It is what it is. I'm excited for the DLC. Honestly, this happens every game release. People said they were leaving after KH2. Then they said they were leaving after BBS. Then Days. Then Coded. Let's not forget DDD. Now we're at KH3, and it's the same thing. And they'll be here for the next release, and the release after that. There's always a game that loses old fans, but there's always plenty of new fans gained by that same game. Doesn't mean that there shouldn't be criticism because there's always room for growth, but I don't let it bother me at this point. I'm hyped as hell.

As long as you love it, that's all that counts. This train clearly isn't stopping anytime soon, so if people choose this as their stop, no hard feelings, it's their opinion and choice which they're entitled to. But me, it just means there's more people who like what I like. I like this crazy train, so I definitely wanna see what the DLC has to offer!

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Count me among those who are super excited. More Kingdom Hearts is coming my way! 2019 is the year of Kingdom Hearts. Can't wait for the new potential story stuff and new secret boss stuff. I'm crossing my fingers they expand more on how Vexen creates the replicas and how they were able to control them. I've been longing for that since Days. Maybe even a new cutscene with all 13 Seekers together before the war just like how the 7 guardians were at the tower.

okhi12

Awards
I’m wondering what made Shinji Hashimoto leave KH's producer after so many years?
I guess Hashimoto left in order to dedicate fully to FF7 Remake. As long as Nomura is in charge, I don't think we'll notice any difference.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Not a fan of story dlc since it is on Nomura and his team for being so bad at using their time that it looks like I have to pay extra to get story elements that should have been in the base game.

I get he might have felt rushed to push a game out but he had like DDD/.2/ReCoded type games to stick more KH3 plot points in so the game was not so bloated.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I was saying in regards to what nomura and his team try to do not them specifically, he didn’t fumble it in the slightest, people are just taking exception to kh 3 for things that the series has done throughout its lifespan, It’s nothing but hypocrisy. People essentially wanted kh 3 to not be a kh game.
What specific arguments and concerns are you referencing? My guess is your only real aim here is to deflect criticism using hasty generalizations in order to avoid any feeling of dissonance with a product you enjoyed. There's really no need. Enjoy your game: if you're interested in having an actual discussion about what's wrong with it, great-- if not, great. But recognize that defining and evaluating any KH game is a collective process and everyone who bought, played, or even showed a passing interest in this game is entitled to be a part of it. There's no special club of KH fans who get to decide what is and is not KH and who is and is not fan enough to be involved in the debate-- all you can do is argue your position by identifying where it clashes with those of other people and making the better case.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
It's not a Limit episode(for some reason they posted that), it's Limit Cut Episode(リミットカットエピソード).

To explain the meaning of this is a bit difficult to explain because it's just used for Japanese people who played KH2FM(of course, it's also the name of an ability in 358/2, etc but not this time) and i think it's better to explain this in Japanese.

Limit cut it's a word that it's only used until now to describe the "Data Organization 13" in KH2FM.

Well Limit Cut I think it's the bad translation(?) of 制限斬り

制限= Limit
切り = cut

Meaning "Something that cuts the limit". I think it's used to say something like something that has strength beyond the limits, or something like that.

For example they usually use Limit cut's Xemnas, or Roxas, or Marluxia, etc.

And the Limit cut episode will be something like the Cavern of Remembrance and the bosses something like the data Organization, probably.

Well of course, i'm not 100% sure if LCE will be that.

So it's vaguely in the "going beyond the limits" area of meaning.
That clarifies it a bit more, thanks!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Why you gotta assume the worst? Nomura and Hashimoto are not on bad terms. Hashimoto still is working with Nomura on FF7R.

The company has divided into three central divisions now and Hashimoto who is an executive for the FF brand, is now also General Manager of the Media & Arts Business Division which deals with events and goods for their games. He probably found a passion for event planning over the last few years.

Hazama has been business manager for Kingdom Hearts for years, so nothing should change in a negative way. He was essentially training for this kind of executive position for the KH brand for years and has been a producer on many projects that Nomura has also worked on.

At best this means we’ll see new projects that are disconnected from the canon plot, which means we can enjoy them without wracking our heads over how things connect to the main story.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So I didn’t react to the DLC but one of those two things better be Riku DLC or I swear to all of the deities out there that I will personally start a Riku DLC rally online.

I do wonder what the Secret Episode DLC will be, though. It can either go four ways: Riku’s journey to find Sora which leads to him appearing in Shinjuku, Sora’s journey to save Kairi which leads to his disappearance and arrival in Shibuya, Sora or Riku once they arrive in Shibuya/Shinjuku, or it’s related to X/Skuld(?) and the Foretellers.

I think the Secret Episode is more likely to focus on the secret ending, though.

Or just throw a Xehanort scenario at us I don’t even care anymore. I have no expectations or hopes going into this. I just want to not feel confused on where I stand with KH3. I cycle between hating it, being charmed by most of the game, and liking it because of a theory or new detail discovered in the game, the go right back to “ugh”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back