• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura shares first details of Kingdom Hearts III DLC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Judging from those thinking that KH3 has “huge issues”, I can only raise eyebrows in confusion, shrug and go back to exploring Caribbean while Mariah the cat stares at the TV. She’s probably as baffled at the series’ story as ya’ll are! All while I wallow in shame over the fact that I apparently needed spell check for the word caribbean.
A benefit of low expectations, I guess. Those expectations being “be better than KH2 and please don’t make me fight the final boss alone or with non-D&G characters I don’t care about”. KH3 fulfilled both, so I’m good. I would have just replaced Kairi with a lamp post, and added more shield riding segments, but you can’t have everything.

UltimaXOmega

The reaction to this should be joyous and celebratory, instead the insults/hate/negativity flows. People need to stop thinking that KH3 needs to be "fixed". They're just setting themselves up for disappointment by building it up in their minds that the DLC is going to "fix" what was "broken" in KH3. It's extra stuff for us to enjoy.
They should have released the game finished. KHIII has a few major issues, that are fixeable through patches and DLC. This game deserves FFXV's level of support, since it isn't a trainwreck like FFXV and can be fixed.

kaseykockroach

Awards
You mean like how KH2 was "broken" until Final Mix came out? By which we mean "became fun AFTER you beat the final boss"? I'm guessing ya'll ranting about how KH3 "needs fixing" or is "unfinished" have never actually played a broken game before, and believe me, I wish I was in your position!

Heck, KH1's the only one that didn't benefit at all from a Final Mix. If anything, the FM made moogle shops worse.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
People sure are reacting strongly to what amounts to the absolute bare bones of hints as to what the DLC contains.

Like these are very vague terms with next to no explanation applied to them and yet people are getting in a tizzy that X, Y, Z isn't part of it when it very well could be.

Besides the real thing to riot over is the fact that none of these suggest the return of the WARDROBE. OUTRAGE!

They should have released the game finished.
They did.

I hope the DLC shows Sora saving Kairi
This is kind of what I imagine the Secret Episode DLC to be about, personally. I kind of imagine they're saving Shibuya stuff for the next game and aren't going to show much more of that (aside from maybe a new secret ending/tie-in secret boss).

I'm hoping ReMIND is kind of a BBS v2 sort of situation where it will cover a variety of things and loose ends.

I wonder if the new Keyblade is something that will release between now and the paid DLC or if it releases concurrently with the paid DLC and they're just making it so everyone can get it.

kaseykockroach

Awards
"You mean we have to PAY for this!?"
Regarding folks that have qualms with this idea...would you rather buy a Swap Magic off play-asia, then import a copy of KH3FM, then dismantle your PS2 just so you can play the full version of a game you didn't even like that much? Because hoo boy, am I glad those days are over.
Final Mix has a better ring to it than ReMIND though, but the latter's apparently just a working title anyway.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Audo is right. We need Wardrobe to return. Give us Mickey ears to put on Sora! Give us costumes!

They should have released the game finished. KHIII has a few major issues, that are fixeable through patches and DLC. This game deserves FFXV's level of support, since it isn't a trainwreck like FFXV and can be fixed.

It was a finished game, though. This isn’t some situation where they promised us something but it wasn’t in the game. Everything they promised and revealed was in the game. They were clear about how they had plans to release additional content after release to enhance the experience which has ALWAYS happened with the series since KH1, but they didn’t start working on that content until after the game released.

This is the same song and dance since 2002. 17 years. Main game releases as a complete title -> new content that expands the game comes out within a year of release. The difference now is that they can just release this stuff when it is ready rather than have to print a whole new disk for it. (And no matter how many times they deny it, they will most certainly do that next year once DLC is complete because it is a way to get a nice boost in sales for a game after its release.)

This game doesn’t need that level of support, especially when XV fans had their DLC cancelled and are angry that everything they wanted was reduced to being in a novel. We don’t need five DLC episodes expanding on each character’s journey when there is not that much story to tell. All we need is Riku DLC because he was the main one who deserved more screen time and his own expanded story, and then we need something to bridge the new projects together.

What are the major issues?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm torn on having Kairi's training be more explored. Like on the one hand more screen time for her is obviously good, but on the other, I feel like putting any more emphasis on her training will just make the ending sting even more? Like knowing how she and Lea both whiff it in the ending, I feel like having more buildup and showcase of them training is just going to make that feel worse.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Ok so, I'm chiming in real quick now that I have some free time. This isn't the most appropriate thread but I doubt there is even one, considering this convo has been going throughout many threads.
It seems we've reached a point where both sides of the KH III debate are getting tired and frustrated at one another. Discussions are switching from what goes on in the game to what people from the opposite faction do, and even if I'm kinda "retiring" from all of it I'm reading all of what happens.

People who dislike KH III: I'm just as frustrated as you are, perhaps even more if all the invitations I get to lower my voice whenever KH III comes up in the Discord call are any indication of my emotional state.
But remember, at the end of the day this is a forum about Kingdom Hearts, for Kingdom Hearts fans. Having the right to speak one's own opinion, even if dissonant, is important and should always be there, but there is SOME validity to the fact that coming to almost every thread guns ablazing ranting over the bad stuff is... not *wrong* per se, but can be out of place.

You ask me every day of the week, KH III ultimately sucks. It sucks we got such a disappointing game full of bad stuff and bad decisions for the saga finale, and I have so many issues with the people handling the series. And I've voiced all of that as much as I've felt comfortable doing, sometimes a bit more, and in the most respectful approach I could muster.
Other than that, news and interviews about the game will keep happening, and positive responses from those who loved it will keep happening as well: and you'd think that in a place called "Kingdom Hearts Insider Forums" would have more people who ultimately like the stuff. It's also okay to some extent. I love Kingdom Hearts, including III, I come to a Kingdom Hearts forum to tell how much I love it and how I'm looking forward to every new update. Easy enough.
Even if the admins shared our whole mindset, it's not like they can just go and say "Ok, KH confirmed bad, from now on let's all start trashing the franchise and every post needs at least three insults or it won't be approved."
They'll keep posting stuff and reporting news, trying (or not even trying, but simply doing it naturally) to be cheerful and inviting, and speaking as a fellow colleague on my own sites, I know all too well how it feels when you're posting something and you already KNOW you'll get a bitter response in the first three or five replies. S'not always great, and it sends bitter waves to the original poster as well.

Again, I'm the last person on Earth who'd tell you not to think KH III is bad or underwhelming or similar things, nor that you shouldn't express it: at this point KH III is officially a divisive game and not an all-out success and your opinion is rightfully part of the whole.
But once you've made your point... well... it' shouldn't be surprising people on a KH forum will go back to praising it and sometimes even reacting not too thrilled in response to further negativity.

Which brings me to the People who like KH III: I am absolutely in favor of alexis and Rydgea when they say that some opinions are being marginalized and treated like "oh those sad guys are back at it with their sad opinions, oh wee", to some extent at the very least.
It's plain to see some echo chambers of BOTH negativity and ultra-positivity have been made (and some "innocent" statements in favor of the game and devs which were most likely made with the intentions of provoking but I don't want to create drama so let's stop there), and we're now at the point where attempts are being made at telling some people how to feel.
"People who hate on KH III probably don't... people who claim X thing is bad should" nononono, honeys, stopping y'all right there. *I* decide how I should feel and what I probably did or didn't experience, with this game or others. Just as you decided you love this game and you want to defend it and I have nothing to say against that. When/If I go too far... mods and admins will be there to notify and/or punish me accordingly.
Let's not pretend all the passive-aggressive behaviour was always made as a glorious and all-deserving response to some very mean attitude from a toxic KH III hater, because that's just not what always happens.

EDIT: Oh, now name-calling too, apparently. Lovely.

I hold zero power here. I'm just a user who sometimes voices his opinion and all the other times makes dumb jokes some of which are deemed fun. I can't tell anyone what to do, and no one can tell someone else what to feel, so I only say this as an advice to both factions: just try to cool it.
Remember this is a Kingdom Hearts forum so it just won't have a perfect 50/50 ratio on opinions, but WILL have bias at times for obvious, and in part right, reasons.
Anybody else, never hurts to run some self-doubt checkup every once in a while to make sure you're letting others breathe and aren't falling into the role of a glorified paladin no one asked for.

That's all. Don't take it on a personal level, I come in peace.

RavennaSong

Well Limit Cut I think it's the bad translation(?) of 制限斬り

制限= Limit
切り = cut

Meaning "Something that cuts the limit". I think it's used to say something like something that has strength beyond the limits, or something like that

would a better/closer translation be "Limit Break"

kaseykockroach

Awards
My only desire for DLC is a super crazy maniacal boss for me to tackle with Donald and Goofy, ala Lingering Will in KH2’s FM or Xemnas in KH1’s. Dark Inferno is the “obligatory secret boss you fight alone”, so I figure we just need “obligatory secret boss you fight with friends”.

Rekingdomhearts

What specific arguments and concerns are you referencing? My guess is your only real aim here is to deflect criticism using hasty generalizations in order to avoid any feeling of dissonance with a product you enjoyed. There's really no need. Enjoy your game: if you're interested in having an actual discussion about what's wrong with it, great-- if not, great. But recognize that defining and evaluating any KH game is a collective process and everyone who bought, played, or even showed a passing interest in this game is entitled to be a part of it. There's no special club of KH fans who get to decide what is and is not KH and who is and is not fan enough to be involved in the debate-- all you can do is argue your position by identifying where it clashes with those of other people and making the better case.
You haven’t made specific points to anything you’ve said, in regards to the game being “broken” and you say I’m using hasty generalizations? You’re the pot calling the kettle black. Also I have acknowledged that kh 3 has issues so that dissonance statement is nothing, but a complete lie, my guess here is your only aim, is to make condescending responses while making empty generalizations that the game is “broken”, or Nomura “fumbled” it. You say a lot with little substance and make some baseless assumptions not once have I said anything in regards to whether someone is “fan enough” or not, nor did I say that only a select few get to decide what is kh. Also I mean in regards people say proud was too easy, kingdom hearts games have not been known to be difficult games in general, proud has always been a relatively easy difficulty and even with critical mode aside from kh 2 lvl 1, it’s also not a terribly hard experience. So the easyness of kingdom hearts has been a thing for the series in general, then people complain about the story how certain things that were brought up weren’t explained, this has also been a thing throughout the series, when something was introduced you usually had to wait for a whole other game to fully expand on it and explain it, to take exception with kh 3 doing this is ridiculous because that’s what the series is known for, an example is like when xemnas goes to the chamber of repose and talks with aquas armor and calls it friend, we wouldn’t get an explanation on this until birth by sleep, and how all the organization members became nobodies we wouldn’t see how this was done until dream drop if I’m remembering correctly.

Rekingdomhearts

Not a fan of story dlc since it is on Nomura and his team for being so bad at using their time that it looks like I have to pay extra to get story elements that should have been in the base game.

I get he might have felt rushed to push a game out but he had like DDD/.2/ReCoded type games to stick more KH3 plot points in so the game was not so bloated.
You know this has been a thing since final mix first became a thing right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back