• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura shares first details of Kingdom Hearts III DLC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
With Xion, I don't even see how she'd have a playable segment in KH3's story. All that's needed for her is a scene or two explaining how she came back (and maybe a slight adjustment to when she fully returns as apparently being kicked into Sora is what finally did it.)

A fan translation about her status implies Vexen made a new Replica using her old data. A short scene of Vexen doing that would work fine.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
KH ReMIND:
-Playable Nami DLC where you journey through memories of various characters, revealing key plot points

With Xion, I don't even see how she'd have a playable segment in KH3's story. All that's needed for her is a scene or two explaining how she came back (and maybe a slight adjustment to when she fully returns as apparently being kicked into Sora is what finally did it.)

A fan translation about her status implies Vexen made a new Replica using her old data. A short scene of Vexen doing that would work fine.
Yeah exactly. Like the pieces of her return are there, it just needs a cutscene or two to make it clearer (and maybe a bit of a modification of the scene where it happens so we can see the visual of her heart moving or something). It really doesn't need a full playable DLC episode focusing on it, and on her, of all the characters in the game that could benefit from it.

the red monster

Awards
Fans has been asking for playable kairi since like 2017 for kh3
letting someone else in the dlc be playable (riku doesn't count since he's already playable and got everything done) would be a spitting on the fans face, imo.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Which reminds me, where exactly did Vexen do any of his research? I would say TWTNW but all of the organization meetings happened at the Keyblade Graveyard

Also 10,000th post :)

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Fans has been asking for playable kairi since like 2017 for kh3
letting someone else in the dlc be playable (riku doesn't count since he's already playable and got everything done) would be a spitting on the fans face, imo.
you need to raise the bar for what you consider "spitting on the fans face"

also, two years is not very long?

the red monster

Awards
you need to raise the bar for what you consider "spitting on the fans face"

also, two years is not very long?
They likely started working on the dlc around the end of 2018, so by then they should know what the fans are asking for so the DLC can give that to them. simple.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Playable Xion would be the worst decision. I like her but there is nothing surrounding her return that I’m interested in playing from her POV.

Kairi would be a good choice for a DLC, but I also feel the same as Audo. Having her be playable would only make her death much more worse because we know her growth would go nowhere.

If I could have the perfect project, I would prefer a whole game dedicated to Kairi, starting with her training as the tutorial, then a quick flash forward as we see her fight and die and come back, then the game truly begins once she’s back and it explores a new journey for her where she dedicates herself to becoming stronger so nothing like what happened happens again. And it could be a story about finding herself and her place in the world, especially by visiting Disney worlds that have stories surrounding that theme like Moana, Zootopia, and Treasure Planet.

As it stands, DLC on her training would be more demeaning. DLC after her return wouldn’t be enough.

KH ReMIND:
-Playable Nami DLC where you journey through memories of various characters, revealing key plot points

She was essentially one of the major hero of KH3 in the end. It was by her connecting to Lingering Will that the heroes didn’t repeat history over again. Also, I think it would be interesting if she was also the reason for Ephemer reaching out from the past. Of all of the things that had little to no explanation, that moment is definitely up there. It was amazing but it there must have been a catalyst for it to happen.

If Namine was exploring all of the various connections and memories of people related to Sora, I’d absolutely love to see her just eventually connect to Ephemer through Eraqus or something.

They likely started working on the dlc around the end of 2018, so by then they should know what the fans are asking for so the DLC can give that to them. simple.

How would they have know what fans wanted in the DLC in 2018 when the game wasn’t out yet?

Awards
If we do get something similar to CoR and can re-fight Org XIII, I’m hoping they allow us the option of playing as either Sora, Riku, or Aqua. Maybe unlocking different rewards with the latter 2.

(And yes, I’m aware everyone wants to play as Kairi, Roxas, etc... I’m just being more realistic because Riku and Aqua are already programmed to be playable)

WhinyAcademic

Awards
A secret boss who will be hard enough to make me cry? Let’s do it!

Still hoping for a Darth Vader boss, just a throwaway deal like Julius. He certainly fits the bill for someone who could be that hard of a boss - or hell, get Thanos!

the red monster

Awards
If we do get something similar to CoR and can re-fight Org XIII, I’m hoping they allow us the option of playing as either Sora, Riku, or Aqua. Maybe unlocking different rewards with the latter 2.

(And yes, I’m aware everyone wants to play as Kairi, Roxas, etc... I’m just being more realistic because Riku and Aqua are already programmed to be playable)
Letting me play aqua the entire game would be a god send, i will gladly pay 20-30$ for it
i made save file before vanitas fight just so i can play as her from time to time lol

edit: just saw you didn't mean the entire game but the organization fights, point still stands tho.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I can’t imagine they’d dedicate an entire scenario to Xion of all people. The term “remind” works for a lot of characters; I could see it being used to elaborate more on Xehanort’s history, which was something Nomura had wanted to tell.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
A Riku's scenario seems such an obvious thing to do. There's a lot of potential for this game - A Riku's scenario, Kairi's scenario, Xehanort's scenario... If we don't even get the most obvious one, I won't know what to feel...

As for the free DLC, the rest of Twilight Town and Mysterious Tower should be included. It just seems fair. Twilight Town is smaller than ever and Mysterious Tower gameplay was showed in some trailers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back