• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura shares first details of Kingdom Hearts III DLC

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I’ve been laughing at these games’ attempts at poignance (and appreciating the few moments/aspects where they got it right, like the SDG trio) since 2002. KH3’s just plenty livelier than usual. Not sure why folks are late to the program in terms of “Kingdom Hearts stories are structurally messy and flooded with laughable contrivances and complications for the sake of it” when they’ve had 17 years to get used to it!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Not that it really means anything, but the term "Limit Cut" was also used in the original KHX. Once a card has been upgraded to its max level, players could use Limit Cuts to raise the level even further.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
After my initial introduction to the series through KH2, I couldn't give less of a stiff about Disney, and the fact that so much weight was given to it is kinda bullshit.
I mean at the end of the day it is and always will be a Disney game, and in every game we spend 80% of the game in Disney worlds. Them actually treating the worlds better and expanding on them and making them full and detailed and such was a good thing in my eyes. It felt like the first time the Disney worlds actually got close to their potential in a long time and the way they reinforce key themes and concepts throughout was nice.

Nomura set up so many interesting plots in the past 11 games and the resolution that we were given here was filled with replicas and gummiphones. That's low even by his standards.
Personally I liked the use of replicas here. It felt like finally tying together what felt like an out of nowhere random plotline from CoM and bringing it full circle. I never expected them to actually deal with the ramifications of bringing these people back (I honestly thought it was just going to be some handwaved Disney Magic style thing as to why they can exist again) so for the series to actually go through the trouble of providing an actual explanation for that worked for me. I'm also a sucker for the antagonists undoings being brought about by their own terrible actions.

Also, the gummiphone is good. Sometimes you gotta let yourself have fun.

I know some people balked at the bit where Jiminy gives them all gummiphones and summaries and in some sense yeah it is a cop-out, but at the same time, do we really want scene after scene of the characters not understanding basic concepts about each other and having to explain it over and over again? Now the series can jump off of that point into new territory between the characters instead of them all playing catch up.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
If anything, the gummiphone was criminally underutilized.

We should've been able to call Riku and Kairi (and later the remaining guardians) whenever we wanted, and have some dialogue writers go nuts with interactions.
Instead we got Ienzposition for days.

disney233

Awards
If people are already mass critiquing, despising, and spitting such little info on a DLC (Basically Final Mix), then what's the point of being hyped for any future KH game at this point?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Yeah one thing I would have loved is if other characters called you while you're exploring the worlds as field banter.

Also the fact that we can't take selfies with the OCs is criminal.

I'm really hoping future DLC expands on the gummiphone a bit more and I definitely want it to be a feature in all the games to follow.

Last edited:

Xagzan

Awards
At this point in my life, I just want character interactions. Namine, Xion and Kairi didn't get to say a single word to each other in the game, for example. And that sort of thing is where my interest lies more than secret bosses or any new plots.

I just got back from Avengers: Endgame, and there's a reason why those movies have worked as well and as long as they have. And it's not just punching aliens. The scenes that hold it all together are the smaller interactions, and KH3 didn't have enough of them.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Yozora does seem like the obvious choice for a secret boss. Those are usually used to tie into a future game. There is also the possibility of an antagonist from TWEWY to be a secret boss as well

Perkilator

Awards
If people are already mass critiquing, despising, and spitting such little info on a DLC (Basically Final Mix), then what's the point of being hyped for any future KH game at this point?
Trust me, some people just love to complain no matter what (Sonic fanbase is one of the worst at this; I know because I used to be majorly involved in it). You shouldn't let these complaints stop you from being hyped for a game. Just because most people don't like a game doesn't mean nobody should like it.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
At this point in my life, I just want character interactions. Namine, Xion and Kairi didn't get to say a single word to each other in the game, for example. And that sort of thing is where my interest lies more than secret bosses or any new plots.

I just got back from Avengers: Endgame, and there's a reason why those movies have worked as well and as long as they have. And it's not just punching aliens. The scenes that hold it all together are the smaller interactions, and KH3 didn't have enough of them.

It's funny, I was waiting all game to see what Kairi's reaction would be to seeing one of the seekers wearing her face. And nothing happened. Not even a Roxas/Ventus meme moment. For all of KH's jokes about the series, they really didn't take advantage of the large cast of clone characters all together. Would have been hilarious if Aqua or Ventus mistook Xion for Namine who they heard Sora mention at the meeting, or heck maybe they think she's still Kairi and ask what she did to herself. Of course that would require them to actually interact with one another. The lack of interactions between all the main characters was my major gripe with the game, above any difficulty level.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It's funny, I was waiting all game to see what Kairi's reaction would be to seeing one of the seekers wearing her face. And nothing happened. Not even a Roxas/Ventus meme moment. For all of KH's jokes about the series, they really didn't take advantage of the large cast of clone characters all together. Would have been hilarious if Aqua or Ventus mistook Xion for Namine who they heard Sora mention at the meeting, or heck maybe they think she's still Kairi and ask what she did to herself. Of course that would require them to actually interact with one another. The lack of interactions between all the main characters was my major gripe with the game, above any difficulty level.
They had a moment in the Keyblade Graveyard where Roxas/Ventus looking the same was mentioned.

I really wish the original characters didn't vanish after their fights in the Keyblade Graceyard. They should leave them there with idle dialogue/picture dialogue/specific dialogue when spoken to. I'm hoping for some location to open up where you can take a group selfie with all of them or hear them talking to each other like the other NPCs.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
relatedly, it would have been adorable if data-sora/data-riku functioned like siri on the gummiphones
Oh my yes! That would have been great.

Yozora does seem like the obvious choice for a secret boss. Those are usually used to tie into a future game. There is also the possibility of an antagonist from TWEWY to be a secret boss as well
Yozora is too expected. I'm all for someone from TWEWY. Namely Sho Minamimoto because he is the best and has the biggest hype behind him.

Subject X/Skuld as the secret boss would be interesting.

What's even the point of making clones when that fact isn't used? I still hate how Lea went on about Roxas and Ven looking alike and NO ONE REACTS.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
The additional scenario "ReMIND" could very much be our Riku DLC, but it's just wishful thinking for now.

In Re: Chain of Memories his scenario is called Reverse/Rebirth. "ReMIND" actually fits what he and Mickey are doing in the beginning - Retrace Aqua's steps. It also fits Riku Replica/Naminé plotline and we have an in-game model for Naminé that still wasn't used.

A man can dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back