• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura talks about his new project

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion wielder

||~VentusOmnus~||
April 2 - With Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix + Re: Chain of Memories at last out in Japan, Tetsuya Nomura and crew can now devote all their energy to their next project. And that appears to be another Kingdom Hearts game, or at least another tie-up with Disney. But is it Kingdom Hearts III? Speaking with Japan's Gemaga and Dengeki PlayStation publications, Nomura gave a few hints on the new project, which he's previously hinted would see formal announcement later this year.

Gemaga asked if the characters who appear in the new CG "secret movie" that has been added to Final Mix are from the new title. "They are people who have some relation to the new series," said the producer. "However the next title won't just be Kingdom Hearts III. If it were III, we wouldn't call it a new series." Asked if Sora and Riku would make an appearance in the new game, he said with a laugh, "I can't say." He also hinted that the new game would have something to do with Xehanort, the main villain of the Kingdom Hearts series.

He was just as direct when Dengeki PlayStation asked for some details on the new title. "First, it's not Kingdom Hearts III. Of course, because we're calling it a 'new' series, it won't be KHIII. Also, it's a series, so it probably won't be just one title." Nomura once again promised an announcement of the new game, whatever it may be, some time this year. In the meanwhile, he suggested that players attempt to unlock the Final Mix secret movie and start imagining.

source:kh-2.net

--
Something to do with Xehanort, huh?

Oblivion wielder

||~VentusOmnus~||
Lol,i wonder though..if this new game has a connection with a part of the secret ending and the knights along with Xehanort...what it could be?Maybe about Keyblade wars and battles or something more complicated? xD ^o^

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Since he's called it a "New series", do you think that it won't just be a CoM-esque bridge-between-games game, but an entire Kingdom hearts spin-off series?

Obviously there has to be a game to continue Sora's story, but apparently this new series is not the one to do so. So, we will have the continuation of Kingdom Hearts as we know it, Sora's Story, but then also a new series within the KH franchise that tells a different tale?

People assume that the game is going to be KH3, it's just not going to be called that, but from what he's hinting at, the new projects aren't just our "KH3" but a separate series of games within the KH universe entirely

Synchro

Website
kaitou-art.50webs.com
They will stop concentrating on Sora. *Sigh* He indicated it.

Instead, this is going to be a little like the Final Fantasy series. I suppose.

Big difference is that all of the FF games aren't connected even remotely (except for them milking FF7 and the FFX and FFX-2 thing.)

This new series, I think, will actually be connected to previous KH games. O.O Stunning.

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
I wonder what the new title will be... I really have no clue. Do you think it will it still have the root name Kingdom Hearts, or will it be a new title entirely?

Henskie

I'm Batman
entirely new I think it will be something along the lines of the keyblade war or something like that

Sandcastle

So it will be everything on Keyblade War past, it seems.

What would the SoraxRiku fans say? Heheh...

pimpinhuskie519

Kingdom Hearts: Path to Destiny oh yeah!!! lol jk jk idk id put my money on it having the Kingdom Hearts title but have a secondary sub title following

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Sora and Riku will probably be in the game. He just doesn't want to spoil anyone.

pimpinhuskie519

He said in an interview that out of the 3 new characters there was at least one that had some sort of connection w/ sora > so i dont think the game is gonna go to far away from Sora > It will still revolve around Sora's story line but will be seen through the eyes of another character> one that will know sora eventually or who alrdy knows him

Relik

He said in an interview that out of the 3 new characters there was at least one that had some sort of connection w/ sora > so i dont think the game is gonna go to far away from Sora > It will still revolve around Sora's story line but will be seen through the eyes of another character> one that will know sora eventually or who alrdy knows him

Can you provide a link where he said that one of the knights has a connection to Sora. Thanks

E

Eternal Oblivion

nooooo. it would really get bad if they dont include the main hero. i would love to see what happenes in kingdomhearts next

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Since he's called it a "New series", do you think that it won't just be a CoM-esque bridge-between-games game, but an entire Kingdom hearts spin-off series?

Obviously there has to be a game to continue Sora's story, but apparently this new series is not the one to do so. So, we will have the continuation of Kingdom Hearts as we know it, Sora's Story, but then also a new series within the KH franchise that tells a different tale?

People assume that the game is going to be KH3, it's just not going to be called that, but from what he's hinting at, the new projects aren't just our "KH3" but a separate series of games within the KH universe entirely

So... you're saying that 5 months ago when I was saying this I was right after so many people telling me I was wrong?

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
^He's working on that too. But in reality he really wants more KH. That's why he's going to quit FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back