• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura: "The KH series has entered a preparation phase for what's next"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
MMOs also require hundreds more staff and multiple times the budget of a mobile game to develop and maintain. They don't exactly have all that lying around somewhere.
They have enough to make FF7 Fortnite. :T

Eh, KH always got the short end of the stick when it comes to mobile games.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
They have enough to make FF7 Fortnite. :T

Eh, KH always got the short end of the stick when it comes to mobile games.
I was referring to internal staff, not another outsourced studio.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
The more I think about it, the more I’m convinced there’s a decent chance we’ll see a “3.5” type compilation reveal sometime later this year that simultaneously serves as the inevitable PS5/Xbox Series X update. If that’s the case, I can see them going the FF7R: Intergrade route of including new content, but here we could see a Back Cover sequel covering Unchained/Ux in lieu of DLC. I mean, every compilation they’ve released so far has a movie included. Idk, I’m kinda reading “the Union x team will consolidate with the main team” as them preparing to re-tell the Ux story properly. Wishful thinking, perhaps.

Awards
The more I think about it, the more I’m convinced there’s a decent chance we’ll see a “3.5” type compilation reveal sometime later this year that simultaneously serves as the inevitable PS5/Xbox Series X update. If that’s the case, I can see them going the FF7R: Intergrade route of including new content, but here we could see a Back Cover sequel covering Unchained/Ux in lieu of DLC. I mean, every compilation they’ve released so far has a movie included. Idk, I’m kinda reading “the Union x team will consolidate with the main team” as them preparing to re-tell the Ux story properly. Wishful thinking, perhaps.
If that's the case, then I'd better prepare for the recycling of "title make no sense" etc.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I mean, I think we deserve a next gen package of KH3 but part of me thinks if they decide to add anything, it’ll be related to the future of the series to continue stringing us along versus another recap.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
I mean, I think we deserve a next gen package of KH3 but part of me thinks if they decide to add anything, it’ll be related to the future of the series to continue stringing us along versus another recap.

Perhaps! Though IMO I think that’s the purpose MoM already serves. My impression over the years has been that Nomura is reluctant to take major leaps in the franchise (which I expect is what all the 20th anniversary fanfare is leading toward) without consolidating the story so far (going as far back as Re:CoM). Who knows what behind-the-scenes politicking was behind the decision to shut down Ux/DR, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this was at least in part driven by Nomura’s desire to do some proper recapping before they take the next major step. “Preparation phase” makes it sound like they’re being very deliberate about the lead-up to the next major title 🤔

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Why didn’t they give us a MMORPG version of X/ Unchained X/ Union X. That would have been so epic
Because Japanese gamers prefer portable gaming due to their lifestyle. It's a miracle that Unchained X lasted as long as it did considering the lack of marketing compared to other Square Enix mobile games.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I would love to see a few extra battle gates or a Coliseum if they're willing to do so.

But, I'd prefer the series to continue even if it's a small story like 0.2. (maybe we'll get to see the 0.2 Customization feature back - give Riku cat ears, I know you want to do it Nomura)

Foxycian

Awards
Phase 2, as long we don’t overhype it then we will surely enjoy it like we did phase 1 or maybe even more since now there are endless possibilities and ideas to look forward to.

Back