• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura: "We'd like to put BBS on PlayStation Network buuuuuut..."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Key to the light

GODtada Will Reign
I'm sure most of the problems are coming from Disney. The fact that Utada's song would be made "digital content" shouldn't have anything to do with it, since the majority of her music debuts as such. Also, she's openly stated the fact that she doesn't mind fans illegally downloading her music. The only thing that would catch SE up is the fact that she renewed her contract with EMI, changing her international stage name in the process, so that's the only reason why they'd have to reapply.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I've added an addendum to the top post. It seems that a few sources cite that instead of Disney or Utada, that Nomura has a specific project he wants to finish first before he puts BBS on PSN.

Since I don't have the actual scan to verify, I'll leave them both up for now.

So in essence Birth by Sleep is still PSN-bound, but there's a project that Nomura has to finish first. Unfortunately I haven't found any more revealing details about what that is exactly.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I get why Disney is shifty over digital downloads, but Utada should have just give an automatic yes. They are paying her for the song so it shouldn't really matter.
Exactly. Disney, you know they're Disney they want to make sure they make as much money as possible. Utada, well just... ugh, no comment on her anymore. XD

I've added an addendum to the top post. It seems that a few sources cite that instead of Disney or Utada, that Nomura has a specific project he wants to finish first before he puts BBS on PSN.

So in essence Birth by Sleep is still PSN-bound, but there's a project that Nomura has to finish first. Unfortunately I haven't found any more revealing details about what that is exactly.
Hmm, that's interesting. It makes you wonder what the project is; maybe it's BBS vol.2. -shrugs-

Good to know for people who didn't want to buy a PSP for BBS, that they will eventually be able to get it on the PSN. This is great news for my friend who only has a PS3; he can eventually download the game and be happy.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
She should be happy they are paying her whatever they are giving her, considering how frugal Disney and SE are. Oh well. They can go at it. I have a copy so I don't really care.

It's really more of her dad that demands this than Hikki herself since her dad is pretty much her manager. I mean, Hikki even said in that one Disney interview of hers something like, "Yeah, my dad says that Disney doesn't pay."

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
Good to know for people who didn't want to buy a PSP for BBS, that they will eventually be able to get it on the PSN. This is great news for my friend who only has a PS3; he can eventually download the game and be happy.

why would it? please tell me, i'm in the same position as your friend (aka haven't played the game) and I really wanna be happy! ;)

Yessir_23

Awards
It looks like the game WILL come to PSN, which is good news for me. I've never played the game but I've been dying to. It would also be nice to stick it to all the people who said "never coming to PSN, psp go sux LOLZ" a few months back.
Oh and Lnds500, awesome signature :D

Cheaken

Awards
You can't play PSP games on the PS3 even if you get them off of the PSN.

SuperSailorEarth

I thought that Utada's daddy was the big money diva. And like everyone said, her content is available for digital download... when its in the game most people can't even extract it unless they have the know how. Its not like people buy KH to specifically listen to her song... that what youtube is used for.

Disney I can see being a problem. All the "Big companies" still dont have a clear understanding of the web and how to monetize it as shown time and time again. To them content on web equals automatic piracy and huge loss of sales, something the Music Industry has been trying to prove for years but has still FAILED to do so.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

if the "project" is versus i will be so mad

Keyblademasterbb

Update: There are some reports that say that Nomura states that Disney and Utada are not what are putting the game on hold, but that he has something else (he wouldn't specify) that he's working on first.

I bet he working on releasing Kingdom hearts and Kingdom hearts 2 on psn because if you think about it's the perfect timing next year will be the tenth anniversary of the original release and nomura said he would do something to honor it just not KH3.

SORRY FOR THE INCORRECT QUOTE

Keyblademasterbb

BBS V.2. for PS3....*cough*....

You've got to to be kidding right? Why in the hell would they release BBS vol. 2 on the ps3 when they haven't even made KH3 yet all side games except for re: chain of memories have been released on handhelds why would they put BBS on the psp then put vol.2 on the ps3 that wouldn't any sense seeing as how they had a special psp just for BBS .

This is in no form meant to be disrespectful sorry if it seems so.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
You've got to to be kidding right? Why in the hell would they release BBS vol. 2 on the ps3 when they haven't even made KH3 yet all side games except for re: chain of memories have been released on handhelds why would they put BBS on the psp then put vol.2 on the ps3 that wouldn't any sense seeing as how they had a special psp just for BBS .

This is in no form meant to be disrespectful sorry if it seems so.

Umm...BBS was a main game ya know and it was on the PSP.

Anna825

Umm...BBS was a main game ya know and it was on the PSP.

Sorry...this should be discussed in the "BBS for Main Console" thread, located a mere couple of topics below this one. I didn't mean to turn that discussion into a virus to spread to other topics...

Nate

[B said:
Update[/B]: There are some reports that say that Nomura states that Disney and Utada are not what are putting the game on hold, but that he has something else (he wouldn't specify) that he's working on first.

Could they possibly be working on bbs v.2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back