• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Now for all those who played BBS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I didn't find any part of BbS hard at all. I mean I really can't even see why it'd be difficult unless you're like pounding on the X button.

Well it's harder than KH2 and KH1 because you can't just spam cure and items like you could previously, you really need to conserve your cure for when you need it and the bosses like Experiment 221 have a way of staying clear from you which can become annoying at times lol.

Lol, it's not complex. It's just the overall pacing is the same problem that ails previous Kingdom Hearts games.

Well I personaly don't think the story is complexed, i just like how they tied things together. But for a non hardcore fan or beginer to KH it may be a little hard for them to follow the story, since some of the info you have to do a bit of observation, cause it doesn't hand information out directly like KH2 and KH1 did.

It's KH2 in the sense that it's battle system features have an identity crisis, as if they were included just to be included rather than have a specific function. I mean, really the ability system and shoot lock alone would have served it just as well.

I kinda see where you are going with that, and maybe the D-Links weren't really needed, but all in all I think the D-Links were meant to support the story theme of bonds.

Sure, they had some platforming thrown in but it retained the same "move from once side of the cave to the other side" feel that KH2 had.

Give them a little slack on this one though, it's a PSP game, we all knew that it wasn't going to contain as much as KH2 did or KH1, even though it's probably got the same amount of content if not just a little less than KH1.

I'm just glad they brought back platforming at all.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
To each his own, I guess.

I still really didn't feel as though BbS was even moderately difficult, and there were still some of the same missteps as the second title. But yeah, if you're that amped up on the game then I guess it's hard for you not to dislike it. It's more or less what we've come to expect with Kingdom Hearts.

A

Azrael

Same here. I thought the story was an improvement over the past two Kingdom Hearts games and the battle system is nice [though it seriously needs to be improved on if implemented in future titles]. Game could've been better.

Awards
I didn't find any part of BbS hard at all. I mean I really can't even see why it'd be difficult unless you're like pounding on the X button.
That's pretty much it. I imagine the same people who found KH1 hard will find BbS at least somewhat challenging. Because from what I've seen, these people seem to forget that if you just stand in one place and press square, you block. They'd rather hit X, X, X, X like they did in KH2, only stopping perhaps to cure.

Virtually all enemies in all KH games follow a generic pattern. Find the pattern, block at the right time, counter. Rinse and repeat. You win.

Lol, it's not complex. It's just the overall pacing is the same problem that ails previous Kingdom Hearts games.
KH, CoM, KH2, Days. All of them had this issue, with most important plot points coming in at the extremities, stuffed with Disney filler in between. No matter what people say, KH1 was no different. Yeah, it had the silver lining of the PoH and the Disney villains gathering but, all things considered, even these scenes don't contribute much to the overall plot. When we're talking about the individual plots for the KH1 Disney worlds, yes, they are filler, just like they are in every other game.

But this problem of integrating the Disney stories, I'm not even really sure how they could solve it. They're each supposed to be a slightly altered version of their movie counterparts. In other words, they're supposed to be a collection of stories in the game, which accounts for the very disjointed feel between the main plot and the Disney worlds. Whereas other games don't have to worry about streaming through one plot point to the next, KH is essentially jumping between the canon of different Disney movies.

In order to truly make these worlds matter, you'd have to give up on virtually all of their original content and rewrite them so that they could fit together.

Well it's harder than KH2 and KH1 because you can't just spam cure and items like you could previously, you really need to conserve your cure for when you need it and the bosses like Experiment 221 have a way of staying clear from you which can become annoying at times lol.

KH2: You cured, and it used up all of your magic, so you had to wait for it to fill back up. You could expedite the process with ethers.

BbS: You use commands which can recharge. In fact, you can have multiple cure commands.

Well I personaly don't think the story is complexed, i just like how they tied things together. But for a non hardcore fan or beginer to KH it may be a little hard for them to follow the story, since some of the info you have to do a bit of observation, cause it doesn't hand information out directly like KH2 and KH1 did.
For a non-core KH fan, the game shouldn't be complex. If anything, it's more complex for us hardcore fans who like to over analyze and scrutinize every detail. Yeah, they might miss out on some of the subtleties and nuances, but that's the point. When you take those out of consideration, the overall plot of BbS is pretty easy to follow. Pretty, I'd even say, simple.

Aquaman OS

The staff admitted that D Links were basically thrown in because the PSP couldn't handle constant party members but they still wanted the main Disney world characters to have an affect on the gameplay. So they basically are there just to be there.

A

Azrael

Lack of worlds that would have been perfect for BBS.

Notre Dame
A Sword in A Stone World
Jungle Book

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
Lack of worlds that would have been perfect for BBS.

Notre Dame
A Sword in A Stone World
Jungle Book
those would all be perfect!!!!! im not so sure about notre dame or a possible plot but jungle book and sword in the stone wouldve been perfect!!!

A

Azrael

Too bad A Sword in A Stone might not work since Merlin is retconned to living in RG.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Notre Dame would've worked so well too. I had the entire plot of that world in my head when I was watching the movie recently.

Aquaman OS

I think in BBS they decided not to use any brand new worlds, meaning worlds with no characters that hadn't already appeared in other games. Thus no Hunchback, Jungle Book etc. The POH and Stitch already appeared in KH 1 and 2 so they worked well.

A

Azrael

To tell you the truth, I would've loved it if Terra alone was Xehanort. I had this theory of the young Xehanort being the Unversed of Terra.

αsiя

space coke
The game so far is great. It's not better than KH1 but it's better than KH2/Days/Com. The story is great, I knew this before I started playing the game. The gameplay sorta disappointed me but I'm pretty sure it's because it's in Japanese (but I still found some things that I didn't like). It's pretty difficult, I found myself having some trouble in Easy mode which is because I'm not a hardcore gamer. I'm currently trying Standard mode on Ven and I'm gonna see how hard it will be. The thing that disappointed me the most is the amount of time the characters are at the worlds. It was so short. I beat Terra's story in 10 hours and that's including the hours I left the PSP running while I was watching the translated cutscenes. So in my estimation, it took around 7-8 hours to beat one story which is almost half of what Nomura said.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
- The level design is pretty darn bland, even with the implementation of some actual platforming this time around.

I'm glad that someone has the same opinion as me. Despite my excitement over the platforming, I can't help but feel 'this is it?' when it comes to level design when I was watching Youtube vids. Like the forest in Dwarf Woodlands, and the entire Keyblade Graveyard. I'll give it slack though.

To tell you the truth, I would've loved it if Terra alone was Xehanort.

Agreed. We've already seen Riku descending into darkness,

but it'll be even more interesting if Terra goes all the way. I can't help but feel that MX being the one who was possessing Terra is an easy way out to preserve Terra's righteousness. Kinda disappointed that we only have some vague information on MX's turn to evil for the right reasons without us actually seeing it happening.

cnorwood

idk if you guys support pirated games but the patch is out and you can play it to see for yourselvs

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
idk if you guys support pirated games but the patch is out and you can play it to see for yourselvs

We don't. And this isn't the place to discuss it.

cnorwood

well you can also buy the game extract the iso and still use the patch to play it on your cfw

S

SoulSilver

Well I played the demo at this event last week, and it was alright some of the boss's seemed to easy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back